General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparkling Silver Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Rob490
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
Congratulations! Now we need either details or pictures or both!
Details:

Used 2008 MCa Sparkling Silver

12000 driven (repoed from previous owner)

Premium package (hifi,moonroof,auto AC)

Upgraded 16 inch Bridge Spokes

White Roof/Mirrors with Aftermarket Bonnets

Fog Lamps

Armrest

Bluetooth/USB adapter

Window sticker (as new)- 23995

Dealer wanted (as used)- 20000

Agreed on 18500 with 6%

Old 10-17-2009, 06:31 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Rob490
Details:

Used 2008 MCa Sparkling Silver

12000 driven (repoed from previous owner)

Premium package (hifi,moonroof,auto AC)

Upgraded 16 inch Bridge Spokes

White Roof/Mirrors with Aftermarket Bonnets

Fog Lamps

Armrest

Bluetooth/USB adapter

Window sticker (as new)- 23995

Dealer wanted (as used)- 20000

Agreed on 18500 with 6%
Sounds nice! Too bad for the previous owner who lost it, but it sounds like it found a good, new home (just make those payments, you don't want your car getting a complex).

Old 10-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Mr Mininerva
Neutral
Mr Mininerva

Hey! Nice to see you here! That is one nice car you have there (the other car in the photo is ok, I suppose ). Anyhow, welcome.
Hi all,

I'm "Mr. Mininerva" and am the owner of the navigator's seat in a MY07 Sparkling Silver MCS and I hope you guys will allow me into the SS Club. I own the driver's seat in the above pictured Porsche and I have to say the MINI Cooper S is an absolutely hoot to drive. I got a lot of time behind the wheel on this past week's trip to the Virginia mountains and I do believe the MINI is more fun to drive than my Porsche, not as fast overall, but bunches of fun through the twisties, that's fer'sure.

Anyway, way too kool car!

Old 10-18-2009, 08:34 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Welcome to the club! Being in the navigator's seat in a SS is better than nothing. It's always nice to hear other car owners talking about how fun the MINI is. We're all glad you like them too, and its neat how so many people end up getting one for themselves too.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:18 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
My car looks like new again! Just got the sport stripes redone at the dealer under warranty. so now they are all black and shiny like when I first got it.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:49 PM
booktrout
3rd Gear
Sparkling Silver O.C.

Cool!
That was covered under warranty?

How about some Pics?

Old 11-05-2009, 05:38 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by booktrout
Cool!
That was covered under warranty?

How about some Pics?

Amazingly enough, they were covered under warranty. I went in to schedule an appointment for something else and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask if they'd replace my stripes. I almost fell over when they said they would replace them one time and one time only at no charge. I don't have any pics since the replacement (and now its dark out, so can't take any now), but this is from when the stripes still looked good, and is also how they look now:

Name:  IMG_0875.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  101.6 KB

BTW, the front of my car doesn't look like this anymore either. This was before they removed the license plate bracket that I told them not to drill holes into my bumper for but they did anyway. So they agreed to have their body shop fill the holes and repaint the entire thing, then I had a guy from our local MINI club (go West Coast MINI!!!) put on one of his custom-made front license plate mounts where the tow-hook goes.

They even replaced the stripes on the back:

Name:  IMG_0878.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  88.6 KB

Oddly enough, the back of my car doesn't look like this anymore either, since they swapped out my exhaust tips (without even informing me) because of the dumb people who were getting burned by them. I miss those tips; the new ones are too short, IMO. Stupid dumb people!

Oh, I almost forgot! I got 2 new MINI badges because when I went to get the car I noticed the body shop hadn't put them back on. So my poor car was sitting there with no MINI logos on the outside! My SA didn't even notice, so when I told him I saw my car sitting out there and it wasn't done, he didn't know what I was talking about. It took him a second to figure it out, and once he did he called the parts department and got 2 new ones and popped them on for me.

But anyhow.....
I am happy with how my service went. Got a new center armrest under warranty too (no more sliding open on its own, yay!!) Got a new passenger door puddle light (the old one seems to have mysteriously disappeared somehow). Got my sunroof sunshade fixed so no more creeping back on its own (for now at least). Also got an oil change, brake flush, standard scope and micro filter.

And next week we go on a road trip up to Pismo Beach, CA with our group. Woo hoo! 3 days of twisties!

Old 11-05-2009, 06:52 PM
booktrout
3rd Gear
Sparkling Silver O.C.

Wow, Cool MINI!
Thanks for the post.
The stripes look awsome.
Have fun on the trip.

Last edited by booktrout; 11-06-2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:00 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Checking with a moderator....

I never really noticed before that this club's thread is located in the "coupe" section, so I'm asking if we can get moved to General MINI talk. I wonder if we've missed out on some cabrio and Clubman owners just because of where we are? I hope not!

Old 11-05-2009, 08:13 PM
kalililly
3rd Gear
minicooperwill - car looks great. We've got our SS coming in a couple of weeks. Right now aboard the Don Carlos south of Mexico. Should be in Port Hueneme by the 11th. Then we have to wait for it to be trucked to Colorado. It's been a long wait, ordered back the first of August.

Wife really likes the sport stripes and your car shows them off very nicely

Old 11-05-2009, 09:06 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kalililly
minicooperwill - car looks great. We've got our SS coming in a couple of weeks. Right now aboard the Don Carlos south of Mexico. Should be in Port Hueneme by the 11th. Then we have to wait for it to be trucked to Colorado. It's been a long wait, ordered back the first of August.

Wife really likes the sport stripes and your car shows them off very nicely
Thank you very much! The pics are almost 2 years old now, but like I said, from those angles it really hasn't changed much except as noted. I love my stripes and my entire car.

Your wait has been VERY long!! You ordered the first part of August and are still waiting? What's the holdup? You can see from my signature that my timeline was much shorter. At least the end is in sight though, right? I'm sure you'd go to the VDC and drive the car to Colorado yourself if they'd let you!

Old 11-06-2009, 06:51 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Look, everyone!

I never really noticed before that this club's thread is located in the "coupe" section, so I'm asking if we can get moved to General MINI talk. I wonder if we've missed out on some cabrio and Clubman owners just because of where we are? I hope not!
We've been moved to a more appropriate forum: General MINI talk!

Now, all the cabrio and Clubman owners should feel more welcome and find us easier now that we aren't under the coupe forum anymore.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:51 AM
bballplaya210
2nd Gear
I saw a sparkling silver with red leather interior on the way home from work today and it looked surprisingly good. It sounds like an odd combo but its unique and looks good.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:38 PM
kalililly
3rd Gear
Thank you very much! The pics are almost 2 years old now, but like I said, from those angles it really hasn't changed much except as noted. I love my stripes and my entire car.

Your wait has been VERY long!! You ordered the first part of August and are still waiting? What's the holdup? You can see from my signature that my timeline was much shorter. At least the end is in sight though, right? I'm sure you'd go to the VDC and drive the car to Colorado yourself if they'd let you!
The whole HK issue. We were originally told we might not get Fiona until Jan or Feb so anything sooner is cool!!! Actually someone else had mentioned going to the VDC but we had to assure them that that wouldn't happen. So we sit twiddling our thumbs and watching Don Carlos make that long agonizing trip across the pond, a few stops, down to Panama and now the slow trip up the west coast

Old 11-06-2009, 03:50 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kalililly
The whole HK issue. We were originally told we might not get Fiona until Jan or Feb so anything sooner is cool!!! Actually someone else had mentioned going to the VDC but we had to assure them that that wouldn't happen. So we sit twiddling our thumbs and watching Don Carlos make that long agonizing trip across the pond, a few stops, down to Panama and now the slow trip up the west coast
Hmmm. I wasn't aware of any HK issue. But at least its resolved and your baby is almost home!

Old 11-13-2009, 09:09 PM
rowebacon
1st Gear
Here's a few photos that I took a few weeks back of my Sparkling Silver:

Old 11-15-2009, 05:31 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Very sharplooking car, Rowebacon! It looks so familiar for some reason... oh, that's right! It looks a lot like mine.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:00 AM
BunsenH
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm late arriving to the SS club meeting, but here are my credentials. (I need to get some 'dressier' photos.)

Old 11-16-2009, 07:09 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Welcome to both BunsenH and Maxwell (the truly "Smart" car!).

Old 11-17-2009, 08:06 PM
T8rChick
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BunsenH
I'm late arriving to the SS club meeting, but here are my credentials. (I need to get some 'dressier' photos.)

He looks great!

Old 12-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Umlaut
Neutral
SS rules!

SS fans...glad to be here!

Here's the "purchased as" out of stock in Munich, and then a few "afters" with new rims and tint once I got it back to the US...still need to order flat black viper stripes from AC...

"Umlaut"

Sparkling Silver Owners Club-before.jpg
Sparkling Silver Owners Club-windmill.jpg
Sparkling Silver Owners Club-rims.jpg

Old 12-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Umlaut
Neutral
Need to put original (bigger) pics from my laptop...these are wee-tiny!

Dang!

Old 12-01-2009, 10:11 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Umlaut
Need to put original (bigger) pics from my laptop...these are wee-tiny!

Dang!
Well, if one were to click on the pics, then they are much larger.

That's a nice looking Clubman. The wheels look good too. I had checked out Motegi because I was wanting black with a silver lip and not too many/few spokes. I like how the spokes extend beyond the silver lip on yours (although I am very happy with the Tenzo wheels I ended up going with too!).

Be sure to add more (bigger) pics when you get those stripes on. I love my sport stripes.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:27 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Merry Christmas, fellow SS owners!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my fellow Sparkling Silver Owners! So far this Christmas, the best present I've got is a t-shirt from CafePress which has the Sparkling Silver Owners' Club badge on it (about 12" across!)

Old 12-25-2009, 09:40 AM
zemina
3rd Gear
I already knew that there is a Sparkling Silver Owners club in here, but after I got the NEW MINI S I totally forgot about it so I post a few pics today. We got our new MINI S on 11/27 though. My wife really love the MINI S

Quick Reply: Sparkling Silver Owners Club