F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Ordering on Saturday and need advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 12:01 PM
noladude70001
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering on Saturday and need advice

I am a long time lurker but first time poster so please be kind. I plan to pull the trigger on special ordering a new MCS F56 this weekend to join the community. This will be my first MCS and I have gone through countless builds in the past several weeks, but think it is narrowed down to the build below.

• BRG II Body Color
• Black Roof/Mirrors
• 6-Speed Getrag Manual
• Premium Package (sunroof, HK system, comfort, storage)
• Media Package (connected, enhanced BT, armrest)
• 17" Black Cosmos Spoke
• Rear Park Distance Control

Need advice on preferred options. What do you feel is necessary or a waste of money? I am planning to add after-market mods (black out the chrome and add non-factory hood stripes) over the coming months (I will post progress pics), so it looks to be a basic build. I really don’t have a need or desire for NAV, so that is why I did not opt for the fully loaded package. I also have pre-negotiated a price of $1,500 off of my build MSRP plus the $1,000 factory money incentive which starts on April 15 from my local dealer. That seems like the best deal that I can get in emailing around to 7 dealers within 500 miles of me. So what do you guys/gals think good build and deal?

Old 04-16-2016, 10:38 AM
Lucila
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by noladude70001
I am a long time lurker but first time poster so please be kind. I plan to pull the trigger on special ordering a new MCS F56 this weekend to join the community. This will be my first MCS and I have gone through countless builds in the past several weeks, but think it is narrowed down to the build below.

• BRG II Body Color
• Black Roof/Mirrors
• 6-Speed Getrag Manual
• Premium Package (sunroof, HK system, comfort, storage)
• Media Package (connected, enhanced BT, armrest)
• 17" Black Cosmos Spoke
• Rear Park Distance Control

Need advice on preferred options. What do you feel is necessary or a waste of money? I am planning to add after-market mods (black out the chrome and add non-factory hood stripes) over the coming months (I will post progress pics), so it looks to be a basic build. I really don’t have a need or desire for NAV, so that is why I did not opt for the fully loaded package. I also have pre-negotiated a price of $1,500 off of my build MSRP plus the $1,000 factory money incentive which starts on April 15 from my local dealer. That seems like the best deal that I can get in emailing around to 7 dealers within 500 miles of me. So what do you guys/gals think good build and deal?

Looks good to me! One thing I wish I had that I don't are the power fold mirrors. I have the heated seats but wish I had the whole cold weather package. I love the heated seats, nice and warm without having to breath warm air from the heater. I'll often keep my windows down because I enjoy crisp air, but the seats keep my bum toasty.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:36 PM
Mini3333
5th Gear
The sunroof is nice....you will enjoy it...both of my MINIs have had one.

Old 04-16-2016, 01:09 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 373 Likes on 314 Posts
Only thing better than a sun roof is no roof. Topless motoring is motoring at its best. It's not too late and those options transfer over.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:27 PM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
Build looks great.....glad to see a 6MT fan! This may not go well with the wind in your hair folks, but if you really like stripes I would get a solid roof! Absolutely the best way to go if you plan body stripes. I'm not a fan of sunroofs though to be honest.....no malfunction issues & solid hartops don't leak....ever! ;-)

Whatever you decide, enjoy it to the fullest!

Old 04-16-2016, 06:31 PM
Selshan
2nd Gear
Honestly, if you're going with any form of the Connected/Wired package that comes with Navigation, the Heads-Up Display is fantastic. Speed, navigation info as well as song control can be displayed there, which keeps your eyes pointed towards the road, instead of down towards the center stack. I love it, and it's only a $500 option, which imo, is totally worth it.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:04 PM
Quentin
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Will you get the $1000 incentive if you take delivery outside of the April 15-24 window? That is a factory incentive, so I'd imagine that the stipulation from the OEM is that delivery within that window. My dealership says that I'll get any factory incentive on top of my negotiated price. Hopefully they still have something running in May/June when it gets here.

I'm not sure about your plan for the vehicle, but we've had our R53 for 11 years. My wife spec'd her's pretty light when she ordered it and that seems to have paid dividends. Everything on the car still works. No broken headlight washers, no out of date navigation system, no broken auto-folding mirrors. The new Clubman that we ordered 3 weeks ago has been pretty light on "fluff" and I think that will help us remain satisfied with the car long term. We skipped out on the auto-turning LED headlights for the more traditional reflectors. We skipped on the navigation because we use our always-up-to-date phones instead. Anyway, what I did isn't necessarily what you should do. Think about how long you plan on owning it and what will give you long term satisfaction with the car.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:25 PM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Quentin
Will you get the $1000 incentive if you take delivery outside of the April 15-24 window? That is a factory incentive, so I'd imagine that the stipulation from the OEM is that delivery within that window. My dealership says that I'll get any factory incentive on top of my negotiated price. Hopefully they still have something running in May/June when it gets here.

I'm not sure about your plan for the vehicle, but we've had our R53 for 11 years. My wife spec'd her's pretty light when she ordered it and that seems to have paid dividends. Everything on the car still works. No broken headlight washers, no out of date navigation system, no broken auto-folding mirrors. The new Clubman that we ordered 3 weeks ago has been pretty light on "fluff" and I think that will help us remain satisfied with the car long term. We skipped out on the auto-turning LED headlights for the more traditional reflectors. We skipped on the navigation because we use our always-up-to-date phones instead. Anyway, what I did isn't necessarily what you should do. Think about how long you plan on owning it and what will give you long term satisfaction with the car.
Good advice!!......if you can refrain as a buyer from all the "goodies" you can still have a fantastic car that will serve you well and not be out of date technologically when you sell it! You will have more money in your pocket too boot!

Old 04-16-2016, 08:39 PM
vetsvette
Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
IMO two must haves are the LED head/fog lights and the HK sound.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:46 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
According to the ol' clock on the wall, the deed has been done or is about to be done - an hour or so left. Now the wait begins and as we all know; without pictures, it never happened!

Old 04-17-2016, 06:26 AM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Knowing that we would be keeping our R53 past the warranty, we kept the gobbledygook off the factory spec. After warranty repairs on factory options will most definately lighten the wallet as noted by comments on numerous forums. We did however add numerous low maintenance aftermarket mods and additions of which the 22mm rear swaybar has provided the most fun. Keep the sunroof cassette lubed, clean and drains clear and it will, as we have experienced, increase the motoring grin factor. Good luck!

Last edited by buzzsaw; 04-17-2016 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:21 PM
Mini3333
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Fly'n Brick
Only thing better than a sun roof is no roof. Topless motoring is motoring at its best. It's not too late and those options transfer over.
Hey Fly'n Brick...you're my friend, but I live in Wisconsin...a topless MINI will not work for me. I've had my sunroof open all weekend!
(a view from my balcony)

Old 04-17-2016, 03:56 PM
camptown
2nd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
not certain if you placed your order yet or not, but my two cents.

as mentioned above the LED headlights for me are a must have.
Also nice to have is the auto dimming mirrors since every other car on the road is higher than a MINI.

And double check the $1,000 factory incentive, usually factory incentives are tied to your delivery date, not your order date.

So what did you order?

Old 04-17-2016, 04:29 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mini_wisconsin
Hey Fly'n Brick...you're my friend, but I live in Wisconsin...a topless MINI will not work for me. I've had my sunroof open all weekend!
My copilot's CM has the sun roof. I've driven it a time or two or when she tells me her fuel gauge went 'ding' (she hates fuel pumps) so I always run the sun roof back with great anticipation and am always disappointed. We started to get some rain recently and I had to get out the owner's manual to find out how to run up the canvas.

[mostly tongue in cheek but us hard core topless types have to get in our 2¢.]
You may not be aware, but there is a pi$$ing contest thread somewhere in MINI forum land covering lowest temps for topless motoring. 24° and holding here. Wisconsin's got nuttin on us. Can friends sit back with a good beer and discuss it and other points of interest? You betcha!

Please forgive the hijack, OP, couldn't resist.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:55 AM
noladude70001
1st Gear
I don't know how the dealer is pulling it off, but when I ordered this Saturday they said the $1K factory money would be applied. I am really indifferent as my deal with the factory money was for $2,500 off of my MSRP. That is the deal I signed, and it is up to them to make the money work. Now the long wait begins!

Old 04-18-2016, 07:01 AM
noladude70001
1st Gear
Thanks for all of the comments. Here is my final build. And yes the dealer honored the $1K factory money and gave me a total of $2,500 off of my build MSRP with no questions asked.

• B22 British Racing Green II Body Color
• Packages
• ZFL Fully Loaded Package
• 5A4 LED Headlights with Cornering Lights
• 2F2 17" Black Cosmos Spoke
• NOSTRIPES
• No Stripes
• Options
• 325 Rear Spoiler
• 383 Black Roof/Mirrors
• 4C0 Satellite Grey Door Panel
• 507 Rear Park Distance Control
• 5A1 LED Front Fog Lights

I ended up getting the NAV for an additional $700 with the bigger screen. Oh well you only live once.

Any recent car buyers out there, how long did it take for your car to show up on the Mini Owners Lounge and be built from order date. My dealer says 6-8 weeks (I live in New Orleans, LA). I want to believe him but have seen several posts where it has taken up to 12 weeks to get a new build to the states. Also anybody out there know what build numbers are being built currently? Looking forward to waving to/meeting all of my fellow mini drivers in the coming years.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:24 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
Once they start building it you'll get it in maybe 6 weeks. Dealers have to wait in line sometimes until their "allotment" allows their ordered cars to be produced. I like your build and $2500 off is a good deal IMO. I paid list for my first one, and got about $2000 off (mostly dealer installed junk) my JCW.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:37 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Did you sign in to the 'lounge' so you can watch the progress?

Old 04-18-2016, 07:43 AM
noladude70001
1st Gear
I have tried, but since I just ordered on Saturday it does not recognize my build number yet. I am sure it will update in a few days.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:11 PM
Quentin
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for all of the comments. Here is my final build. And yes the dealer honored the $1K factory money and gave me a total of $2,500 off of my build MSRP with no questions asked.

• B22 British Racing Green II Body Color
• Packages
• ZFL Fully Loaded Package
• 5A4 LED Headlights with Cornering Lights
• 2F2 17" Black Cosmos Spoke
• NOSTRIPES
• No Stripes
• Options
• 325 Rear Spoiler
• 383 Black Roof/Mirrors
• 4C0 Satellite Grey Door Panel
• 507 Rear Park Distance Control
• 5A1 LED Front Fog Lights

I ended up getting the NAV for an additional $700 with the bigger screen. Oh well you only live once.

Any recent car buyers out there, how long did it take for your car to show up on the Mini Owners Lounge and be built from order date. My dealer says 6-8 weeks (I live in New Orleans, LA). I want to believe him but have seen several posts where it has taken up to 12 weeks to get a new build to the states. Also anybody out there know what build numbers are being built currently? Looking forward to waving to/meeting all of my fellow mini drivers in the coming years.
It took almost 10 days to show up in the owner's lounge after getting the build number from my dealer. I logged in yesterday and it was awaiting shipment. The order went in exactly 3 weeks ago. Early next week you should see it in the system. I've read that the lounge updates once per week.

Old 04-19-2016, 04:34 AM
noladude70001
1st Gear
Thanks Quentin. I will post updates once my build hits the website. The wait is going to be unbearable!

Old 04-21-2016, 06:36 AM
Kanf
1st Gear
Thanks Quentin. I will post updates once my build hits the website. The wait is going to be unbearable!
Hey, my order is in as well. Where is the website so I can watch mine too?

Old 04-21-2016, 06:44 AM
noladude70001
1st Gear
If you go to the miniusa.com website and click owners you will be taken to an area where you can register as an owner. Just make sure you click that you have not received your car yet and a box will appear for you to put in your build number. I ordered on Saturday and I was not allowed to register my build until this morning, so it may take a few days. Once there you can see your production status and your VIN number.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:07 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
You can also discover that you've become obsessive.......

Old 04-21-2016, 09:37 PM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear
Led lights. Maybe alarm. Your other options are spot on.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Ordering on Saturday and need advice