F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 JCW Pro Exhaust not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 05:51 AM
Recneps
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JCW Pro Exhaust not working

Hi everyone, I would really appreciate some help with this (I've looked at other threads and they don't seem to help with my issue)

I just bought a Pro Exhaust and have had it fitted to my MCS and wired up to the 12v socket in the boot. When I plug the loom into the module, the red light on the module comes on for a few seconds and then goes out. If I double press the remote it flashes once or twice after a few seconds and nothing happens. If I plug the connector into the module and press the pair button and then quickly press the remote twice it opens for a split second but then closes as soon as the red light on the module goes out. I have asked someone else that has the exhaust to look at theirs and they said the red light on the module is constantly on for them.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the module to stay on?

Thanks

Spencer

Old 05-11-2020, 10:24 AM
J_L
5th Gear
Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
It might be bluetooth interference. There are a couple threads covering this in detail, try there first.

Old 05-11-2020, 11:01 AM
curlywurly
2nd Gear
Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Recneps
wired up to the 12v socket in the boot. When I plug the loom into the module,
You are troubleshooting the electric loom install you did yourself? Thread on this site includes the PDF full install guide. Id go thro step by step double checking (URL below). Keep on the DIY path you started on

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...wtuningkit.pdf

*Ignore all the activation code pages as this relates to the cooper S tune/non relevant bits to JUST the exhaust element and the 'official mini' one pager that says it was installed by mini, and you pinky swear not to use the track mode on nornal roads

Last edited by curlywurly; 05-11-2020 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:37 PM
Recneps
Neutral
Thanks, all sorted now though. Just had to connect the two wires that would usually go to a fuse each in the fuse board to the single live wire on the 12v socket. Wiring it up like this in the future would take less than an hour in the future, definitely the way to go.

Old 04-16-2024, 01:03 PM
IlMaxx
Neutral
Same issues

Originally Posted by Recneps
Thanks, all sorted now though. Just had to connect the two wires that would usually go to a fuse each in the fuse board to the single live wire on the 12v socket. Wiring it up like this in the future would take less than an hour in the future, definitely the way to go.
Hi everyone, sorry if I reopen after some time but I have the same problem as you with the same connection to the 12V cigarette lighter. After a few moments the receiver dies and I am unable to pair. Could you explain better how you solved it? Thank you