General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparkling Silver Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:46 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlynG
Hello All,

I just ordered today! MC SS/B with bonnet, manual, sport.

It's going to be a long summer waiting for it to get here.

Flyn G
welcome and great choice in color...

Old 05-15-2008, 08:59 PM
dgrosch
2nd Gear
This may have been mentioned but I will ask any way. Does anybody know if there is a SS badge?

Old 05-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Avril
1st Gear
Hi folks, I was gonna go to a MINI showroom yesterday after work to see the SS again but when I heard that my MINI is waiting to be put on a boat to be shipped to Ireland from the UK, I told myself to quit worrying and remember when I first saw it and fell in love with the colour!

Also, seeing the pics on this site of you guys' SS MINIs, they all look fab and I don't know why I'm being so paranoid! Anyway! It should be in Ireland in a few weeks so roll on :D

Old 05-16-2008, 09:20 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Does yours change colour a lot for the worse? Or do you need to wash it regularly to keep it sparkling so to speak! We really need an "I've just ordered an SS & am paranoid about the colour" support group!! [/quote]

I'm there with you on the "paranoid about the color" support group. but from what i'm reading, i guess keeping it clean is the trick!
with this said - "I get the garage!!!" hahahaha

Old 05-16-2008, 09:25 AM
dgrosch
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Does yours change colour a lot for the worse? Or do you need to wash it regularly to keep it sparkling so to speak! We really need an "I've just ordered an SS & am paranoid about the colour" support group!!

I'm there with you on the "paranoid about the color" support group. but from what i'm reading, i guess keeping it clean is the trick!
with this said - "I get the garage!!!" hahahaha[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it can get kind of ugly when it is dirty. I wash mine every week to keep it sparkling. I have also noticed why they call it "Sparkling Silver". I was walking to my car in a parking garage and it didn't even look like mine because it looked silver. That just makes the color all that better.

So my advise, wash it a lot!!!

Old 05-16-2008, 10:03 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
yeah i think washing it is the trick.
My sister in law called me and said she saw one in a parking lot and wanted to know what color it was, beige, green or gold! I said Gold of course!

Old 05-18-2008, 03:47 AM
Avril
1st Gear
Ok I'll take yer advice so and wash it regularly Hopefully it will look fab all the time then! I just didn't really want to get any other colour because here in Dublin you see black, red, blue, cream and silver MINIs ALL the time so I wanted a bit of individuality with mine

Old 05-19-2008, 06:17 PM
gotmoxie
2nd Gear
When it arrives - you must post a photo! I've been moved back from Week 22 to Week 23; I need all the "fixes" I can get of SS MINIS!

Sláinte!

Old 05-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Axela
2nd Gear
I ordered mine May 9th, but it's scheduled to go production Week 23 as well... maybe they are working out all the bugs?

I can't wait...

Old 05-19-2008, 07:52 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
I ordered on May 10th....but I don't have a production date.....I'm still in the "on order" category. You think it's safe to assume I'll be around Week 23-24? It needs to get here already b/c I can't deal with all of this hype anymore....

Ok I'll admit it. I'm addicted to NAM.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:59 PM
JGS
3rd Gear
In production now....

Old 05-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Axela
2nd Gear
Did you call 1-866-ASK-MINI? MINI owner's lounge still indicated "On Order", but the customer representative told me that it's going on production Week23. It is still 3 weeks after I ordererd it, which I find late. I was told that the car should arrive either late June or early July. I'm in NY as well...

Old 05-19-2008, 08:22 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by toolazyforalogin
I ordered on May 10th....but I don't have a production date.....I'm still in the "on order" category. You think it's safe to assume I'll be around Week 23-24? It needs to get here already b/c I can't deal with all of this hype anymore....

Ok I'll admit it. I'm addicted to NAM.
ok we now need to start an "Addicted to NAM" thread. My husband is getting so upset with me spending so much time learning everything i can about the MINI. I'm on this site on my lunch break and as soon as i walk in the door!

I ordered "Nugget" on 5/10 also.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:26 AM
Avril
1st Gear
Originally Posted by gotmoxie
When it arrives - you must post a photo! I've been moved back from Week 22 to Week 23; I need all the "fixes" I can get of SS MINIS!

Sláinte!
Oh I'll definitely post some photos of my brand new Cooper! Everytime I see a MINI on the road now I wonder what it'll be like driving in one rather than just seeing them around all the time. I haven't seen a s/silver MINI in weeks and I see quite a good few blacks, reds, blues & p/whites every morning. Really looking forward to it now

Old 05-20-2008, 09:41 AM
RussKeys
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Avril
Oh I'll definitely post some photos of my brand new Cooper! Everytime I see a MINI on the road now I wonder what it'll be like driving in one rather than just seeing them around all the time. I haven't seen a s/silver MINI in weeks and I see quite a good few blacks, reds, blues & p/whites every morning. Really looking forward to it now

My dealer has had several Sparkling Silver Minis over the past few months and they have all sold but I've yet to see one on the street. In the few weeks I've had mine, I've received nothing but compliments on the color. Yes, they really are a blast to drive (even the automatics ) I was like you a few weeks ago wondering what it would be like. Now I can gladly say it was worth the long 8 week wait.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:43 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
i have seen other colors in my area, but not one Sparkling Silver.... by the time my comes in I hope I'm still the first one!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 09:57 AM
MINI_88
1st Gear
ok we now need to start an "Addicted to NAM" thread. My husband is getting so upset with me spending so much time learning everything i can about the MINI. I'm on this site on my lunch break and as soon as i walk in the door!

I ordered "Nugget" on 5/10 also.
Originally Posted by Axela
Did you call 1-866-ASK-MINI? MINI owner's lounge still indicated "On Order", but the customer representative told me that it's going on production Week23. It is still 3 weeks after I ordererd it, which I find late. I was told that the car should arrive either late June or early July. I'm in NY as well...
ok, I'm addicted too. At least that's what my wife says.

In Canada we can't monitor our cars progress from on order to being built through shipment. I'm wondering if perhaps that's better than knowing. Either way, it'll arrive when it arrives...

My SS/B MCSa should arrive in late June. In the meantime, there's always NAM!

Old 05-22-2008, 08:55 PM
gotmoxie
2nd Gear
According to Ask MINI today, early this morning my SS Clubman started being built. It has been odd - we were told Week 22, then Week 23, now I guess it's technically with the Week 21 MINIS?! My OL info has no VIN and still lists us as "On order" - I didn't expect the wild ride to start until AFTER I started driving my MINI...

My husband & I are now both addicted to NAM like a lifeline... The anticipation is only making the impending arrival that much sweeter!

Old 05-23-2008, 02:03 PM
FlynG
1st Gear
Mine was moved up too. I was told to expect a 1st week of June build date but it was finishing QC yesterday. What a surprise!

Old 05-23-2008, 02:09 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I called Ask MINI for the first time today, trying to be patient. I didn't speak to a person, just animation voice. My Nugget is still on order! Wonder if that is reading the same information as the website. Should I be talking to a human to get a better update? Any suggestions?

Old 05-23-2008, 02:10 PM
()()==
2nd Gear
I just received my SS/B MCS on Wednesday. The sparkling silver looks *very* nice. I had forgotten how great it looks in real life. Photographs don't capture the shimmer very well. I'm happy as can be.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:26 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
congrats on you new baby. I'm glad you used the word "shimmer", that is what i'm hoping for. Enjoy!

Old 05-24-2008, 12:41 AM
()()==
2nd Gear
congrats on you new baby. I'm glad you used the word "shimmer", that is what i'm hoping for. Enjoy!
Thanks! Or maybe "glow" is a better word. But whichever word is more apt, I bet you're going to love it. Congratulations to you too.

I'm just going to add a couple more thoughts here. I was looking at the paint in the sun today. Has anybody else seen the green --> violet rainbow? Has this already been talked about to death?

Last edited by ()()==; 05-25-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Avril
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ()()==
I just received my SS/B MCS on Wednesday. The sparkling silver looks *very* nice. I had forgotten how great it looks in real life. Photographs don't capture the shimmer very well. I'm happy as can be.
Post some pics! I'm delighted to hear you say "I had forgotten how great it looks in real life". I just need to get my SS/B sooner rather than later, I need it now now NOW!!

Old 05-29-2008, 10:57 AM
pine1
1st Gear
Got it his week!

Took delivery of my 08 MCS with steptronic! Can't write about it too much, I get sudden urges to go driving...
Wish me luck! T.

Attached Thumbnails Sparkling Silver Owners Club-mcsss2.jpg   Sparkling Silver Owners Club-mcsss3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Sparkling Silver Owners Club