F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Mini coding/programming

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 02:19 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by GregoryK
Followed all your notes. In RR mode the voice is British without changing the Language settings....
Any thoughts on the "open doors on ignition off" settings?
Definitely yes. If you do this, the comfort access button needs only ONE press to lock all the doors. I got into coding mostly just I could do this lol

Old 11-05-2015, 02:26 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Yes I feel the same way but I only have the one option in the edit menu as I described above. I wonder if they have changed the coding on the 2016's?

Old 11-05-2015, 02:35 PM
patchmonkey
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by siriuszero
See answers above .
Actually, I forgot to mention that I discussed this in depth with ShawnSheridan over at BimmerFest.
  1. We don't have High Beam Superdupers, but we do have the Variable Light Distribution (if you have Enhanced LEDs). It should be possible to code in VLD since it gets decoded when leaving the UK.
  2. ARTTI & In-Car Wifi may be possible. The USA spec cars don't have the telemetrics/SIM/etc... yet. It's available as a part to be installed in USA spec cars and you can actually order it through a dealer; I'm actually wondering if the part is installed but not yet activated at the carrier.

Old 11-05-2015, 03:04 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Originally Posted by patchmonkey
Actually, I forgot to mention that I discussed this in depth with ShawnSheridan over at BimmerFest.
  1. We don't have High Beam Superdupers, but we do have the Variable Light Distribution (if you have Enhanced LEDs). It should be possible to code in VLD since it gets decoded when leaving the UK.
  2. ARTTI & In-Car Wifi may be possible. The USA spec cars don't have the telemetrics/SIM/etc... yet. It's available as a part to be installed in USA spec cars and you can actually order it through a dealer; I'm actually wondering if the part is installed but not yet activated at the carrier.
I think you have to buy it...
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=84_0959

Old 11-05-2015, 05:22 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Yes I feel the same way but I only have the one option in the edit menu as I described above. I wonder if they have changed the coding on the 2016's?
Oh sorry...I apparently didn't read your post through all the way and didn't see that you were having trouble coding it. I misunderstood your question...

I haven't seen that where you can't change from nicht_aktiv before, sorry.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:56 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
Oh sorry...I apparently didn't read your post through all the way and didn't see that you were having trouble coding it. I misunderstood your question...

I haven't seen that where you can't change from nicht_aktiv before, sorry.
Tried again with the same results. I think that maybe there is another switch that has to be altered. I tried a few but they did not change the "..PIA_AUTO_LOCK" options...
Do you think it matters which fields are checked in the "options" box in the idrive? Can't imagine...!

Old 11-05-2015, 06:16 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Tried again with the same results. I think that maybe there is another switch that has to be altered. I tried a few but they did not change the "..PIA_AUTO_LOCK" options...
Do you think it matters which fields are checked in the "options" box in the idrive? Can't imagine...!
!

Maybe! I seem to remember that the "lock while driving away" option has to be checked.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:55 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Found out what is going on. Emailed the expert in these matters. Here's his reply

"
The reason you're able this is because all of the cafd files are trimmed and the E-sys launcher remaps the descriptors referencing the old files. That parameter might have moved in this version of the software so the data is not mapping to the correct parameter.

I had the same issue on a 2016 X5 with the clm door unlock parameter. The only way to work around it is to inject an older cafd into your car where the option was mapped correctly. I don't recommend this as I'm not sure if this will cause issues when you get the car programmed at the dealer."

You think I need an updated data file when t come out for the 2016 models?

Old 11-06-2015, 07:04 AM
patchmonkey
1st Gear
I don't think we can really be sure unless someone wants to take apart their MINI and check...

I believe that 2016s have the new NBT-EVO, just like the newer BMWs. If so, this might be built-in but turned off. It wouldn't be impossible - I can kind of check once my car arrives...hopefully today.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:14 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
When I had my guy program my Sirius I had him check for a SIM card. There is no dial out possibility in the software that he could see. He thought it was not installed. Mines a 2016.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:20 AM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I set the recycled air memory...now it remember the recycling and it stays on until I change it.
Can you explain this one. I remember looking into it and being disappointed.

Is this the option you set?
IHKA Module
Always Remember AirRecirculating
3003-MEMORY UMLUFT/set to:aktiv

I don't have Auto Climate control, but I think there's only one IHKA. I was told it wouldn't keep the recirculate air on, but it does that for you? Let me know if it continues to work that way. It's getting cold here and the button is only lit for a few seconds, a very dangerous distraction.

There's another possible option in IHKA, if it is still there. Even the translation is undecipherable.

4BIT_WERT_2

Translated:
4BIT VALUE 2
comment * test coding for China UL, if not active, does not play automatically switched air recirculation on AUC.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:59 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
hammerhands. I used the 3003 setting. It has gone back to not remembering now. Big drag.
In my MCS 2014 every time they reprogrammed the car it would change. Initially it remembered it all the time, the it didn't then it did. So it must be possible.
What year is you car?

Old 11-06-2015, 08:37 AM
hammerhands
5th Gear
2014...no early 2015.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:46 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
So it should work on your car. Did you make sure you have a the latest software?

Old 11-06-2015, 08:21 PM
hammerhands
5th Gear
I haven't tried any coding. That is one thing I want done, but I want to know it actually works on my car without auto-climate control before I try it or have it done.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:06 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Found out what is going on. Emailed the expert in these matters. Here's his reply

"
The reason you're able this is because all of the cafd files are trimmed and the E-sys launcher remaps the descriptors referencing the old files. That parameter might have moved in this version of the software so the data is not mapping to the correct parameter.

I had the same issue on a 2016 X5 with the clm door unlock parameter. The only way to work around it is to inject an older cafd into your car where the option was mapped correctly. I don't recommend this as I'm not sure if this will cause issues when you get the car programmed at the dealer."

You think I need an updated data file when t come out for the 2016 models?
Was reading that you can download the latest CAFD and copy to your CAFD library folder (C:\Data\psdzdata\swe\cafd):

So I need the updated version for the 2016 BMW's.

Anyone know where to look?

Old 11-07-2015, 07:21 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Originally Posted by COkid
I hope this is the right place for this query. Feel free to redirect me if it isn't.

I have a 2016 Justa 2-door that I'm trying to code. I successfully downloaded Esys Launcher Premium (with TokenMaster) and PSdZData Lite v.55.4.

I can connect to my car; read & activate an FA; read the ECU; and find the 'green-checked' CAFD parameters. But, when I expand any of the parameters and click Read Coding Data, I always get a File for "cafd_****" not found [c012] error message.

Are 2016 BMWs 'locked out' of coding changes?
Do I need to install PSdZData v.56.4?

All help/tips appreciated.

~Alan

UPDATE: Problem solved with help from BimmerFest forum. The fix was easy -- update to version 56.5 of PSdZData. I coded my 2016 F56!
Sorry to be hogging this thread! Quick question? I have a 2016 also. Did you code "both doors to unlock on ignition off"? Can't get it to work and I believe that this is because the v.56.5 has some old CAFD files in it. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:31 AM
CooperB
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can not get this feature to work on my 2014 F56/S either. I've tried multiple times with no success. The auto door unlock all doors with engine off and turn signals in HUD are the 2 options I want but can't find a way to get them working.

I'm currently using PSDZ 56.1 and Esys 3.24.3

Old 11-07-2015, 08:57 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CooperB
I can not get this feature to work on my 2014 F56/S either. I've tried multiple times with no success. The auto door unlock all doors with engine off and turn signals in HUD are the 2 options I want but can't find a way to get them working.

Firstly I would load the latest 56.5.. Ryan posted the link.

The HUD in the Mini is small so turning that switch in the software will not work. Will on the BMW. On the JCW the tach overwrites the nav......that's how small it is. We need a master coder but I think you would have to move other stuff to get it to work. Have you looked into adding the tach? There is probably a way in the new software.

When you say you can't get the all doors to unlock....do you have that key in the software? Mine is locked.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:07 AM
LordWinslow
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CooperB

Wow, I just downloaded 55.1 earlier this week. I am glad they keep the files up to date.

Old 11-07-2015, 03:11 PM
LordWinslow
2nd Gear
Did some more coding this afternoon, here is what I did:

BDC:
Enable Illumination of Exterior Door Handle LEDs when in Reverse
3070  OVT_BEI_REUCKFAHRLICHT set to: aktiv
Turn on Brake Force Flashing with Hard Braking:
3068  ESS_AKTIVIERBARER_AUSGANG = bremsclicht blinkend
Change Triple-Blink Count to another Value:
3068  BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP – Werte = 5 (increased this to 6 blinks from the 5 I set earlier)

I did try to to play around with this setting again, but I still got the same results of the blinky AC button. Going to try to down load the complete files, all 35Gb+ of them (benefit of 150Mb/s internet at home) and see if I can get it to work right.
IHKA Module:
A/C System Remembers Last Setting
3003  MEMORY_OFF set to aktiv-werte=01

Old 11-08-2015, 08:07 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
LordWinslow - Just read this on the BMW forum. Not sure if it will make a difference to the A/C System Remembers Last Setting issue
"Test the car for the changed feature. Some features require 15 -30 minutes to get activated where as some are instant and few need you to switch off the and lock the car and unlock and start"
Maybe change the switches and wait for 20 minutes with the car locked and then check.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:55 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Also just discovered that there is a new version of all the software out.
E-Sys 3.271
E-Sys launcher premium 2.4.3
PSDZ data lite 3.57

Old 11-08-2015, 10:22 AM
LordWinslow
2nd Gear
LordWinslow - Just read this on the BMW forum. Not sure if it will make a difference to the A/C System Remembers Last Setting issue
"Test the car for the changed feature. Some features require 15 -30 minutes to get activated where as some are instant and few need you to switch off the and lock the car and unlock and start"
Maybe change the switches and wait for 20 minutes with the car locked and then check.
I will give it a shot again later today and report back. Also what is the forum your using on the BMW side? Would like to read up to see what they are doing over there. I looked over some of the BMW guide sheets and was curious on some things.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:08 PM
LordWinslow
2nd Gear
That seemed to work, no more blinky and it is working correctly. I also had to shut off this:
BDC:
Turn on Brake Force Flashing with Hard Braking:
3068  ESS_AKTIVIERBARER_AUSGANG = bremsclicht blinkend

I kept getting a headlight warning telling me the headlights were disabled, every time I braked slightly hard (as well as slamming on the brakes). I am glad however that the AC function is working correctly now. I am just waiting on my replacement switch panel from Germany so I can get the rear fogs working.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Mini coding/programming