F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

JCW JCW order

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2021 | 02:15 AM
ironhead3fan
|
3rd Gear
JCW order

Never ordered a car before in my life. Being the dealer lots were all but empty, the sales guy (Motoring Advisor) suggested that being there wasn’t anything on the lot that I liked, that I may want to consider ordering and get exactly what I want. I got the approval from the boss and I went for it. The order was placed the second week of August. About 3 weeks ago, it finally moved to’Scheduled for Production’. Yesterday, It moved to ‘Production Begins’. My Motoring Assistant called me about lunchtime to let me know of the status change. He said it would likely be complete next week sometime, and we could expect to see the car 3-4 weeks after that.

Last edited by ironhead3fan; 11-23-2021 at 02:24 AM.
Old 11-23-2021 | 02:23 AM
ironhead3fan
|
3rd Gear
BTW, I ordered the Chili Red with black roof and mirror caps. My original colors were just the opposite. I eventually got scared and envisioned having to constantly polish that black paint. I loaded the rest of it with all options. During the process, Active Cruise Control was dropped due to parts shortage, but all other options are unaffected as of now (yes, the H/K is still available). Now I’m finally starting to get anxious and I’m going to try really hard not to bug my Motoring Adviser to death.

Old 11-24-2021 | 12:43 AM
j997tt
2nd Gear
Congratulations. I ordered mine as well but in mid-October and it was built last week. From start of production to delivery to the port was precisely 7 days. It is now at the port in the UK waiting for a boat. I would not count on 3-4 weeks delivery although I hope I am wrong. My car is not scheduled on a ship yet and was told by Mini yesterday that due the usual suspects (Covid, supply chain, etc.) that they could not predict when my car will be shipped. So waiting. I hope to see it next month but think it might be January.

Like you, ordered with all options but active cruise was deleted, got everything else including HK. Island blue, red top/mirrors, cloth JCW seats, 18 inch wheels. Moving from a black 2020 JCW HT to this.

Good luck with yours. The waiting is no fun.

The following users liked this post:
ironhead3fan (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021 | 02:05 AM
ironhead3fan
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by j997tt
Congratulations. I ordered mine as well but in mid-October and it was built last week. From start of production to delivery to the port was precisely 7 days. It is now at the port in the UK waiting for a boat. I would not count on 3-4 weeks delivery although I hope I am wrong. My car is not scheduled on a ship yet and was told by Mini yesterday that due the usual suspects (Covid, supply chain, etc.) that they could not predict when my car will be shipped. So waiting. I hope to see it next month but think it might be January.

Like you, ordered with all options but active cruise was deleted, got everything else including HK. Island blue, red top/mirrors, cloth JCW seats, 18 inch wheels. Moving from a black 2020 JCW HT to this.

Good luck with yours. The waiting is no fun.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I thought that 3-4 week shipping time was a bit ambitious considering everything as it is. I’m kind of hoping to see it before the end of January.

Old 11-24-2021 | 12:58 PM
Scypio
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ironhead3fan
I eventually got scared and envisioned having to constantly polish that black paint.
I almost bought a black Mini (red would have been my other choice) even though I came from a black car. "Luckily" it was during the pause on manual transmissions so I had to take what was in stock (instead of ordering). Ended up with Thunder Grey, which looks darker than other manufacturer's grays, so I'm happy with it.

When I was shopping for my Mini a couple of years ago, I was so close to custom ordering it, but like I stated above, there was a pause on manual transmissions. So I had to take what was being shipped to the US already. My previous car died, so I couldn't wait with no timetable until all the issues were resolved.

I imagine the wait is killer. I only had to wait for mine to come from the dock (maybe a week) and I thought it was a long wait.

Old 11-24-2021 | 03:48 PM
ironhead3fan
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Scypio
I almost bought a black Mini (red would have been my other choice) even though I came from a black car. "Luckily" it was during the pause on manual transmissions so I had to take what was in stock (instead of ordering). Ended up with Thunder Grey, which looks darker than other manufacturer's grays, so I'm happy with it.

When I was shopping for my Mini a couple of years ago, I was so close to custom ordering it, but like I stated above, there was a pause on manual transmissions. So I had to take what was being shipped to the US already. My previous car died, so I couldn't wait with no timetable until all the issues were resolved.

I imagine the wait is killer. I only had to wait for mine to come from the dock (maybe a week) and I thought it was a long wait.
I tried to put out out of my mind for as long as I could, but when the recent status change happened, I have started to get more and more anxious. Thankfully, my current car is in real good shape so I didn’t have to be in a hurry. I

If the Thunder Grey would have been an option for 2022, I might have done it.

Old 11-24-2021 | 08:57 PM
Bruce R
1st Gear
I ordered a JCW on September 30, Chili Red Top and Mirrors over the Pepper White body and JCW stripes on the hood. Iconic trim with the Chesterfield Malt Brown leather seats. I can't wait.

There seems to be a lot of variance in when orders start to get processed. I have been on the Reddit Mini subreddit and several FB groups and getting various production dates from people. One guy ordered a JCW in October, and his production date started in 3 days. I waited 38 days for mine. The dealer should provide a Production number for you to use to create a login. There you can track the progress of your Mini build. Sounds like maybe you already have done this. If not, ask your dealer for the production number and the URL to create an account and link to your build.

Be warned, it appears that the progress is only updated once or twice a week, often jumping several steps at once, then getting stuck on a step for several days. Mine is stuck in "Quality Check" now for 3-4 days. Over the weekend it apparently went from paint booth to entering assembly line to assembly in progress to "quality check."

Some people seem to wait for weeks after it arrives in port as well. I'm hoping mine arrives by Christmas, but who knows. Geography seems to matter some as well. What state are you in? I'm in Maryland.

Good Luck, and hope yours arrives soon as well!

Old 11-25-2021 | 12:47 AM
j997tt
2nd Gear
Mine sailed through production. Tracked it daily. There were no delays or dead time on the line but I have this sinking feeling that my JCW will be at port in the UK for a while. My dealer let me know the name of the shipping company (Wallenius Wilhelmsen) and I know the port where Mini cars are delivered on the east cost (Port Jersey, NJ). I’m in DE so once the car arrives in the US it should be at my dealer in PA fairly rapidly. The shipping company’s website shows the schedule of their ships from Southampton UK to NY and they have many ships on this routing in December. Generally a 11-12 day boat ride to NY. I have no idea how Mini UK logistics works and how they schedule cars on ships so it’s a black hole. Just going to wait it out… I feel fortunate that, once ordered on October 27, my car rapidly moved its way through order to production to ready to ship. Some folks have seen long delays (multiple months) just to get to status 150.

Old 11-26-2021 | 04:18 PM
G-52
1st Gear
Never ordered a car before in my life. Being the dealer lots were all but empty, the sales guy (Motoring Advisor) suggested that being there wasn’t anything on the lot that I liked, that I may want to consider ordering and get exactly what I want. I got the approval from the boss and I went for it. The order was placed the second week of August. About 3 weeks ago, it finally moved to’Scheduled for Production’. Yesterday, It moved to ‘Production Begins’. My Motoring Assistant called me about lunchtime to let me know of the status change. He said it would likely be complete next week sometime, and we could expect to see the car 3-4 weeks after that.
Congrats on your order, I am also waiting. I ordered 10/28/21 and have been in the “production queue” for one week (since 11/19). I noticed your location which brings back fond memories of your surrounding roads. I lived in the D.C. area in the late 1980s and periodically drove back to my hometown of Columbus, OH. I had a 1983 VW GTI at the time and always took “ the back way”; the stretch of Route 50 from Winchester, VA to Parkersburg, WV, i.e. 120 miles of hairpin turns. You probably know the route. Good luck with a speedy delivery👍
BTW, I’ve ordered white over moonwalk grey, 2 door hardtop, 6 sp manual, iconic pkg, and 17” black wheels

ironhead3fan (11-26-2021)
Old 11-26-2021 | 07:02 PM
ironhead3fan
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by G-52
Congrats on your order, I am also waiting. I ordered 10/28/21 and have been in the “production queue” for one week (since 11/19). I noticed your location which brings back fond memories of your surrounding roads. I lived in the D.C. area in the late 1980s and periodically drove back to my hometown of Columbus, OH. I had a 1983 VW GTI at the time and always took “ the back way”; the stretch of Route 50 from Winchester, VA to Parkersburg, WV, i.e. 120 miles of hairpin turns. You probably know the route. Good luck with a speedy delivery👍
BTW, I’ve ordered white over moonwalk grey, 2 door hardtop, 6 sp manual, iconic pkg, and 17” black wheels
Yeah, you were close by. I was just on Route 50 from Winchester, VA to Short Mountain, WV (near Romney, WV) for deer hunting earlier this week. I have been through Parkersburg, WV as well. That road does have a lot of hairpin turns, you really have to pay attention. I think that road, at least the part I'm more familiar with, is full of Dollar General Stores and Liberty Gas Stations now.

Anyway, mine was ordered August 12, 2021. My status moved to Production Begins 5 days ago and hasn't moved. I have read that they sometimes aren't real good about updating the status. Wish they would, getting anxious now! Mine is Chili Red, black roof and mirror caps, 8 speed auto, iconic pkg, and 17" black wheels. I would have liked to have had the manual, but after 4 shoulder surgeries, I thought it best to play it safe, although I know the 6 speed would be more fun.

Good luck getting your car and keep us up to date!

Take care!

G-52 (11-26-2021)
Old 11-26-2021 | 07:06 PM
ironhead3fan
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by j997tt
Mine sailed through production. Tracked it daily. There were no delays or dead time on the line but I have this sinking feeling that my JCW will be at port in the UK for a while. My dealer let me know the name of the shipping company (Wallenius Wilhelmsen) and I know the port where Mini cars are delivered on the east cost (Port Jersey, NJ). I’m in DE so once the car arrives in the US it should be at my dealer in PA fairly rapidly. The shipping company’s website shows the schedule of their ships from Southampton UK to NY and they have many ships on this routing in December. Generally a 11-12 day boat ride to NY. I have no idea how Mini UK logistics works and how they schedule cars on ships so it’s a black hole. Just going to wait it out… I feel fortunate that, once ordered on October 27, my car rapidly moved its way through order to production to ready to ship. Some folks have seen long delays (multiple months) just to get to status 150.
Yeah, mine started in production this week and it was ordered back in August! You are very lucky to have it sail through production that fast!

Old 11-27-2021 | 06:25 AM
j997tt
2nd Gear
Yep, feel fortunate. Don’t understand how Mini plans and schedules production and priorities. Might have to do with options chosen but I choose all available options so not sure. Maybe our cars will end up on the same boat. Mine is still showing ‘At Port’. Hope it makes it onto a ship next month. Happy to hear yours is being made. One step closer…

Old 11-29-2021 | 07:46 AM
Bruce R
1st Gear
My JCW has been in quality check status for 7 (calendar) days. That seems like a long time. Anyone else experience this?

Old 11-29-2021 | 08:12 PM
G-52
1st Gear
My order entered production on 11/19 and the status hasn’t changed. I called the Mini USA 1-800 # today and while no further information was provided regarding production; I was told there was no indication production had been delayed.
EDIT: I just checked Mini USA website; My order has changed to “Exterior Body Construction Has Begun.” 👍

Last edited by G-52; 11-29-2021 at 08:19 PM.
ironhead3fan (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021 | 09:45 AM
ironhead3fan
|
3rd Gear
My status is still on Production Begins, and has been there since last Monday (11/22). I emailed my Motoring Advisor, he says it is supposed to start production this week. I sure hope so, getting very anxious since the initial status change.

Old 11-30-2021 | 11:38 AM
pongobaz
1st Gear
JCW F56 ordered Sept 6. 6-speed, Premier +, HK, Dinamica/Leather, DDC, etc... Mine just updated to Status 152 (paint shop) and it now has a VIN.

The following 3 users liked this post by pongobaz:
Bruce R (12-04-2021), G-52 (11-30-2021), ironhead3fan (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021 | 01:34 PM
ironhead3fan
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by pongobaz
JCW F56 ordered Sept 6. 6-speed, Premier +, HK, Dinamica/Leather, DDC, etc... Mine just updated to Status 152 (paint shop) and it now has a VIN.
So you ordered in Sept and mine was ordered in Aug and you're way ahead of me. Wonder what's up with that?

Old 11-30-2021 | 02:15 PM
pongobaz
1st Gear
So you ordered in Sept and mine was ordered in Aug and you're way ahead of me. Wonder what's up with that?
Probably depends on market allocation. I'm in Toronto and my Centre had a November build slot when I ordered it in Sept. Might be different for the US allocations?

Old 11-30-2021 | 04:08 PM
ironhead3fan
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by pongobaz
Probably depends on market allocation. I'm in Toronto and my Centre had a November build slot when I ordered it in Sept. Might be different for the US allocations?
That's a good point. I'm Central Atlantic Region, so who knows?

Old 11-30-2021 | 05:20 PM
G-52
1st Gear
Mini USA has my order in the paint booth today as well. White over moonwalk grey. Patience….

ironhead3fan (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021 | 06:09 PM
ironhead3fan
|
3rd Gear
Mini USA has my order in the paint booth today as well. White over moonwalk grey. Patience….
Moving along quickly, hope mine is right behind yours.....

G-52 (11-30-2021)
Old 12-01-2021 | 04:10 PM
G-52
1st Gear
@ironhead3fan Hope you get some news soon; Mini USA website this morning showed my order was entering the assembly line. It’s now showing “Ready for Transport.”

Bruce R (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021 | 05:27 PM
ironhead3fan
|
3rd Gear
@ironhead3fan Hope you get some news soon; Mini USA website this morning showed my order was entering the assembly line. It’s now showing “Ready for Transport.”
Yay, fresh update:

EXTERIOR BODY ASSEMBLY BEGINS
Your MINI is taking shape. Exterior body construction has begun.

The following 2 users liked this post by ironhead3fan:
Bruce R (12-01-2021), G-52 (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021 | 06:05 PM
Bruce R
1st Gear
Wtf. Mine is still in Quality Checks stage. Has been since 11/22. So I guess mine didn’t pass the checks and is waiting to be fixed. Guess my Christmas present will be arriving in January or February. Sigh.

Old 12-01-2021 | 06:41 PM
ironhead3fan
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Bruce R
Wtf. Mine is still in Quality Checks stage. Has been since 11/22. So I guess mine didn’t pass the checks and is waiting to be fixed. Guess my Christmas present will be arriving in January or February. Sigh.
Sorry, hope it moves along soon.

Quick Reply: JCW JCW order