General Discussion Competiting with the new MINI on track or at a SCCA Solo event.

H2R Half-Sized Half-Day (San Marcos, TX)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009 | 09:31 AM
EBee
|
Neutral
H2R Half-Sized Half-Day (San Marcos, TX)

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to drop a line and let y'all know that we're having a make-specific track day over at our place on August 29th from 2-6pm.

Both new and classic Minis are welcome.

There will be 15 slots available for a four-hour open session (no heats). The event is open to both novices (who will get classroom instruction and ride alongs until they are signed off to run solo) and intermediate/advanced drivers.

Cost is $200 per car.

If you're interested, shoot us an e-mail at info@harrishillroad.com or just sign up over at http://www.clubregistration.net and register under 'Track'->'Harris Hill Road'->'All'

Hope to see you out! We're looking forward to having the biggest Mini-only track day we've ever had.

Cheers,

-Eric

Old 07-28-2009 | 12:36 PM
Alan
4th Gear
This would be a lot more tempting if it would be divided into sessions so that the speed disparity would be less. The poor novice folks will feel like moving chicanes.

H2R is an awesome track for the MINI! Interesting elevation change and fast kinks on the "straights".

Alan

I was there with TDE in April.

Old 07-28-2009 | 12:43 PM
EBee
|
Neutral
Hey Alan,

Our experience with these events this year has been that *if* they fill up, we usually have plenty of room for the varied speeds that transpire.

As long as everyone understands the passing rules, it works out great.

Hope you'll join us for this one or the next one (9/12 HPDE).

Cheers,

-Eric

Old 07-28-2009 | 09:19 PM
TxExige
Neutral
Im a member of H2R and will probably come by to instruct for this event. I can say that 15 cars in an open session should not be a problem. First not all 15 cars will be on track at the same time as some people will get tired and come in while others will stay on track. This normally results in about half the people being on track at once.

For those in the Austin, San Antonio, Houston area this will be a great event and this is a great track for the Mini. Ive driven my 2009 Mini S out there a few times and also one of my students 2006 JCW Mini. Both did really well compared to other types of cars on track.

Old 07-29-2009 | 11:59 AM
mini_racer
5th Gear
And for that matter, some fine driving you did in my car. :^)

This a great track for a MINI to be sure.

Thanks again for the excellent instruction a few weeks back and I will see you on the 12th.

Old 07-29-2009 | 03:39 PM
TxExige
Neutral
Originally Posted by mini_racer
And for that matter, some fine driving you did in my car. :^)

This a great track for a MINI to be sure.

Thanks again for the excellent instruction a few weeks back and I will see you on the 12th.
haha, thats funny, I did not even know you were on the forum here.. You going to come to the event? You were really starting to get things down towards the end of the day and with a bit more seat time, I think you will really start putting down some decent lap times.