F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 My recent experience with ECS Tuning....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 06:09 PM
jpsjr1970
3rd Gear
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts
My recent experience with ECS Tuning....

So as a loyal ECS Tuning customer I went out of my way to support them as their pricing was pretty decent and their attention to detail was also decent. Well my last few purchases have been absolutely horrible along with horrendous customer service skills. If you running an outfit that is throwing sales at us 24/7 then get your crap together and do things right! My last three $2k orders have sat on the shelf for 2+ weeks before it even walked down the aisle to either UPS or FedEx Trucks! Really? Wtf? Then they use the “COVID Excuse” really? Funny, most companies have gotten back to normal and are hiring people to get ahead on the orders and clearly they have chosen to drop the ball like idiots! Nice Job Guys! So take my thread as a warning that if you place an order with ECS Tuning you will be clearly waiting for your parts.... Jose

Old 10-04-2020, 11:23 AM
mwayne5
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I ended up cancelling my last few orders from ECS. Everything was listed as in stock and ready to ship, but then as soon as I ordered it, the estimated shipping date changed, and changed, and changed. After a month and a half of waiting patiently, I cancelled my orders. They did give me a free sticker as an apology though...

Old 10-04-2020, 01:40 PM
jpsjr1970
3rd Gear
You got a sticker?? Wow!! Lmao
too funny that’s their way of making things better?? Thank God you have other places you can rely on!

Old 10-05-2020, 12:59 AM
Maze Kim
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have similar experience, after more than 20k purchased, their after sales sucks! by chance i notice there is a Facebook page call "why i hate ecs tuning " they finally response when I post my issue there

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969390720044815

Old 10-06-2020, 06:41 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,085 Likes on 1,860 Posts
Hello,

I am always here to help and just a PM away. We had a huge volume increase and since things were moving so fast some items would sell out next day, other things backup in the pipeline, Everyone is having back ups, we talked to many vendors and they sold out of items that they would normally have on hand this time of year.

As always i am here to help and have always been.

Sorry for the issues.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 10-06-2020, 07:54 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 373 Likes on 314 Posts
A few years back, there was a young man that created fantastic vinyl applications for our MINIs. A few sour grapes began complaining about the SPEED of his service not realizing that he was a one man operation. He took only so much much of that whining and complaining, folded his tent and our clan lost a super asset. So, my point is, we are sitting in the comfort of our homes placing orders from an unseen resource with no idea what challenges they are facing. I was in retail for 25 years and can sympathize with ECS. If someone else's schedule doesn't fit yours, there could be a good reason why.

The following 2 users liked this post by Fly'n Brick:
curlywurly (10-07-2020), ECSTuning (10-06-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 02:41 AM
jpsjr1970
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Fly'n Brick
A few years back, there was a young man that created fantastic vinyl applications for our MINIs. A few sour grapes began complaining about the SPEED of his service not realizing that he was a one man operation. He took only so much much of that whining and complaining, folded his tent and our clan lost a super asset. So, my point is, we are sitting in the comfort of our homes placing orders from an unseen resource with no idea what challenges they are facing. I was in retail for 25 years and can sympathize with ECS. If someone else's schedule doesn't fit yours, there could be a good reason why.
Good point but clearly not all stories are the same. I’ll speak for myself as over the last two months I have spent over $29k on parts from ECS Tuning and clearly it’s not Covid related issue, it’s called let’s get customers interested in sales and not deliver the product because we can use the Covid excuse and no one will care. If supplies are low or not available why would you offer them at a deep discount and state that the product is ready for processing but clearly you don’t have the personnel to ship it out the product. Honestly it’s just clear BS and they just don’t give a crap! So, I just placed an order on
MiniPartsDirect that was worth around $9k and all the parts were delivered within 8 days from order. How is it that a company from South Carolina can do it and ECS from Ohio can’t??? Oh I know, South Carolina dealership is clearly driven in getting customers their products and communicating with their high end clients making sure they keep them going and clearly don’t bs them on the information or status of a product. When companies get to big and their heads are up their asses they lose focus on the principal that all customers are important and need to be addressed in the same proper way from day one when they started their establishment. I’ve been with ECS from the beginning and clearly their focus has been lost, my suggestion? Go back to basics and teach your staff to do the right thing and get the job right the first time without broken promises.
As far as the gentleman who had a amazing product and shut it down, super different story. I’m sure he did an amazing job communicating and giving his all but was bombarded by idiots who just were harassing him to get something for free or discounted which clearly made no sense to continue with the peanut profits he was probably making so clearly he closed and moved on, my heart goes out for that hard working customer striving guy!! Jose

Old 10-07-2020, 02:53 AM
jpsjr1970
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Hello,

I am always here to help and just a PM away. We had a huge volume increase and since things were moving so fast some items would sell out next day, other things backup in the pipeline, Everyone is having back ups, we talked to many vendors and they sold out of items that they would normally have on hand this time of year.

As always i am here to help and have always been.

Sorry for the issues.
Always here to help?? Really?? Lmao!! Clearly your staff is not and clearly your not either! I always enjoy helping those that I have been loyal to for years but when you have idiots on the phone that sound like *** hats and clearly are clueless I clearly can’t have respect for you or your establishment. You let my orders which clearly 5 different employees confirm that they were in stock and pulled sit on a shelf for 22 days??? Really?? I could have driven to Ohio and pulled them myself and walked out of there Covid free!!! Stop your BS and own up that your customer service is failing and needs to be addressed in order to accommodate the 5000+ orders your receiving everyday. And if you are receiving those orders then you need to focus on the shipping department and hire those employees needed to accommodate the volume they are getting, maybe even getting your original upper management people to step up and start boxing and shipping products out so that customers know your out to solve issues and that you care!! Great Concept Right?? If my company had a “I Hate ECS Tuning” on Facebook I would be mortified and I would start posting pictures of the upper management working on getting business moving instead of sitting around counting pennies!! Jose