General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crevier MINI - WORST service EVER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 09:21 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by thecigarman
I worked all my life in service positions and let me suggest some ideas to have yourself heard.

I agree with this because cars do get damaged in shipment and are repaired prior to delivery. The first rule of complaints is credibility. Find out if repairs were done and then go to another dealer and have them do an estimate before you complain to MINI or anyone else. (Facts, Facts, Facts)

I would write MINI coprorate a letter (a letter is forever, an e-mail is too casual a way to make a serious complaint) that states the facts (including the info about prior damage and the estimate). Send the letter certified mail or at least with delivery confirmation. Send it to a particular person (look on the site and pick out an VP or regional Manager as a target.)

Don't editorialize or rant, but rather express concern and confusion as to why this is happening with a new car, ask for assistance in fixing this problem, and if possible, even include a little humor; you seem to be good at it, so develop it. Mention each dealership you dealt with (delivery/sales, repairs and the estimate.)

Make certain you include the fact that you are having your first experience with MINI and also your future interest in owning MINIs. Ask what your recourse may be and what your coverage is for the situation.

Good luck
Very true, good advice! Damage occurs, be concise and clear, don't dramatize - good luck!

Old 01-09-2009, 07:22 AM
ronnie948
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do not let this just go by.

Write to BMW, Mini USA, E-Mail all of your television news channels and most important is for you to notify the better business agency in your area as well as write the attorny general of your state.
If people don't follow through with their complaints these dealers will just continue with their crooked practices.
You as well as I know that that dealer is going to be paid by Mini/BMW for the repair and the $1,100 from you will be extra pocket $$$$ for them.
The largest GM/Chevy dealer in the country was put into total bankrupcy by being sued so many times for cheating customers. It took a while but it finely cought up to them. (Bill Heard) They owe out a lot of $$$$ to the people they cheated.
They are lucky that it was you and not me because I do not let crap like that pass by without a good fight. It does not cost any more then a couple of stamps and some time on the computer or phone to really ruin their lives. just be sure you are totaly truthful and keep all dates and records.
This dealer needs to go!!!
Ronnie948

Old 01-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's the one, big, threat they will understand. The California Bureau of Automotive Repair, or the BAR for short.

They can shut down a garage like a health inspector shuts down restaurants. And just as fast.

They're online, and you can file a complaint online.

My sister used to manage a Sears auto center, and several years ago, the BAR descended upon a number of Sears' based on complaints, and suspended their licenses to repair cars. My sister's store was not among the zapped, because she did it by the book.

You can complain to MINIUSA all you want, and at worst Crevier will get their hand slapped. File with the BAR, they F E A R that more than anything else.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Kelly Girl
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any updates on the car?
what happened with the car?

Old 01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Bigpapa
Neutral
Hey Genius!

So tell me how did your service go where you bought the car? Did they fix it for you or did they tell you to pound sand?

Old 01-12-2009, 03:05 PM
wvphoto
3rd Gear
and just how is jessica alba ?

Old 01-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Dwell
4th Gear
Thanks for asking.

Yes, I did get the car fixed. The reputable dealer South Bay Mini fixed it without question and it was covered by warranty. Could have come off due to whatever, or maybe something from when they put my JCW aero on at the drop off. Never will really know, but it didn't cost me $1100 like Crevier tried to snake from me. It was free.

I guess Crevier can't stick their meat hooks into this customer.

Unfortunately, got a PM from BigPappa tonight:

Bigpapa vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);
Neutral

Gallery
what
You sad human being. Remember carma catches up. Have fun not getting it covered.
____

Maybe the dealer is lurking around here and I hurt their greedy fingers? Dunno. But I didn't expect much better from Crevier.

Just terrible.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Don't understand anything about the BigPappa thing.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:47 AM
JCR1960
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Gromit801
Don't understand anything about the BigPappa thing.
Seems his PM to Dwell contradicts his 1 post here.

Dwell that is great to hear that it was all finally taken care of under warranty by a different Mini dealership.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
I got it after I re-read the post. Must work for Crevier.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:32 AM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
This is pretty hard for me to believe, I ran a service dept at a Porsche+Audi dealer for many years and this kind of crap gets you fired..........

I took over the service dept of a Toyota store later in my career and right away I ran into a crooked mechanic who was padding his time card with non-repairs, fortunately (?) he was trying to charge them against warranty and not the customer. When I confronted him about the dubious repairs and asked for the parts he became evasive at first and then belligerant. I told him if he did it again I would fire his *** right then and there, or he could take his toolbox to the curb now. I never had another problem with him and he was actually a good mechanic, but he was used to making a little extra here and there......

The other part of the problem comes back to service advisors who have no technical training, they take what the tech tells them at face value and relay it to the customer - no one wants to pay for people who are skilled and trained, instead they want to hire young people with no experience and just somehow expect them to succeed in a difficult job.

Last edited by MINIdave; 01-13-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:45 AM
mach schnell
4th Gear
i started a thread a few weeks back trying to get some opinions and experience related info about the soCal MINI dealers as my 05 MCS is coming out of warranty at the end of the month and I only have 19000 miles!!!!! haven't had any probs, just wanted it looked over to see if anything would/could be covered under warranty. i decided to head to Assael in Monrovia - it's only one experience so far - but they they got the car in, found a few gaskets that needed to be replaced (i'd expect a car that only had 6500 miles on it when i bought it from the orig owner 3 yrs after he bought it to have this prob), took care of the prob, gave me a rental car and had me back in my MINI the next day.

for now - i'd go back to Assael.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Kelly Girl
Banned
I've dealt with Assael & Crevier both under the duration of my MINI's warranty..

Never had a problem.. I was even out of warranty when my 3rd rear brake light broke off the car.-- Crevier fixed it as a 'goodwill warranty' and charged me nothing.

Sorry to hear others have had less than "all 5" service...

Old 01-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Crevier has a history of horror stories here on NAM. No doubt they CAN do the right thing, but they too often don't seem to, or want to.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:53 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Dwell, great to see you got it worked out!