F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Mini coding/programming

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 08:04 AM
ad78
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my first post here. i am a bmw guy and my current car is 3 GT M sport and heavily coded done by myself..

yesterday, we had a MCS 2016 and fully equipped and as im coding it, i noticed that the BDC_BODY on editing FDL values are all "." i dont see the naming.

so i upgraded my CAFD from 54.1 to 57.1 now and im still seeing this issue.

anyone can give me advise where to get the latest or working CAFD?

Old 12-03-2015, 08:35 AM
CooperB
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ad78
my first post here. i am a bmw guy and my current car is 3 GT M sport and heavily coded done by myself..

yesterday, we had a MCS 2016 and fully equipped and as im coding it, i noticed that the BDC_BODY on editing FDL values are all "." i dont see the naming.

You need E-Sys Launcher Pro or Premium by TokenMaster to code F5x vehicles. It corrects the "." by mapping the proper names/info from the CAFD files. A software update caused the CAFD files to be trimmed out so everyday folks could not code Fxx vehicles with e-sys. Lucky for us TokenMaster fixed it. I believe there is a link to it in this thread but I don't recall what page it's on.

Last edited by CooperB; 12-03-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:08 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
The issue is not caused by the CAFD files. The issue is with the car's software. Y0u have to choices to solve this:
1 - Wait for MINI to update your old software
2 - Flash the areas that you want to update with a later version - To do this you need the full data files (45 G's).

Old 12-03-2015, 11:32 AM
CooperB
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GregoryK
The issue is not caused by the CAFD files. The issue is with the car's software.
Not trying to start a debate, but are you sure? When my base software/firmware was updated at the dealer, by my request, I was not able to code until I got E-Sys Launcher. I could connect but every FDL I would read was empty until I got E-Sys Launcher and updated PSDZ files.

Pay no attention to me, GregoryK could be right, I just know what I know from my own trails and errors.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:48 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CooperB
Not trying to start a debate, but are you sure? When my base software/firmware was updated at the dealer, by my request, I was not able to code until I got E-Sys Launcher. I could connect but every FDL I would read was empty until I got E-Sys Launcher and updated PSDZ files.

Pay no attention to me, GregoryK could be right, I just know what I know from my own trails and errors.
You could be right too.
The reason that I said this was that I had read about the same problem over in the Bimmer Coding forum. I had assumed that he was using E-Sys Launcher. He knew the basic stuff and that he had picked the right car (F056) in the software. If he picked the wrong vehicle it could cause these problems too.
ad78 - What do you say?

Old 12-03-2015, 01:07 PM
ad78
1st Gear
I'm probably advanced doing this since I'm coding my BMW since 2008.
It might be the I-step I have but I'm sure. The car is so new

Also, yes F056 I choose. And even I switched to F020 I can still code the mini. I tried both and no luck.

I'm puzzled, I have 2015 3GT and no problems coding it.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:15 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
I remember reading something that Token Master had written about this issue on a BMW. I assume you can code in the other directories?

Old 12-03-2015, 02:27 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

You need the latest version of ESYS Launcher Pro. Check out Bimmerfest's coding forums.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:00 AM
pppdxx
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First coding experience, a summary

Hi all.

Wanted to provide my experience of coding the following values into a 2016 Mini Cooper 4-door Justa.

1. GPS Time

Instructions
In HU_NBT_EVO:

Under 3000 HMI, set CLOCK_CHANGE_AUTOMATIC and SETTINGS_TIME_AUTOMATIC to aktiv (default is nicht_active).

In KOMBI:

Under 3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration, set GPS_UHR to aktiv (default is nicht_active).

Once this is coded, if you go to the clock settings, you will be able to activate "automatic time setting". It may take a few minutes.

Experience

Worked flawlessly. Before I had to manually set the clock. I also noticed that the clock ran slow. Every week it seemed like the clock fell behind by 5-10 minutes. Well, with this option now set, it reflects the same exact time as my cell phone.

2. Comfortaccess Lock Delay

Instructions

May have a workaround for this.

Just spent some time in the car with cable connected. I was about to recode the BDC section of the car's ECU. Shawn at Bimmer told me how. Was a bit nervous even though the MINI ECU coding is way out of date (well on my 2016 anyway...)

So was looking and noticed a switch in the BDC called VAM_TIME_DISABLE_UNLOCK. I noticed it was set to 04 and thought that's how long we are all pushing the black button on our drivers doors before anything happens...so I changed it to 01. Now when I stop the passenger door remained locked and I push the drivers door lock button and it locks! Sometimes it's 2 pushes but that still works for me!

The good thing about this is that you may not want all your doors to open when you stop. Hope this is of some help.

Experience

Before when I turned off the engine and exited the car, I had to press the comfort access button once which unlocked all doors, wait three seconds, then press it again. Now the procedure is for me to exit the car, press once to unlock all doors, wait ZERO seconds, then press again to lock the doors. I haven't played around withe exiting the car, waiting one second then pressing and seeing if it locks all doors. Will try today.

3. Remove Legal Disclaimers

Instructions

3001 LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME = kein_ld
3001 MACRO_CAM_LEGALDISCLAIMER = kein_ld

Experience

Fantastic. Legal disclaimer screen is gone. Did not realize it before but this does save a lot of time. Makes the whole experience "snappier"

4. BMW i3 Theme and Gong

Instructions

In HU_NBT:
HMI_BRAND to i3
SOUND_SIGNAL_SET to i3

Experience

Kind of amazing. This is the most noticeable by far. All of the system sounds have been replaced by BMW i3 sounds. iDrive now looks exactly like the BMW i3 iDrive. A few caveats:

1. BMW i3 sounds took about a day to get used to. It is pleasant sounding, but I may switch to the BMW sounds and try that for a week.

2. iDrive no longer works with Mini Connected or Journeymate XL. However it does work with BMW Connected. Be warned that BMW Connected is not as updated as the Mini Software, but if you want the old school web radio back, this is one way to do it.

3. BMW i3 and BMW screens do not take into account the curved left and right boundaries of the MINI iDrive screen. It hasn't been an issue thus far. I can see everything that I want to see. The bonus here is that the map and text graphics are now bigger, and in my honest opinion, sharper as well.

4. In the screens that shows a drawing of a car (for example, TPMS, EcoPro, Driving Modes) it doesn't show a car at all. I wonder if there is another flag that needs to be coded to bring in a picture of a BMW i3?

5. The scroll wheel is now opposite. To move up the menu it is counter-clockwise whereas on MINI it is clockwise. To zoom the map in it is now counter-clockwise as well.

6. If I change my mind I can always reprogram and switch it back to MINI graphics. I may try out BMW or RR just for SnGiggles.

Old 12-07-2015, 07:13 AM
ad78
1st Gear
just an update guys, i finally figure it out how on error on BDC_BODY

i reinstalled on my new surface pro 4. i guess the trick is choose both when starting up e-sys premium and select F056 then target car is F056 also. no need for e-sys pro.

im using e-sys 3.27.1 and CAFD 57.1 lite

now coding all the waaaayyyyy!!!! :D

Old 12-07-2015, 01:00 PM
ad78
1st Gear
i have no luck on my 3 GT to turn the fog by default together with the angel eyes. as im hoping you guys can code it to the F56?

ill try if i can code rain sensing. automatically close window if the rain comes

Old 01-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Tikigod
3rd Gear
Thanks for this! - got my cable yesterday - managed to code a few things, no more legal disclaimer (drove us nuts), mirrors will folder up when I hold the lock on the key fob (love this!), and set time by GPS.

Next up - enabling the JCW tach in the HUD

Old 01-01-2016, 01:58 PM
ad78
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Tikigod
Thanks for this! - got my cable yesterday - managed to code a few things, no more legal disclaimer (drove us nuts), mirrors will folder up when I hold the lock on the key fob (love this!), and set time by GPS. Next up - enabling the JCW tach in the HUD
Mine no needed to hold the key fob. Rapid push on the keyfob lock will fold the mirror.

That black dot in the door handle needs to hold at least 2secs if you want to fold the mirror when locking

Old 01-01-2016, 02:19 PM
Tikigod
3rd Gear
Mine no needed to hold the key fob. Rapid push on the keyfob lock will fold the mirror.

That black dot in the door handle needs to hold at least 2secs if you want to fold the mirror when locking
I'm glad I have to hold mine, in the event we have ice build-up from parking outside - I kinda like the option to not fold the mirrors until I have a chance to clear the snow/ice away. Either way its great !

Old 01-03-2016, 04:24 PM
emulajavi
1st Gear
For those of you that have:
- PDC
- Rear View Cam

And have coded "video in motion"

If, while driving, you press the PDC button that is located to the far left of the Start Engine button....

Does the rear camera image appear while driving?

Thank you!

Old 01-04-2016, 10:34 AM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Originally Posted by emulajavi
For those of you that have:
- PDC
- Rear View Cam

And have coded "video in motion"

If, while driving, you press the PDC button that is located to the far left of the Start Engine button....

Does the rear camera image appear while driving?

Thank you!
It's a separate setting, but it is doable. There's a parameter you can change that tells the rear view camera to turn off when it hits a certain speed or distance. When I did it, I don't remember if you could turn on the PDC/rear cam when in motion, but the PDC/camera wouldn't turn off once I started going unless I manually switched it off. This was annoying for me, so I coded back to default.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:53 PM
emulajavi
1st Gear
Thank you Sirius. I'll explain better my situation.

At this moment I have Rear Camera and I think I have "video in motion activated" (I don't know if video in motion is related to the the ability to view the cam while driving or not)

I don't have the Switch for PDC in the center console because I only have rear PDC so the cam only turns on when I put the auto transmissions in R, and it turns off when I start moving forward for 5 meters or so.

If I installed the switch (which seems to only cost like $30)... Will I be able while driving to press it and get live video from the cam since I have "video in motion" activated? Will one press activate it, and a second press de-activate it?

Thanks

Ps: maybe the "video in motion" I have activated doesn't have anything to do with the cam and is related to video playing from USB or something else... I don't know...

Old 01-07-2016, 10:03 AM
Germarican
2nd Gear
Pm

Ordered my e-sys cable a few days ago. Could someone point me to the correct software required for basic coding, as well as a beginner guide to setting up the software for a 2015 f56S with HUD but lacking nav. I would like to turn on the JCW functions in the HUD, as well as the M menu. I have the boost radio with h/k stereo, but lack Navigation. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:38 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Originally Posted by emulajavi
Thank you Sirius. I'll explain better my situation.

At this moment I have Rear Camera and I think I have "video in motion activated" (I don't know if video in motion is related to the the ability to view the cam while driving or not)

I don't have the Switch for PDC in the center console because I only have rear PDC so the cam only turns on when I put the auto transmissions in R, and it turns off when I start moving forward for 5 meters or so.

If I installed the switch (which seems to only cost like $30)... Will I be able while driving to press it and get live video from the cam since I have "video in motion" activated? Will one press activate it, and a second press de-activate it?

Thanks

Ps: maybe the "video in motion" I have activated doesn't have anything to do with the cam and is related to video playing from USB or something else... I don't know...
Yes, "video in motion" refers to the ability to play video files from the USB port while the car is in motion (ie: parking brake off, not in Park)

I don't know if it's possible to add the PDC switch to turn the camera on/off without park assist.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:43 AM
CooperB
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Germarican
Ordered my e-sys cable a few days ago. Could someone point me to the correct software required for basic coding, as well as a beginner guide to setting up the software for a 2015 f56S with HUD but lacking nav. I would like to turn on the JCW functions in the HUD, as well as the M menu. I have the boost radio with h/k stereo, but lack Navigation. Thanks in advance.
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post4134917

and

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post4146147

Old 01-16-2016, 02:54 PM
Germarican
2nd Gear
Multiple Codes at Once

Is it possible to change multiple values at once, before coding? I have a bunch of changes I would like to make, but writing after each, individual change would take a long time. Any detailed clarification and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Germarican
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LordWinslow
Finally got my new light switch panel this afternoon. Got it installed and now I have working rear fog lights. YAY! Drove around a bit in the rain to make sure I didn't throw any codes or have other issues, but they work. Will do a full write up soon.

Which part number did you order?

Old 01-16-2016, 03:26 PM
vetsvette
Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
looks like 61319301806

Old 01-16-2016, 03:28 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Germarican
Is it possible to change multiple values at once, before coding? I have a bunch of changes I would like to make, but writing after each, individual change would take a long time. Any detailed clarification and tips would be greatly appreciated.
Absolutely. Open your module, make all your changes, save your changes, then code. With ESYS you can make changes to multiple modules then code them all at once, but I usually only do one module at a time to play it safe.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:49 PM
Germarican
2nd Gear
Thanks for the info. I will be tackling some of my coding tomorrow. New light switch will be ordered next week.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Mini coding/programming