General Discussion Competiting with the new MINI on track or at a SCCA Solo event.

SpeedTV Petition

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 09:07 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpeedTV Petition

Fans,

We can not do this without distribution. Please help to distribute this petition. We'll have about 1000 in a 24 hour period but I think we can do better.

Just copy and paste.

Do you want to see more Formula One, WRC, motorcycle and circuit racing on SpeedTV? Then go to the following URL and let your voice be heard. This petition will be distributed to SpeedTV and Fox Broadcasting, and Fox Cable in a sincere effort to make the voice of motorsports fans heard. Distribute the following URL to any and all of your motorsports related forums, put it in your signature, tell your friends, and let your voice be heard!

http://www.petitiononline.com/SpdTV/petition.html

Old 01-19-2006, 09:15 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by sndwave
Fans,

We can not do this without distribution. Please help to distribute this petition. We'll have about 1000 in a 24 hour period but I think we can do better.

Just copy and paste.

Do you want to see more Formula One, WRC, motorcycle and circuit racing on SpeedTV? Then go to the following URL and let your voice be heard. This petition will be distributed to SpeedTV and Fox Broadcasting, and Fox Cable in a sincere effort to make the voice of motorsports fans heard. Distribute the following URL to any and all of your motorsports related forums, put it in your signature, tell your friends, and let your voice be heard!

http://www.petitiononline.com/SpdTV/petition.html
What about DTM, JDM, Australian touring car championship?

Old 01-19-2006, 10:03 AM
Minsian
2nd Gear
Signed!

I think I've seen this before...but regardles something should be said. It seems like they are missing a large viewing demographics by limiting the scope of thie programming.

I know a ton of people who loved watching Speedvision before it turned into NASCAR..i mean...SpeedTV.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:06 AM
JeffS
5th Gear
Online petitions... what a waste of time.

These have been around ever since Fox bought Speed and nothing is going to change.

Bottom line... the advertisers want a mainstream product.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:06 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
I signed it also but added that they should create another channel devoted to NASCAR called what else? NASCAR! Better yet...Left Turn Only Keep Speed pure

Old 03-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Barnabas
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've heard that SpeedTV isn't going to be showing the F1 race down in Florida!!!!! I'm sooooooooooooooo upset by this. Can anyone confirm speedtv actually NOT broadcasting the F1 race in some regions of the country? I know they didn't show the practice laps this morning but rather had infomercials. ugh :(

Old 03-10-2006, 07:32 PM
kurvhugr
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JeffS
Sad, but oh so true.

Originally Posted by MSFITOY
they should create another channel devoted to NASCAR called what else? NASCAR! Better yet...Left Turn Only
I vote for "Red Neck Nation"

Old 03-10-2006, 07:38 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by kurvhugr
Sad, but oh so true.

I vote for "Red Neck Nation"
Yes I is all for segregation

Old 03-10-2006, 07:54 PM
kurvhugr
6th Gear
Red Neck Nation, home of NASCAR, CASCAR, swamp buggies, tractor pulls, monster trucks, ETC......

It's easier to explain the logic of what to get rid of (that is, move to the Redneck Network) than it is to tell them we want more of......everything else.

Old 03-10-2006, 08:03 PM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
informercials

Originally Posted by Barnabas
I know they didn't show the practice laps this morning but rather had infomercials. ugh :(
Sounds like your cable company messing around. Speed DID cover the Practice session, it was on Speed at 6 a.m. I recorded it (off Direct TV) and watched it when I got home... Cable companies will sometimes locally sell time and drop the networks 'off hours'.

Old 03-10-2006, 08:12 PM
SB
6th Gear
Sadly I don't ever see it going anywhere near what it was before NA$CAR took over. I'm suprised wrestling does not have a slot on Speedtv.

I'm glad I have something to remember what Speedvison was originally about.

Old 03-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Thameth
5th Gear
I've heard that SpeedTV isn't going to be showing the F1 race down in Florida!!!!! I'm sooooooooooooooo upset by this. Can anyone confirm speedtv actually NOT broadcasting the F1 race in some regions of the country? I know they didn't show the practice laps this morning but rather had infomercials. ugh :(
I'm in Broward County with Adelphia Digital Cable and recorded the Practice session this morning with no problem. Actually the only problem was that the damn practice ran long and my ******* forgot to add extra time to the recording so i probably missed the last 15 min of the session....

Old 03-10-2006, 08:43 PM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Hmmm.

I wonder if this is the problem, cable companies pre empting the F1 coverage with something else for some of you. I was curious about the 'more F1' petition. Now, they don't carry anywhere near the amount of chat and discussion shows on any other series like they do on NASCAR... But I still get a Friday show on the 2nd practice session, the Saturday qualifying show, and the race. Plus I assume they'll restart F1 decade where they show a old race, plus 'Inside F1' a magazine style show on F1 (which is not to my liking but YMMV). Considering how many of my fellow Americans are NASCAR fans vs. how many even know what F1 is, I count myself pretty lucky.

Of course I'm old enough to remember before Speed when the only F1 coverage was on the Wide World of Sports and it was spotty coverage of a race mixed in with bowling or something. And even then only of a few races.

My biggest complaint is when for the Indy and Monte Carlo race they bow to ABC or whoever and ABC runs it with their 'NASCAR' quality commentators. "No folks, the fenders didn't fall off they're called 'open wheel' cars" The mainstream network has carried those two the past couple years and the commentators were terrible. But even then to make up for it they usually cover it later in the week on Speed with Matchet and Hobbs...

If some of you aren't getting all that I'd check the Speed channel web site show listings / schedule against your local listings...

Old 03-10-2006, 10:30 PM
06_SuprCooper
2nd Gear
Less NASCAR.

Old 03-11-2006, 01:41 AM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
6am is when it scheduled 1:20 away

Old 04-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Lobo6
1st Gear
A Just Cause

Hello, I am new to this site, but not new to MCS ownership or motorsports in general.(I track my cars) I have signed the petition with every e-mail address I have. To the nay sayers who believe it is a waste of time I say don't sign the petition and also do not ever complain about seeing Na$car 24/7 ever again. You have lost your "license" to gripe about Speed TV because you did not vote. Seems like WRC is gone, can't find 5th Gear any more. Porsche Super Cup Euro series seems to ne gone. (not that it was ever more than a few half hour episodes to begin with). Please sign the petition...we have nothing to loose.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Thameth
5th Gear
5th Gear is still airing on speed but i'm not sure if they have any new episodes...

If you want to watch the newest 5th and Top Gears check out www.FinalGear.com .

The new season of 5th Gear starts TODAY in the UK. Should be availible for download sometime tonight.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Lobo6
1st Gear
Thank You

Appreciate the link. Still doesn't change my Speed TV rant though. So sign the petition folks.

Yours in motorsports, Lobo6

Old 04-09-2006, 11:16 AM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
There may be a light at the end of the tunnel. At the AMVIV banquet, Phil Wicks anounced a TV package for the NAMCC on a SpeedTV spin-off channel. I didn't catch if he gave a name for the channel or not, but it bodes well for a new outlet for this type of racing.

Old 04-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Coop d'etat
4th Gear
Originally Posted by JeffS
Online petitions... what a waste of time.

These have been around ever since Fox bought Speed and nothing is going to change.

I remember filling one out right at the takeover, and we had a ton of sigs....obviously you can see the results...

This year alone: No WRC, and no more interviews after the MOTO GP races

Old 04-18-2006, 07:23 AM
RenaultF1
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Coop d'etat
This year alone: No WRC, and no more interviews after the MOTO GP races
Speed showed formal interviews for MotoGP after Jerez...just not after Qatar. I think it had something to do with the fact that the press coral was outside (similar to Laguna Seca). They had interviews at Qatar, but not the formal sit down kind and if I remember you could only hear them and not see them.

Old 05-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Hyper!!!Blue!!!
3rd Gear
I think they only show the interviews for MotoGP if there is enough time. Some races they do, others they do not, but 1 hour sucks anyways, it should be an hour and a half and shown live like F1 is.

I miss Legends of Motorsport with David Hobbs, I wish they would make some more of those too.

Old 05-21-2006, 11:28 AM
COR BLMY
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think they should just do 1 ESPN for NASCAR
and leave all the other racing (read ... good racing) on another !

I heard rumor that there was gong to be another ESPN (I think Z or X) they mentoined at at the Phil Wicks class / Mini race in Vegas. Appariently Phill Wicks has signed a contract with them.