General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoyed at my dealers service dept

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Sin MINI
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Annoyed at my dealers service dept

Reached one year on my car but (per the computer) was still 1750 miles from needing engine service. Called and they said, yes bring it in. I also need some clutch work (the dreaded "Chewbacca" growl) and the MFSW airbag replaced as the logo became seriously bent after using the horn (just me or is that a really bad design). Took day off from work to combine this with several other "honey-do's" and got up early to take car in.

Once I got there they told me they couldn't do the engine service (too early) but would do a low mileage oil change (didn't see the point if I'm taking it back in next month), and oh by the way the manager was out and only he could approve the air bag change...which was precisely why called the day before so they could arrange anything needed in advance!!

Grrr...

Old 11-18-2007, 01:10 PM
owtcast
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I would of asked for my key back and said to call me when they are ready to do all of it at the same time. That sounds like it was just a ploy to charge you twice.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:01 PM
harley0711
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
This is WHY I always get a name of who I talked to and make damn sure we are both on the same page.... Must of us do not live close to these dealers....

Old 01-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Sin MINI
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by owtcast
I think I would of asked for my key back and said to call me when they are ready to do all of it at the same time. That sounds like it was just a ploy to charge you twice.
Exactly what I did. When I did take it in last week, they refused to swap the airbag under warranty because they claim it wasn't covered. The MINI servce rep proceeded to tell (and show) me that the horn isn't in the middle but rather on the sides, hence the damage was due to misuse and therefore not covered. Guess he hasn't read the owners manual where on page 12 it clearly shows the horn in the middle of the steering wheel.

I have to take it back anyway becasue the clutch kit had to be ordered so I get to have round two.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Brian G.
Coordinator :: MINIkota Car Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had my airbag replaced twice under warranty. They're feeding you a line.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:37 PM
the platform
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sin MINI
Reached one year on my car but (per the computer) was still 1750 miles from needing engine service. Called and they said, yes bring it in. I also need some clutch work (the dreaded "Chewbacca" growl) and the MFSW airbag replaced as the logo became seriously bent after using the horn (just me or is that a really bad design). Took day off from work to combine this with several other "honey-do's" and got up early to take car in.

Once I got there they told me they couldn't do the engine service (too early) but would do a low mileage oil change (didn't see the point if I'm taking it back in next month), and oh by the way the manager was out and only he could approve the air bag change...which was precisely why called the day before so they could arrange anything needed in advance!!

Grrr...
It's not you!
My "wings" are bent also!
-only 17,000 mi. on car
-clearly a design flaw
-I often feel there is a conspiratorial agenda which allows for the minimum done for any given situation.
Service?,ya