General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone see that MINI two seater on MF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Mowse
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone see that MINI two seater on MF?

Aparrently this is going to happen but who knows when. I'm hoping for the third generation although if it's a 2011 I can see where they'd keep it in product halfway through the 3rd gen just like the cabrio R52 two years into the 2nd gen.

This would be a definate buy for me (a JCW two seater!). Much more exciting than the current trend of turning Minis into the "Wagon Queen Family Truckster".

Old 04-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Pinky Demon
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mowse
Aparrently this is going to happen but who knows when. I'm hoping for the third generation although if it's a 2011 I can see where they'd keep it in product halfway through the 3rd gen just like the cabrio R52 two years into the 2nd gen.

This would be a definate buy for me (a JCW two seater!). Much more exciting than the current trend of turning Minis into the "Wagon Queen Family Truckster".
Too true. I would buy a roadster, pending the looks. I just hope they make it so taller people can enjoy the car too.

P.S.: Honda, BMW, Mazda, I'm glaring at you.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:20 AM
AggieMini11
5th Gear
I dont know what I think about that. Then again, I have been called a MINI Conservative. I like it better than all the other concepts thrown around!

Old 04-07-2009, 11:39 AM
mitch171
3rd Gear
I love my first gen, but MINI's direction worries me a bit. Now the convertible is noticeably longer. It was the first thing I said when I saw it at the dealership. I want my MINI to do three things: be MINI, look like a MINI and handle awesome. They seem to be sticking the the last of my requirements...

Old 04-07-2009, 11:49 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm with you. When I saw the new convertible, my first thought was "well, I guess I'll be keeping mine for at least four or five more years until they come out with the *next* convertible.

I want to like the second-gen MINIs - I really, really do. I'd love to have the turbo engine with its gobs of torque down low and better fuel economy, but I can't get past the aesthetics of the new MINIs. Even after two years to get used to them, whenever I look at the front end, I feel like I'm viewing it through a fisheye lens, and the whole car looks like they took a first-gen model, stuck an air hose in it and pumped it up about 5 psi.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:16 PM
nabeshin
Functioning Lunatic
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScottRiqui
I want to like the second-gen MINIs - I really, really do. I'd love to have the turbo engine with its gobs of torque down low and better fuel economy, but I can't get past the aesthetics of the new MINIs. Even after two years to get used to them, whenever I look at the front end, I feel like I'm viewing it through a fisheye lens, and the whole car looks like they took a first-gen model, stuck an air hose in it and pumped it up about 5 psi.
I've never seen the 2nd gen MINI's look described so eloquently before.