General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official Week 27 Alumni Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Tex Susbo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Official Week 27 Alumni Thread

Greetings all Week 27 Alumni,

Now that most of us (hopefully even you west-coasters) have our cars and have been motoring for a while ( ) I thought it was time to start regaling your fellow MINI-ites with your fun adventures.

Me, I've got a MINI adventure to the Texas Hill Country planned for mid-September. Anyone from Houston/Austin/SA is welcome to join. I'm really looking forward to stretching Bob's legs and letting it all hang out (well not ALL, but you know what I mean).

Old 08-14-2008, 07:09 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm not sure you're allowed over here unless you've posted pics!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:26 PM
minipsych
2nd Gear
I've been too busy motoring to take pictures! I really should though since I've bathed (as opposed to the mundane wash) her four times and waxed once. She is a real beauty!

I don't have any motoring trips planned. My mom is fighting the "Big C" as she calls it and has surgery later this month. She has a rare, indolent lymphoma and is expected to make a full recovery. She is still my mom and I'm sticking close to home until she is done with all treatments. My motoring trips include motoring the 4+ hours to see her!

I am in love though with everything about my Mini! In love! She is a pampered and soon to be spoiled mini cooper!

Old 08-15-2008, 04:57 AM
nclin
2nd Gear
I posted my pics right after I got Stella Blue because she is everything and more than I expected. After three weeks I've already motored 1800 miles. Unbelievable! My only problem is an airbag warning light that needs to be reset.

I have yet to see another Clubman on the road up here in NH.

Thanks for starting the week 27 Alumni thread!

Old 08-15-2008, 06:08 AM
tkbcruiser
1st Gear
Great to hear everyone got hooked up with the coolest car ever!

I don't have pics yet but I will soon.....

I flew from so tex to Chicago and picked up my clubman August 4- I started out Tues morning and made it to Tulsa by 8 PM, then on to Dallas and CC by 9 PM Wed. 1400 miles in the first 3 days!!! Each one was better. This car did so well on the long drive. I was surprised at how comfortable it was. I'm so happy with this car !!!!!

Last weekend we did a trip to Austin, and that's probably all the long trips for now.

I was going to name my car Rascal, but after the drive back to Texas, its new name is Eighty

Old 08-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Tex Susbo
2nd Gear
A car with Gusto

Great little story . . .

On my way to the dealer this morning to pick up the plates. My route to the dealer includes a fairly long straight on a frontage road along a freeway. Early Saturday morning, not much traffic, so it was a perfect time to see what Bob can do in a straight line.

As fate would have it, I pull up right behind a red Corvette. I figure he's thinking the same thing I am, so I decide to see just what Bob can do. As we wait for the light, I go through a pre-launch checklist:

A/C--Set to off
Sport mode--set to ON
Right foot--extra heavy

As the light turns, I dump the clutch and Bob shoots off. I catch the vette driver casting me a glance in his mirror. No doubt he was a bit distracted by the huge grin on my face.

He starts to pull away, so I push into the throttle more, clutch, and shift. I actually begin to close in on the vette!! By now, I'm in third and still hanging with the vette. Unfortunately, I'm approaching the dealer, so I ease up and let him go.

Still, I was pretty happy. Bob did a great job of holding his own and it was quite a thrill running with a vette.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:31 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Baad things. These cars make you do baaaaaaad things.