F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Mini coding/programming

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 11:07 AM
Ultraviolet1
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I've read through this whole thread and I've seen some mention of newer software revisions not able to code any of the options that some of you who have '14 model year cars have been able to do.

Just curious, has anyone who has taken delivery in the last month or two tried to code any options successfully? I took delivery on the 8th and am wondering what results I'll see.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:20 AM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mini coding/programming

Anyone tried this? It has several MINI codes you can adjust made into it. And also can reset codes, a friend of mine uses it for his BMW and loves it.

Attached Thumbnails Mini coding/programming-photo954.jpg  
Old 06-16-2015, 11:22 AM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Mini coding/programming

Also is there any code that makes the sunroof go ALL the way back when you open it? I hate that it goes back about 90% and you have to tap the button again to make it go all the way.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:52 AM
pjo1966
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by VYPUR
Also is there any code that makes the sunroof go ALL the way back when you open it? I hate that it goes back about 90% and you have to tap the button again to make it go all the way.
Not sure of the code, but until you get one you can just hit the button twice and it will open all the way. There's no need to wait for it to stop before hitting the button again. The same is true for closing it. Just tap it twice.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:16 PM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Mini coding/programming

Originally Posted by pjo1966
Not sure of the code, but until you get one you can just hit the button twice and it will open all the way. There's no need to wait for it to stop before hitting the button again. The same is true for closing it. Just tap it twice.
Cool thanks.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Steve Kay
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet1
So I've read through this whole thread and I've seen some mention of newer software revisions not able to code any of the options that some of you who have '14 model year cars have been able to do. Just curious, has anyone who has taken delivery in the last month or two tried to code any options successfully? I took delivery on the 8th and am wondering what results I'll see.
Took delivery of an F55 in April. Was able to code windows up from fob, remove disclaimer, and a couple other things with no issues.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Ultraviolet1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Steve Kay
Took delivery of an F55 in April. Was able to code windows up from fob, remove disclaimer, and a couple other things with no issues.
Ok cool, thanks for the feedback. I'll give the F56 a try when I get the cable tomorrow. Here's hoping.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:11 PM
knew2mini
Neutral
Ok cool, thanks for the feedback. I'll give the F56 a try when I get the cable tomorrow. Here's hoping.
I'm very interested to hear how your attempt at coding works! I just today ordered an F56 that is due for delivery 60-90 days from now, expecting to be built mid-July. I remember seeing someone in this thread mention that from July forwards we will no longer be able to recode. I'm hoping that isn't the case.

Doesn't the fact that BMW still needs to be able to code mean that there will always be a way in for those with the will/knowledge?

Old 06-16-2015, 03:19 PM
Ultraviolet1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by knew2mini
I'm very interested to hear how your attempt at coding works! I just today ordered an F56 that is due for delivery 60-90 days from now, expecting to be built mid-July. I remember seeing someone in this thread mention that from July forwards we will no longer be able to recode. I'm hoping that isn't the case.

Doesn't the fact that BMW still needs to be able to code mean that there will always be a way in for those with the will/knowledge?
Congrats on the new MINI order, you're going to love it regardless whether you can code it or not

I'll definitely share my experience. I'm not sure what the landscape looks like but one thing that is a bit annoying with the MINI (if I can offer some constructive criticism) is the comfort access feature not locking all the doors on the first button press unless the inside doors are all unlocked. I'm hoping I can code it to unlock all the doors when I stop thereby changing the CA behavior.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:10 AM
Richard M Nixon
2nd Gear
I've been coding my F56 with the 55.4 PSZdata, no issues.

So far I have the mirrors fold in/out when I use the comfort access button (though I have to hold it for about a second for them to fold), removed warnings, disabled seatbelt chime/light, set A/C and auto start/stop engine to remember my settings, set the turn signal to flash 4x, mirrors point down when I go in reverse, doors unlock when engine turns off (to fix the issue where you push the comfort access button 2x to lock), enabled turn signals flashing on the speedometer.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:17 AM
Ultraviolet1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Richard M Nixon
I've been coding my F56 with the 55.4 PSZdata, no issues.

So far I have the mirrors fold in/out when I use the comfort access button (though I have to hold it for about a second for them to fold), removed warnings, disabled seatbelt chime/light, set A/C and auto start/stop engine to remember my settings, set the turn signal to flash 4x, mirrors point down when I go in reverse, doors unlock when engine turns off (to fix the issue where you push the comfort access button 2x to lock), enabled turn signals flashing on the speedometer.
This is fantastic news, RMN. You got yours about the same time I did (as you know)

My cable just came today, so I'm excited to try this tonight, and surprisingly most of the options you mentioned are the ones I'll be doing.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:12 PM
Ultraviolet1
3rd Gear
Confirmed that this all works! I was able to successfully code several options. I did have trouble getting a couple to work like the turn signals in the HUD. Richard, you got that working, right?

Old 06-17-2015, 01:32 PM
Richard M Nixon
2nd Gear
Yep it works for me. Some features were odd and it took a few hours to take effect. I'm not sure why.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:35 PM
Ultraviolet1
3rd Gear
Yep it works for me. Some features were odd and it took a few hours to take effect. I'm not sure why.
OK, I'll give it a try a little later and maybe verify that I set it properly. I was working through my list and may have missed that one. Thanks!

Old 06-18-2015, 06:43 AM
Ultraviolet1
3rd Gear
All the other options I coded seem to work great except for this one - did you use:
HU_NBT→3001→HUD_TURNSIGNAL→aktiv

Old 06-18-2015, 09:35 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Mini coding/programming

All the other options I coded seem to work great except for this one - did you use:
HU_NBT→3001→HUD_TURNSIGNAL→aktiv
I've never gotten this feature to work, and neither have F30 owners, to my knowledge. It doesn't seem supported in the F56, as far as I know.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:49 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Can you tell me what parameters you changed to get this working?

I tried several things when I first started coding and could never get it to work.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:00 AM
fatherfork
1st Gear
Confirmed that this all works! I was able to successfully code several options. I did have trouble getting a couple to work like the turn signals in the HUD. Richard, you got that working, right?
If your MCS is a manual, does it also rev match into 2nd gear?

Old 06-19-2015, 09:07 AM
Ultraviolet1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by fatherfork
If your MCS is a manual, does it also rev match into 2nd gear?
Nope, not a manual. I'm lazy

Old 06-22-2015, 09:37 AM
CooperB
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
Can you tell me what parameters you changed to get this working?

I tried several things when I first started coding and could never get it to work.
(Turn Signals in HUD)

Wondering as well. This is the single option I can't get working either. I've tried several times with different settings, never works for me either.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:10 AM
Ultraviolet1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by CooperB
(Turn Signals in HUD)

Wondering as well. This is the single option I can't get working either. I've tried several times with different settings, never works for me either.
+1 I still haven't gotten this working either.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:42 PM
Morty73
1st Gear
Need file links

Can someone PM me links to the psdzdata v2.54 file? I found the ESYS file, but cannot find a good link for the psdzdata file. Thanks!

Old 07-12-2015, 10:36 PM
BP-F56s
Neutral
My Buddy just did the jcw tuning kit(exhaust) we had done some programing on his 2014 S. once he got it back, all coding was lost and it looks like he is now locked up.. Just heads up if anyone out there is wanting to do the tuning kit but doesn't want to loose your coding abilities.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:45 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by BP-F56s
My Buddy just did the jcw tuning kit(exhaust) we had done some programing on his 2014 S. once he got it back, all coding was lost and it looks like he is now locked up.. Just heads up if anyone out there is wanting to do the tuning kit but doesn't want to loose your coding abilities.
Did you do the programming for the ECU tune? That will overwrite any coding since it updates all the ECUs and the newer versions of i-step needed for the re-tune require a different approach to re-code.

Make sure you have a copy of the latest PSdZData files, ESYS, and E-SYS launcher 2.0.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:59 AM
kattanah
1st Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
Did you do the programming for the ECU tune? That will overwrite any coding since it updates all the ECUs and the newer versions of i-step needed for the re-tune require a different approach to re-code.

Make sure you have a copy of the latest PSdZData files, ESYS, and E-SYS launcher 2.0.
I am new to coding and have just downloaded the PSdZData V2.51 Lite, ESYS and ESYS Launcher 1.0.

From your post, I understood that if I were to install the JCW tuning kit and wanted to code my F56, I would need to have the following files/apps:

1- Latest PSdZData (I believe V2.54). Lite of full?
2- The same ESYS app i have already downloaded
3- ESYS Pro Launcher 2.0 (which required purchasing tokens)

Would you please confirm my understanding and guide me on this ?

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Mini coding/programming