F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Mini coding/programming

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Gambedegallina
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
It's not music streaming I'm after, it's the Bluetooth recognition of phone based voice control e.g. Siri for the iPhone.

This works in my R56 with base radio, but not F56 with base radio (and, yes, HK speakers).

This frustration is reported by others on this site and also on BMW sites.

Thanks

Old 06-05-2016, 06:58 PM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I thought you could code in bluetooth streaming.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:58 AM
eastport_mini
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can you Code in the full functioning Office if you have the base Connected?
I have Bluetooth streaming and Calendar but no email or text notifications.
Mine is an 2015 F56 with the base Connected with Nav. Nothing in the console for the snap in adapter either.

Old 06-06-2016, 03:13 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by eastport_mini
Can you Code in the full functioning Office if you have the base Connected?
I have Bluetooth streaming and Calendar but no email or text notifications.
Mine is an 2015 F56 with the base Connected with Nav. Nothing in the console for the snap in adapter either.
If you have a 15 with Connected, you already have enhanced BT, which includes Office, but notification support is also dependent on what kind of phone you have. iPhones do not support email notifications at all and text notifications seem to be hit or miss (seems to work fine for most, but some people just can't seem to get it working). Most Android phones will work for both email and text notifications and I'm not sure how Windows Phones fare.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:00 PM
eastport_mini
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
But my IPhone worked fine in my 2012 Countryman that I traded in for the 2015 hatchback.
I had connected with Nav in my Countryman.
Office included email and text alerts.
Seems to be a base connected downgrade in the f56 platform.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:02 AM
walk0080
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
---

Last edited by walk0080; 06-05-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:52 PM
toyopet
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gregoryk
i drive a standard. It has a feature that stops the engine stalling. It causes the engine to rev up on its own while engaging the clutch.
Anyone seen a software switch to defeat this.....it is my#1 complaint. I find it really annoying.
+1

Old 06-23-2016, 01:20 PM
COkid
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add parking lights to DRL

I've successfully coded several changes to my 2016 Justa and I'm looking for another tweak...

Does anyone know if the parking lights (upper part of the round, foglight assembly below the front bumper) can be coded to come on with the LED 'horseshoe' DRLs? If so, which module/parameter should be changed?

Thanks,
Alan

Old 06-23-2016, 01:44 PM
GDGR
3rd Gear
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Coding experts:

I'm a software guy and a BMW guy, but never done any of this coding myself.

I am 3 months into ownership of my '16 Clubman S, F54. Over on the Clubman forum, there is a lot of discussion about the F54 brake lights. The strange thing about this car is the way the rear brake lights work -- they are in the bumper, not in the huge light housing on the rear barn doors (which houses running lights and turn signals).

I'm wondering if there might be a way to code the lighting so that the turn signal bulbs that are up in the doors can work as brake lights. Either sharing turn signal duties, or swapping by using the bumper lights as turn signals.

What would it take to figure out what sort of coding is possible, if any, for the rear light behavior on an F54?

I'm thinking maybe I could talk one of you who is experienced into looking into it, rather than me buying everything necessary to do it myself?

Old 06-23-2016, 02:16 PM
hp79
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GDGR
Coding experts:

I am 3 months into ownership of my '16 Clubman S, F54. Over on the Clubman forum, there is a lot of discussion about the F54 brake lights. The strange thing about this car is the way the rear brake lights work -- they are in the bumper, not in the huge light housing on the rear barn doors (which houses running lights and turn signals).

I'm wondering if there might be a way to code the lighting so that the turn signal bulbs that are up in the doors can work as brake lights. Either sharing turn signal duties, or swapping by using the bumper lights as turn signals.

What would it take to figure out what sort of coding is possible, if any, for the rear light behavior on an F54?

I'm thinking maybe I could talk one of you who is experienced into looking into it, rather than me buying everything necessary to do it myself?
Coding here is more like changing the argument values or the parameter and nothing more. The car might be using those or might not at all. You have to dig in to each submenu and some nodes will have a cryptic description (in German) while some don't. If you think it's something you want to change you can try changing the value, but some times it doesn't do anything as it's just a dead parameter that never gets used. Also, it drains a lot of battery from the car so it's not a good idea to keep it in programming mode for more than let's say 15 minutes without the engine on. I usually do it with engine off.
I tried changing the LED headlight voltage to a lower value and it didn't change anything. I tried telling the system that my tail light bulbs are LED and put a non-canbus (no extra resistors) LED bulb but it still didn't take it and threw error messages such as check bulb or something like that.

Experiment and report the results back

Old 06-23-2016, 02:33 PM
Ryan@HelixMS
Neutral
Originally Posted by GDGR
Coding experts:

I doubt that is possible via coding but you may be able to swap the pinout at the BDC module so the lighting behaves as you like.

You'll have to be careful and make sure the lighting behaves correctly.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:39 PM
Ryan@HelixMS
Neutral
Originally Posted by COkid
I've successfully coded several changes to my 2016 Justa and I'm looking for another tweak...

Does anyone know if the parking lights (upper part of the round, foglight assembly below the front bumper) can be coded to come on with the LED 'horseshoe' DRLs? If so, which module/parameter should be changed?

Thanks,
Alan
It may be possible. Tagfahrlicht means daytime running light in German.

The values to change will contain part of that phrase so look for those values.

For example, these are the lines to turn on the taillights as DRL:
MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_H_L_OUTPUT = sl_l
MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_H_R_OUTPUT = sl_r
MAPPING_TAGAHRL_H2_L_OUTPUT = sl_2_l
MAPPING_TAGAHRL_H2_R_OUTPUT = sl_2_r

Front fog light in German is Nebelscheinwerfer. It's often abbreviated as NSW. So look for values containing NSW and some form of Tagfahrlicht.

If that fixture your referring to is considered a "City Light" it may be under SL, for stadtlicht.

All lighting functions are contained in the BDC module.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:45 PM
Ryan@HelixMS
Neutral
Originally Posted by Gambedegallina
Sorry if I missed the "ultimate conclusion " on this question when I scanned this great thread.

Have a 2016 F56 with HK radio, base Bluetooth, no Nav, etc. Like others, I am cheesed that BMW chose to eliminate use of Siri and similar voice phone controls in this model.

I have seen the discussion of activating Bluetooth music streaming with this configuration but unsure if I saw the answer to whether coding can enable the phone voice control such as Siri. Thanks!

Note, if it's codeable, I will be having a serious discussion with Mini and the dealer.
I have not tried this on F5x Mini Coopers yet but I enable this feature on BMWs all the time under the HU module, either HU_NBT or HU_CIC.

The value is CE_DEVICE_SPEECH_RECOGNITION

Old 06-24-2016, 12:37 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
So my car had to go in for an issue with my headunit (would reset every 2 minutes) and ended up getting programmed, so now that I have a more current version of software, I tried coding the JCW Sport Displays again and - SUCCESS!

Very cool feature!

To code it yourself, you need a software version around F056-15-03-XXX or later (mine is now the current F056-16-07-501) and HUD.

6 Parameters to change:
HU_NBT
HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE
HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE
HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE
Change all to aktiv

KOMBI
HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE
Change all to aktiv

Go into Head Up Display settings, then Displayed Information, and turn on Sport Display

Old 07-03-2016, 02:53 PM
Tack425
1st Gear
Anyone have any leads on remote coding services? 2012 MCS, looking to have some coding done. Thank you in advance

Old 07-09-2016, 04:21 PM
Tikigod
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
So my car had to go in for an issue with my headunit (would reset every 2 minutes) and ended up getting programmed, so now that I have a more current version of software, I tried coding the JCW Sport Displays again and - SUCCESS!

Very cool feature!

To code it yourself, you need a software version around F056-15-03-XXX or later (mine is now the current F056-16-07-501) and HUD.

6 Parameters to change:
HU_NBT
HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE
Change all to aktiv

KOMBI
HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE
Change all to aktiv

Go into Head Up Display settings, then Displayed Information, and turn on Sport Display

Wow! Thanks for this Gave it a try this morning and worked perfectly! Test drove a JCW while waiting for my S to come in and it had this - knew I wouldn't have it when my finally arrived but glad to finally have it!

Old 07-10-2016, 12:25 AM
sootyvrs
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool feature!

6 Parameters to change:
HU_NBT
HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE
Change all to aktiv

KOMBI
HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE
Change all to aktiv

Thanks for the info..

Not done any coding before but was hoping that the MCS HUD could get the Sports Display of the JCW so will certainly look into doing this...

Can I ask on a manual transmission car if you can only get the rev counter or can the shift lights also be selected?

In the user manual it does say the shift lights only work for auto cars?

Old 07-11-2016, 04:03 PM
MarcoPolo
5th Gear
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by hammerhands
I thought you could code in bluetooth streaming.
with the base radio option, you lose on the COMBOX unit, which is what enabled bluetooth streaming. to get that you need to 1) buy a combox unit and then 2) VO code in 6NS...you should then get the option to enable bluetooth streaming as well as the voice activation.

previously the combox was included in most cars, which was why it was simply enabling it that just needed to be done.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:21 PM
AlphaQuad
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool feature!

6 Parameters to change:
HU_NBT
HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE
Change all to aktiv

KOMBI
HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE
Change all to aktiv

Hi siriuszero? Is your car a manual or automatic? and if manual do you get the gear change selector and gear indicators?
Thanks!!!

Old 07-11-2016, 04:46 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AlphaQuad
Hi siriuszero? Is your car a manual or automatic? and if manual do you get the gear change selector and gear indicators?
Thanks!!!
Mine has the sport automatic - I'm not sure if the sport displays work on a manual as the menus it adds seems to suggest you need to be able to shift into D or M/S mode for it to activate.

Maybe a manual equipped F56 could try?

Old 07-18-2016, 05:21 PM
MarcoPolo
5th Gear
Just gonna leave this here....

Old 07-18-2016, 05:30 PM
hp79
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MarcoPolo
with the base radio option, you lose on the COMBOX unit, which is what enabled bluetooth streaming. to get that you need to 1) buy a combox unit and then 2) VO code in 6NS...you should then get the option to enable bluetooth streaming as well as the voice activation.

previously the combox was included in most cars, which was why it was simply enabling it that just needed to be done.
I have a 2015 F56 with base radio, built September 2014. Does this mean I might have a COMBOX already inside and all I need is to add the VO - 6NS by coding? If that's the case, would I be able to select something like Bluetooth stream from the audio sources? I thought that the menu itself does not exist in the user interface of the base radio. I'm currently using USB flash drive for playing music.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:32 PM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sport on by default? Where's that code hidden?

Old 07-18-2016, 05:36 PM
MarcoPolo
5th Gear
Originally Posted by hp79
I have a 2015 F56 with base radio, built September 2014. Does this mean I might have a COMBOX already inside and all I need is to add the VO - 6NS by coding? If that's the case, would I be able to select something like Bluetooth stream from the audio sources? I thought that the menu itself does not exist in the user interface of the base radio. I'm currently using USB flash drive for playing music.
no. quite the opposite. by having a base radio, we lost the combox, which is what's needed to support enhanced bluetooth.

i'm trying to find a cheap combox to test this out.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:47 PM
hp79
4th Gear
no. quite the opposite. by having a base radio, we lost the combox, which is what's needed to support enhanced bluetooth.

i'm trying to find a cheap combox to test this out.
Oh.. I see. When you mentioned "previously", I thought you were referring to 2014/2015 models where they came with the hidden glovebox. Okay, I'm not going to go far as replacing hardware.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Mini coding/programming