General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparkling Silver Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rally@StanceDesign
If a french names bothers them...imagine how they feel about the french engine
And it could be argued that it is really a German car, but for marketing purposes, it's the British heritage that counts. Paint color names are 100% marketing.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:50 AM
donato
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CHECK OUT MY GALLERY!!!

Finally took pictures of my car that I picked up Monday night!!! Check gallery.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:38 AM
BunsenH
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi SS owners,

Just took delivery on 3/12/08. I hope that this gets me past the velvet rope of the Sparkling Silver Club!

Last edited by BunsenH; 03-21-2008 at 05:35 AM. Reason: fixed picture
Old 03-20-2008, 02:06 PM
jimmiejo
1st Gear
New SS owner

Picked it up yesterday in Tampa. Count me in.
Winter Haven, FL.
Jim

Old 03-20-2008, 02:26 PM
VintageMac
2nd Gear
Count us in!

We just picked up "Wanda" on Tuesday. Portland, Oregon.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Quesera
5th Gear
Count me in too! We took delivery March 15. Congratulations to all you new and veteran Sparkling Silver owners.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:36 AM
BunsenH
6th Gear
Is there a "Club Badge" for SS Cabrio's? Where can I "steal" one?

Thanks

Old 03-22-2008, 08:34 AM
bradclark
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BunsenH
Hi SS owners,

Just took delivery on 3/12/08. I hope that this gets me past the velvet rope of the Sparkling Silver Club!

That's one sharp looking cabrio! Mine should look almost identical to yours, except with black sport stripes. We're hoping to take delivery on Tuesday! Can't wait!

Old 03-22-2008, 09:23 AM
BunsenH
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bradclark
That's one sharp looking cabrio! Mine should look almost identical to yours, except with black sport stripes. We're hoping to take delivery on Tuesday! Can't wait!
Thanks,,,,,That picture was the only time the top has been down in 10 days of ownership! When will spring arrive for us Northerners?

Enjoy your 'Coming Home Day'

Old 03-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Quesera
5th Gear
We've been fortunate to have had several perfect top-down days since we took delivery a week ago. Oddly, we also had the first rain in about six months this week. I hope it'll be a pleasant spring for us, as well as for our aquifer.

Here's the rush job picture. We'll have to have an official portrait sitting soon.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:07 PM
HB4ME
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bradclark
Only if your wearing your spandex tube top and F*** me pumps

Old 03-23-2008, 08:46 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Wouldn't it be sweet if we got a SS group photo at AMVIV (for those of use going)? All those sexy Sparkling Silver cars in one place! HOT!

Old 03-23-2008, 10:38 AM
HB4ME
2nd Gear
I'll be there, and my friend with her SS also.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:12 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HB4ME
I'll be there, and my friend with her SS also.
That makes at least 3 of us then.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:56 PM
RussKeys
2nd Gear
For starters, this forum is addicting but a welcome place while I wait for my 08 SS/SS MCa. I placed my order on March 1. I love this color. My dealer had several SS on the lot but none of them had all the packages on them so I ended up ordering. I got my production # and build date a few days after ordering. My car was completed on March 14. Been in "Awaiting Transport" status since then . I was wondering how some folks have found out more details info on what stage their Mini was at during the order and wait period. My MA told me what day my car would be built and the info was right on. I've seen postings here where people knew when their car was in the paint booth and even what boat their car is being shipped on. On the day my car was being built the status in the Owner's Lounge showed Awaiting Production" all day and then by the end of the day changed to "Awaiting Production." How have some of you acquired more detailed info? I can't wait til my car gets here. I'm looking forward to filling up less often and having some fun on my 30 mile commute to work.

Last edited by RussKeys; 03-24-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:59 PM
HB4ME
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
That makes at least 3 of us then.
Assuming all cars will be on the Red Rock run or another event, we could gather at that time. Come on, let's have some SS pride

Old 03-24-2008, 06:00 PM
HB4ME
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RussKeys
For starters, this forum is addicting but a welcome place while I wait for my SS/SS 08 MCa. I placed my order on March 1. I love this color. My dealer had several SS on the lot but none of them had all the packages on them so I ended up ordering. I got my production # and build date a few days after ordering. My car was completed on March 14. Been in "Awaiting Transport" status since then . I was wondering how some folks have found out more details info on what stage their Mini was at during the order and wait period. My MA told me what day my car would be built and the info was right on. I've seen postings here where people knew when their car was in the paint booth and even what boat their car is being shipped on. On the day my car was being built the status in the Owner's Lounge showed Awaiting Production" all day and then by the end of the day changed to "Awaiting Production." How have some of you acquired more detailed info? I can't wait til my car gets here. I'm looking forward to filling up less often and having some fun on my 30 mile commute to work.
Congratulations
You made a wise choice

Old 03-24-2008, 06:52 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RussKeys
I was wondering how some folks have found out more details info on what stage their Mini was at during the order and wait period. My MA told me what day my car would be built and the info was right on. I've seen postings here where people knew when their car was in the paint booth and even what boat their car is being shipped on. On the day my car was being built the status in the Owner's Lounge showed Awaiting Production" all day and then by the end of the day changed to "Awaiting Production." How have some of you acquired more detailed info? I can't wait til my car gets here. I'm looking forward to filling up less often and having some fun on my 30 mile commute to work.
There is a whole thread about how to track your MINI through production, shipping, etc. It is a sticky, in the First Gear forum, I think third one down, called "How to track your MINI"

Congrats on making a great color choice!

BTW, the Oxygen Blue Owners Club has almost 4 times the posts we do, and about 4x the page views. And we know our color is far superior, so come on!!

Old 03-24-2008, 08:24 PM
oldbimmercoupe
1st Gear
best color/worst name

any SS club needs to start with re-naming the stupid SS itself!! stunning color and absolutely no relationship to "silver" - that is my theory as to why this color "club" is slow to get going - we all have to explain the damn color name waaaaay too often.

did I mention it is the best color out there (albeit with wheel arches painted to body color and hypersport kit). yow!!
obc
onward thru the fog

Attached Thumbnails Sparkling Silver Owners Club-mini-at-last.jpg  

Last edited by oldbimmercoupe; 03-24-2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: oops - forgot to attach image!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Quesera
5th Gear
Originally Posted by oldbimmercoupe
any SS club needs to start with re-naming the stupid SS itself!! stunning color and absolutely no relationship to "silver" - that is my theory as to why this color "club" is slow to get going - we all have to explain the damn color name waaaaay too often.
Random thoughts on Sparkling Silver aka SS:

I thought you might be concerned that people might mistake SS as some kind of Hitler reference.

My initials are SS.

My insurance agent saw the fabled olive green tint in the Sparkling Silver when she came outside to inspect it sunny last Monday.

My wife is just glad it's not red. (She's also colorblind)

My mom loved the color and she's got a champagne colored Cadillac. That worries me.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:39 PM
pyskacz
3rd Gear

Sparkling Champagne is our go-to description of the Sparkling Silver (her R56) to the uninitiated, non-kool-aid-drinking masses.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:20 PM
RussKeys
2nd Gear
[quote=minicooperwill;2116778]There is a whole thread about how to track your MINI through production, shipping, etc. It is a sticky, in the First Gear forum, I think third one down, called "How to track your MINI"

Congrats on making a great color choice!

Thanks for the info Will Hopefully I'll be able to find out if my baby is on da' boat.

As for the color, it was a no brainer for me. I've always wanted a Mini but it wasn't until I saw a Sparkling Silver one that I decided it was time to go for it.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:49 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
You're welcome, Russ. Once you see your very own MINI in SS, you'll love the color even more.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:29 PM
T8rChick
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
Wouldn't it be sweet if we got a SS group photo at AMVIV (for those of use going)? All those sexy Sparkling Silver cars in one place! HOT!

Any other wonderful SS MINIs going to the Dragon?

Old 03-26-2008, 03:48 PM
dgrosch
2nd Gear
We should all take a picture together in Vegas at one of the runs.

Quick Reply: Sparkling Silver Owners Club