F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Is a Video Your Service the New Norm

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 02:22 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Is a Video Your Service the New Norm

Just had an oil change and was emailed a link to a video of under the car telling everything is in perfect shape. Never had this before. It's a cool thing because it is completely documented. Anyone else have this done?

Old 10-21-2016, 03:44 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 373 Likes on 314 Posts
That is impressive. Wouldn't it be nice if that caught on everywhere. I still like my guy test driving after every shop visit. If he can't then two techs have to take it out. A walk thru video would icing on the cake.

Old 10-22-2016, 03:45 AM
clayvt
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would be handy. On a slightly related note, I mailed my carburetor to an old ****** jeep carb guy in SC to fix a vacuum leak somewhere in it. He completely tore it down, replaced the throttle shaft and a few other things. But before he mailed it back he put it on his jeep and ran tests to make sure it was running properly and sent me a YouTube link of it running on his ******. Pretty cool I thought.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:33 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts
I have not experienced that, but certainly is a great idea. Many owners have never seen the undercarriage of their cars. Sounds like your dealership is going above and beyond in the service arena. Hope this procedure catches on across the country w/ all Mini (and BMW dealerships).

If you think about it, it's so easy to do w/ today's tech and would likely take less than a minute to record.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:35 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Thing with this is that it is uploaded to the main MINI US site and you watch it there. I find that interesting because I'm in Canada.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:52 AM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
I think it should be a requirement to provide owners with a video of their car being serviced! Typically dealers won't even let owners in the garage area...they say it's an insurance requirement! It's really because they don't want owners to witness any screw ups! Ok, maybe that's a bit harsh but admit it that we've all thought of this on occasion, and screw ups absolutely do happen! One reason I take my new JCW to my independent BMW certified mechanic is I go into the garage & stay with my car & when I have to leave it I know it will be properly cared for.