F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Top brake bulb (filament) in left/right tail lamp assemblies - what turns it on?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 07:32 PM
cjv2
5th Gear
Received 303 Likes on 241 Posts
Oh - a big underlying discovery (for me) under all this which-param-does-what -- net, if you can ID an unused lighting control section, it can (likely) be reused. For example, the MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_2_H settings on my US Mini -- my car isn't going to "grow rear DRLs" on its own, so they're effectively usable (with all the caveats one would expect, such as who knows how a dealer update might later decide to leverage or even "other" that section). Figuring that out -- how all these things are remappable -- has been really cool.

Old 12-26-2021, 07:57 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 520 Likes on 432 Posts
But the irony, if you set BFD to blinken, you get an error, thus remapping BRAKEFORCED as above.

I set my BFD before Bimmercode had a shortcut using expert mode.

Do you know what settings Bimmercode shortcut for BFD are??

Old 12-26-2021, 08:22 PM
cjv2
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
But the irony, if you set BFD to blinken, you get an error, thus remapping BRAKEFORCED as above.

I set my BFD before Bimmercode had a shortcut using expert mode.

Do you know what settings Bimmercode shortcut for BFD are??
Quick note — I read your last post so quickly, in the US mini with BFD 1 pointed at the turn signals, it *stops* them from blinking and makes them solid? Did I get that right??

I only see two shortcuts for BFD in non-expert mode: activation speed and activation brake force. I’m using the iOS app, if that matters.

Old 12-26-2021, 09:36 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
[QUOTE=cjv2;4608722]Quick note — I read your last post so quickly, in the US mini with BFD 1 pointed at the turn signals, it *stops* them from blinking and makes them solid? Did I get that right??

I only see two shortcuts for BFD in non-expert mode: activation speed and activation brake force. I’m using the iOS app, if that matters.
[OTE]

Yes, stock BFD is area enlargement, solid turn signal, to create a big bright brake lamp.
But switching it to blinking causes an error, at least in my car, and others in the US.

Why did I think Bimmercode had a blinking BFD shortcut??
Right, never mind, not MINI, my daughters BMW can be switched to blinking with Bimmercode shortcut.

The reason Im investigating, is that I have 2 errors stored, found with Bimmelink.
One is headlamp switch error, due to my installing one with rear fog, as its not in the VO.
The other is light mapping error, which I think its due to remapping the BFD to brake lights.

Old 12-26-2021, 10:01 PM
cjv2
5th Gear
Yes, stock BFD is area enlargement, solid turn signal, to create a big bright brake lamp.
But switching it to blinking causes an error, at least in my car, and others in the US.

The reason Im investigating, is that I have 2 errors stored, found with Bimmelink.
One is headlamp switch error, due to my installing one with rear fog, as its not in the VO.
The other is light mapping error, which I think its due to remapping the BFD to brake lights.
Interesting rabbit hole we may have here. I follow.

So — I've activated my rear fogs for all intents and purposes without actually lighting up the rear fog activation switch (physical or the coding on/off switch, whose parameter I forget but I know I've seen in the BimmerCode FAQ thread). And it hasn’t involved any explicit VO tinkering.

This has me wondering a trio of things about your MINI:
  1. whatever that rear fog on/off parameter is that I can’t name — I’m sure you know it — do you have it set to on or off?
  2. if you set it to off, does it kill your rear fogs or do they work anyway, like my US F56 that has been given a non-off output setting via expert mode?
  3. Do you have an unused lighting parameter set — something with its OUTPUT and/or PWM_1 currently set to off — whose FUNCTIONs you could set to bfd, whose L/R OUTPUT you could set to the lamps you want, and whose PWM_1s you could set to what you want?

Last edited by cjv2; 12-26-2021 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-27-2021, 08:46 AM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cjv2
Interesting rabbit hole we may have here. I follow.

So — I've activated my rear fogs for all intents and purposes without actually lighting up the rear fog activation switch (physical or the coding on/off switch, whose parameter I forget but I know I've seen in the BimmerCode FAQ thread). And it hasn’t involved any explicit VO tinkering.

This has me wondering a trio of things about your MINI:
  1. whatever that rear fog on/off parameter is that I can’t name — I’m sure you know it — do you have it set to on or off?
  2. if you set it to off, does it kill your rear fogs or do they work anyway, like my US F56 that has been given a non-off output setting via expert mode?
  3. Do you have an unused lighting parameter set — something with its OUTPUT and/or PWM_1 currently set to off — whose FUNCTIONs you could set to bfd, whose L/R OUTPUT you could set to the lamps you want, and whose PWM_1s you could set to what you want?
Rear fog settings
NSL_Verbaut to Verbaut
Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_ouput to nsl_l
Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_Function to nebelschlusslicht
Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_output to nsl_r
Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_Function to nebelschlusslicht

No errors

ESS_AKTIVIERBARER_AUSGANG to blikend
Caused an error until I set

MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_OUTPUT -> bl_l
MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_R_OUTPUT -> bl_r

MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_OUTPUT -> bfd_l
MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_R_OUTPUT -> bfd_r

WB_GB_ENABLE = active

Last edited by TVPostSound; 12-27-2021 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-27-2021, 09:33 AM
cjv2
5th Gear
Rear fog settings
NSL_Verbaut to Verbaut
Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_ouput to nsl_l
Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_Function to nebelschlusslicht
Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_output to nsl_r
Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_Function to nebelschlusslicht

No errors

ESS_AKTIVIERBARER_AUSGANG to blikend
Caused an error until I set

WB_GB_ENABLE = active
NSL_Verbaut (English translation "NSL installed", where NSL = nebelschlusslicht = rear fog light) is the setting I was thinking of. As I read up on it: if you turn it off I guess your dash light for the rear fogs will turn off, so that's no fun.

I haven't actually turned that on -- so I'll turn it on and see what my F56S does, may as well find out

So you set ESS_AKTIVIERBARER_AUSGANG to tell it to blink, and it threw an error until you switched MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1 from turn signal light output (fra_h_l[r]) to brake light output, and MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2 from no output to BFD light output.

It makes an odd sort of sense to me -- I can see how pointing alternate blinking output (BFD) to a native on-its-own blinker (turn signal light) might result in a logic collision -- but I don't know the code so that's only an intuitive guess of mine. I am sort of curious -- obviously you MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2 to get your BFD to actually blink in your situation, but I wonder whether what really cleared the error was the mod to MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1?

I'll report back as to what setting NSL_Verbaut does/doesn't do to mine...

Old 12-27-2021, 10:02 AM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
This was a result of someone here trying to get their UJ lights to work with BFD.

Maybe later Ill turn off MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2 and see.
Whats the default? Nothing , right?

Maybe Ill wait till tomorrow, its starting to rain!!!

Verbaut in this sense probably translates to "equiped"

Old 12-27-2021, 01:09 PM
cjv2
5th Gear
This was a result of someone here trying to get their UJ lights to work with BFD.

Maybe later Ill turn off MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2 and see.
Whats the default? Nothing , right?

Maybe Ill wait till tomorrow, its starting to rain!!!

Verbaut in this sense probably translates to "equiped"
Yeah the default OUTPUT for MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L and R is off (0x00) on my US-spec F56S. Same goes for the output channels of MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_H_1 and MAPPING_STANDL_H2. Might be worth checking to see what your Mini has for those, if they are also set to off, you might be able to repurpose them for something of interest.

Yeah don't turn off your BFD if expecting rain

I changed NSL_Verbaut from nicht_verbaut to verbaut and got no rear fog dash light, or any other visible change in behavior. Not too surprised there given that I have reassigned the rear fogs's function to nebelscheinwerfer
(the front fogs) and that I have no rear fog button. But it was worthwhile to check it out

Old 12-27-2021, 01:40 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
NSL_Verbaut might just be telling the computer it has a switch??

Im just curious what the difference is between BRAKEFORCED 1 and BRAKEFORCED 2 is.

Im not getting any dash errors, the reason I asked, was that I have stored errors found by using Bimmerlink.

Old 12-27-2021, 02:59 PM
cjv2
5th Gear
NSL_Verbaut might just be telling the computer it has a switch??

Im just curious what the difference is between BRAKEFORCED 1 and BRAKEFORCED 2 is.

Im not getting any dash errors, the reason I asked, was that I have stored errors found by using Bimmerlink.
You know, you could be right, maybe the equipment NSL_Verbaut refers to is the switch rather than the whole rear fog shebang. Makes an odd sort of sense, since the only part not in the car "by default" is the switch.

In re BRAKEFORCED_1 and BRAKEFORCED_2, I can't speak with authority to "the difference(s)" between them, but here's a full dump of the values I found in my car. The only material difference I see between them in the stock config is that one is turned on by default and the other is turned off by default -- they're both BFD (unless one changes them). Beyond that the particulars seem to pertain to what light bulb you want to fire up.

Actually, wait, there is one big diff: the "IGR_RELEVANT" value of 0x01 on BRAKEFORCED_1. I looked over a lot of lighting control values and that value is pretty much always 0x00 -- except for the one belonging to BRAKEFORCED_1. I haven't documented everything, but that jumped out, and I don't know what that value does.

SECTION (306x) | PARAMETER (MAPPINGx) | HEX VALUE DESC | HEX VALUE

3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_OUTPUT fra_h_l 0x20
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_PART_OF initwert 0x00
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_FUNCTION bfd 0x0D
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_PRIORITY priority_2 0x02
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_PWM_1_BFD 13.7V 0x89
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_PWM_2_ESS_1 12.7V 0x7F
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_PWM_3_ESS_2 12.7V 0x7F
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_PWM_4 pwm_1 0x00
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_PWM_5 pwm_1 0x00
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_FIXED_PWM pwm 0x00
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_OFF_MODE off 0x00
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_IGR_RELEVANT active 0x01
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_DEPENDENCY_FUNC off 0x00
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_DEPENDENCY_PWM level_nr 0x04
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_SPARE_OUTPUT spare_channel_1 0x00
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_SPARE_PWM initwert 0x00
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_DIMMED not_active 0x00
3064 LceLampMapping3 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1_L_DISABLE_OUTPUT initwert 0x00
------DONE, DUPLICATE IN R-------
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_OUTPUT off 0x00
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_PART_OF initwert 0x00
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_FUNCTION bfd 0x0D
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_PRIORITY priority_1 0x01
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_PWM_1_BFD Ersatzwert & 100% 0x64 & 0x64
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_PWM_2_ESS_1 Ersatzwert & 100% 0x64 & 0x64
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_PWM_3_ESS_2 Ersatzwert & 100% 0x64 & 0x64
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_PWM_4 0V 0x00
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_PWM_5 pwm_1 0x00
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_FIXED_PWM pwm 0x00
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_OFF_MODE off 0x00
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_IGR_RELEVANT not_active 0x00
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_DEPENDENCY_FUNC off 0x00
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_DEPENDENCY_PWM level_nr 0x04
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_SPARE_OUTPUT spare_channel_1 0x00
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_SPARE_PWM initwert 0x00
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_DIMMED not_active 0x00
3065 LceLampMapping4 MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_DISABLE_OUTPUT initwert 0x00
------DONE, DUPLICATE IN R-------

Last edited by cjv2; 12-29-2021 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Corrected editing goof made on MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_PWM_1_BFD
Old 12-27-2021, 04:42 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
So you confirmed you have BFD working with tail lights AND Rear fog lights.

You changed BRAKEFORCED_1_OUTPUT to bl from fra h
and using BRAKEFORCED_2_ for your fog lights

Is BRAKEFORCED_2_OUTPUT not needed in my case? Am I causing a loop??

Old 12-27-2021, 05:26 PM
cjv2
5th Gear
So you confirmed you have BFD working with tail lights AND Rear fog lights.

You changed BRAKEFORCED_1_OUTPUT to bl from fra h
and using BRAKEFORCED_2_ for your fog lights

Is BRAKEFORCED_2_OUTPUT not needed in my case? Am I causing a loop??
Yes, I have BFD working (in the US manner, meaning that the turn signals go solid under hard braking); my tail lights function as-normal; and I have the rear fog lights functioning as follows:
  1. rear fog lights (100% brightness), when the front fog light switch is activated (I do not have a rear fog switch)
  2. brake lights (brightness reduced to below level of tail lights and fog lights)
  3. DRLs (brightness reduced to below level of rear fogs as brakes)
  4. Standing lights (meaning when headlight switch is in any position other than "0"/off) (brightness reduced to below level of all of the above)

BUT

I made no changes to any of the BRAKEFORCED_1 params. The only BRAKEFORCED params I changed were under BRAKEFORCED_2 and they are:

Mandatory:

Change MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_OUTPUTfrom off 0x00 to nsl_l 0x1C (activate the deactivated output for this lighting, and point it at rear left fog light)
Change MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_R_OUTPUTfrom off 0x00 to nsl_l 0x1D (activate the deactivated output for this lighting, and point it at rear right fog light)
Change MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_FUNCTIONfrom bfd 0x0D to Custom value 0x0C (change function of left Brake Force Display 2 from BFD to non-BFD brake indication)
Change MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_R_FUNCTIONfrom bfd 0x0D to Custom value 0x0C (change function of left Brake Force Display 2 from BFD to non-BFD brake indication)

Optional, if you want to tweak the brightness of the fogs down when in use as brake lights:

Change MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_PWM_1_BFD from its jointly-selected values of Ersatzwert 0x64 / 100% 0x64 to Custom value 0x3C
- this controls voltage sent to the MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_L_OUTPUT device.
- in this context and with a filament bulb, I believe (from looking at other sections) 0x3C = 60%.
- you don't have to deselect "Ersatzwert" manually. When you enter the 0x3C value, Bimmercode will deselect the "Ersatzwert" selection automatically.

Change MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_R_PWM_1_BFD from its jointly-selected values of Ersatzwert 0x64 / 100% 0x64 to Custom value 0x3C
- this controls voltage sent to the MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2_R_OUTPUT device.
- in this context and with a filament bulb, I believe (from looking at other sections) 0x3C = 60%.
- you don't have to deselect "Ersatzwert" manually. When you enter the 0x3C value, Bimmercode will deselect the "Ersatzwert" selection automatically.

Based on your observations, if I wanted to make my turn signals blink under hard braking, I would have to fiddle with MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1 and _2 as you have earlier laid out.
  • If I were to do that, it would make MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_2 unavailable for me to repurpose to non-BFD rear-fogs-as-brakes. I'd have to find some other not-used lighting control to leverage, but the technique would be the same:
    • Change the FUNCTION of said lighting control to 0x0C (bremslicht, aka "brake lights")
    • Change the OUTPUT of said lighting control to the rear fogs
    • Change the first PWM value of said lighting control to reflect the brightness I wanted the rear fogs to have when engaged as brake lights.

Old 12-27-2021, 05:43 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
OK, I thought you changed BRAKEFORCED 1 to bl. Wanting your brake lights to flash instead.

Im going to deleted BRAKEFORCE 2 bfd tomorrow, and see if my brake lights still flash.

But first, I need to get a new battery!!! Theres a task Im not wanting to do.
I just spent 2 hours fixing a leaking dishwasher!!!

Old 12-27-2021, 05:47 PM
cjv2
5th Gear
No fun on battery replacement! I hear that takes mysterious coding effort, lol!

No fun on dishwasher repair! I have done that!

Looking forward to hearing how the BRAKEFORCE 2 bfd change works for you.

Old 12-27-2021, 06:12 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
I hear that takes mysterious coding effort, lol!

Looking forward to hearing how the BRAKEFORCE 2 bfd change works for you.
I have Bimmerlink to register. Bimmercode already set to 80ah which Ill buy.

Every H7 battery around here is $209. Pep Boys. Kragen. NAPA etc.
and whatever brand it is they are made by East Penn
AAA sells theirs made by East Penn for $199.00 and a better warranty. maybe might call them, and not have them install!!!

The following users liked this post:
cjv2 (12-28-2021)
Old 12-27-2021, 06:14 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
I wonder what would happen if_ you_ changed BRAKEFORCED 1 to bl?

Old 12-28-2021, 08:42 AM
cjv2
5th Gear
I wonder what would happen if_ you_ changed BRAKEFORCED 1 to bl?
That's an interesting question -- and maybe a good test of what the PRIORITY value does.

bl_l and bl_r being the lower brake bulbs in the tail assemblies, they are already set as OUTPUT devices for MAPPING_BREMSL_1, with assigned FUNCTION of bremslicht. In theory, if I set MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1's OUTPUT to bl_l+bl_r, there is a conflict scenario: do the lights obey MAPPING_BREMSL_1 or MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1? I also note that the PRIORITY for both is set to the same thing: priority_2.

Now, I have never fiddled with priorities and that parameter may not be germane; it just stands out as something that, linguistically, might apply. At any rate, though, the conflict scenario is intriguing, and I kind of wonder if that's the source of the error that the coding technique you originally described serves, somehow, to work around.

I'll give it a whirl on the car just to see. I don't have someone to follow me to see how my BFD actually behaves, but if my changing MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1 from the rear turn signals (default) to the lower brake bulbs (bl_l+bl_r) causes an error, then I guess that'll answer the conflict question. Or something. I still need coffee as I type this

Old 12-28-2021, 09:09 AM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Isn't bl_l and bl_r both brake lamps?

Old 12-28-2021, 09:29 AM
cjv2
5th Gear
FUNCTION value table

Quick note, one thing I intended to do is catalog values for FUNCTION in the varied lighting sections. Found a 2013 post over at bimmerpost.com regarding the BMW F30 that mostly covered it.

Here's a modified (by me) version of the FUNCTIONs, click the link above for the original. Note that FUNCTION (which means, well, function) is not the same as OUTPUT (which means device to send output to). The hex values below are for use in FUNCTION, not OUTPUT.

0x01 = standlicht (standing light -- for US folks, this would be running lights, corresponding to the not-off and not-headlight and not-auto position on the headlight switch)
0x02 = standlicht_small (another set of standing lights, apparently, definition of "small" not clear)
0x03 = abblendlicht ("dimmed headlights" - headlights, low beam lights only)
0x04 = tagfahrlicht (DRL aka daytime running lights)
0x05 = fernlicht (headlights, high beam lights only)
0x06 = blinken_l (turn signal, left)
0x07 = blinken_r (turn signal, right)
0x08 = nebelscheinwerfer ([front] fog lights)
0x09 = abbiegelicht_l ("turning light" - cornering light(s) left)
0x0A = abbiegelicht_r ("turning light" - cornering light(s) right)
0x0C = bremslicht (brake lights -- non-BFD)
0x0D = bfd (brake force lights aka Brake Force Display aka BFD)
0x0E = nebelschlusslicht (rear fog lights)
0x0F = rueckfahrlicht (reverse lights)
0x10 = parklicht_l (Parking Lights left (see "Parking Lights" feature in the owners manual - this is a Europe thing and is NOT the same as US-speak running lights)
0x11 = parklicht_r (Parking Lights right (see "Parking Lights" feature in the owners manual - this is a Europe thing and is NOT the same as US-speak running lights)

Old 12-28-2021, 09:42 AM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
but if my changing MAPPING_BRAKEFORCED_1 from the rear turn signals (default) to the lower brake bulbs (bl_l+bl_r)

But I mapped

BOTH upper and lower lights blink, including the middle lamp.

Old 12-28-2021, 09:42 AM
cjv2
5th Gear
Isn't bl_l and bl_r both brake lamps?
0x18 bl_l = bremslicht_l = left tail lamp assembly bottom brake bulb
0x19 bl_r = bremslicht_r = right tail lamp assembly bottom brake bulb
0x1A bfd_l = BFD left = left tail lamp assembly top brake bulb
- not actually used for BFD display in stock US setup
-- used for left brake signal alongside the bottom left brake bulb
-- left BFD signal sent to rear turn signal light 0x20 fra_h_l instead
0x1B bfd_r = BFD right = right tail lamp assembly top brake bulb
- not actually used for BFD display in stock US setup
-- used for right brake signal alongside the bottom right brake bulb
-- right BFD signal sent to rear turn signal light 0x21 fra_h_r instead

Last edited by cjv2; 12-28-2021 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-28-2021, 09:53 AM
cjv2
5th Gear
But I mapped

BOTH upper and lower lights blink, including the middle lamp.
Some parameter in the mix has to have two things going for the middle lamp to blink:
  • MAPPING_someparameter_left_side_OUTPUT -> fra_h_l (or maybe blinken_h_l)
  • MAPPING_someparameter_right_side_OUTPUT -> fra_h_r (or maybe blinken_h_r)
  • MAPPING_someparameter_left_side_FUNCTION -> bfd (0x0D)
  • MAPPING_someparameter_right_side_FUNCTION -> bfd (0x0D)
Or, alternatively, some parameter is using DEPENDENCY values in some way, or some other method we don't know/haven't noted (as part of the stock config) to fire up the center light.

Old 12-28-2021, 03:51 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Why am I thinking backwards lately!! DUH!

Cause the lower bulbs (BL) to blink

Cause the upper bulbs (BFD) to blink

The error went away when mapping ESS blinking away from the turn signal bulbs to brake lights.

I just checked with my GoPro with brake lamps blinking during panic stopping, the turn signals
dont get overridden.

The following users liked this post:
cjv2 (12-29-2021)
Old 12-29-2021, 08:22 AM
cjv2
5th Gear
Why am I thinking backwards lately!! DUH!

Cause the lower bulbs (BL) to blink

Cause the upper bulbs (BFD) to blink

The error went away when mapping ESS blinking away from the turn signal bulbs to brake lights.

I just checked with my GoPro with brake lamps blinking during panic stopping, the turn signals
dont get overridden.
Awesome! Very cool! Now I guess I have to go make my panic stops blink too lol

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Top brake bulb (filament) in left/right tail lamp assemblies - what turns it on?