General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production time

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 08:59 AM
blouise
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations! and I'm sure it is SOOOO cute! No new news on mine... still "in body shop". I'm guessing it will be paint tomorrow and then off to the docks on Friday?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:11 AM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Congratulations Maui Meg (and Banannastand) on you new baby! Exactly 50 years ago today (August 26, 1959), the first Morris Minor Mini was sold - so your MINI is pretty special.

Twiggy is in the paint shop today, so since your MINI started production the day before mine, I am hoping she will be finished tomorrow. And, even more, I am really hoping they can get her to the Southampton dock on Friday before the Porgy sets sail for Port Hueneme - otherwise, she will have to wait another 14 days.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:33 AM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
duplicate post, and I can't figure out how to delete...

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 08-26-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Maui Meg
Now just have to figure out when the next ship for NY is ready to go.

Meg
First off, congrats! However, I am losing patience with all you 8-20/21 folks being done and I still have 3 more days!

Courtesy various posts from UAL_Kingpin:

1) Go to http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

2) Menu across the top, click "Customer Centre", then "Track and Trace". This will bring up a "Quick Search"

3) Put your VIN into the "Cargo ID" field, and hit the "Track" button. It is case-sensitive, so make sure you have the "WMWM..." and any other letters in CAPS, or better yet, copy/paste from the "Order Info" page where you probably originally saw your VIN in the miniusa.com Owner's Lounge

4) This should bring your car up, if it has been checked in by the WW (the shipper). You may have a status of "Booked" or "Received at Terminal".

5) Then click on your VIN and it should take you to a page for your vehicle, that should show your "Vessel" info, departure date, and arrival info for your port.

Try that and tell me if I documented it right!

A .pdf of the shipping schedule is here: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...pe=generatePDF

Since you just missed the Undine (left around 5pm Eastern yesterday), you are looking to be on the "Elektra" leaving 9/1 or the "Faust" on 9/8. I already see a car or two booked onto the Elektra.

Looks like my 8/29 finishing car will just barely miss the Elektra.

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 08-26-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:41 AM
RayRatt
4th Gear
I checked to see if Twiggy was booked on the Porgy (it sails in two days - Twiggy will be finished tomorrow). I thought if she has a booking, that would be wonderful news. But, alas, "no records found."

I will try again tomorrow.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RayRatt
I checked to see if Twiggy was booked on the Porgy (it sails in two days - Twiggy will be finished tomorrow). I thought if she has a booking, that would be wonderful news. But, alas, "no records found."

I will try again tomorrow.

UAL_Kingpin may have a thought on this, but I'm assuming no one is on the booking list until the car gets off the train in Southampton, right?

And you're currently in the Paint Shop?

Old 08-26-2009, 10:01 AM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Yep - the ASK-MINI lady told me this morning that Twiggy is in the paint shop, and she is scheduled to be completed by tomorrow. I was just hoping that they might book a space on the ship if they expected to be able to get a car there before the ship departs.

I know - its probably just wishful thinking!

Old 08-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Maui Meg
2nd Gear
Well it does look like the next ship that my mini could be on departs on Sept. 1st & that would arrive on Sept. 10th in NY.

Now I just have to hope that it will make it to my dealer by the 17th as I'd love to see her and get her paperwork in order before I leave for my vacation on the 18th.

I'm also havng mud flaps added once it gets to the dealer so I'd love for that to happen while I'm away. Anyone else having stuff added after the factory?

Old 08-26-2009, 10:31 AM
banannastand
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
First off, congrats! However, I am losing patience with all you 8-20/21 folks being done and I still have 3 more days!

2) Menu across the top, click "Customer Centre", then "Track and Trace". This will bring up a "Quick Search"

3) Put your VIN into the "Cargo ID" field, and hit the "Track" button. It is case-sensitive, so make sure you have the "WMWMM" and any other letters in CAPS, or better yet, copy/paste from the "Order Info" page where you probably originally saw your VIN in the miniusa.com Owner's Lounge

4) This should bring your car up, if it has been checked in by the WW (the shipper). You may have a status of "Booked" or "Received at Terminal".

5) Then click on your VIN and it should take you to a page for your vehicle, that should show your "Vessel" info, departure date, and arrival info for your port.

Try that and tell me if I documented it right!

A .pdf of the shipping schedule is here: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...pe=generatePDF

Since you just missed the Undine (left around 5pm Eastern yesterday), you are looking to be on the "Elektra" leaving 9/1 or the "Faust" on 9/8. I already see a car or two booked onto the Elektra.

Looks like my 8/29 finishing car will just barely miss the Elektra.
Just a comment on that, I know that my vin starts WMWMF, not WMWMM, so if you want to search wildcard MINIs I think you need to do WMWM%
to get them all!

Old 08-26-2009, 11:07 AM
RayRatt
4th Gear
WMWMM must be for a "male" MINI, and
WMWMF must be for a "female" MINI. Right?

In any case, did you find your VIN on the list? When I looked at the list for "WMWMF%" I saw there were six or seven cars that had been "received at the terminal" (as of 8/26/09) but had not yet been loaded on the ship. Yours may be on that list - I hope so!

Last edited by RayRatt; 08-26-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by banannastand
Just a comment on that, I know that my vin starts WMWMF, not WMWMM, so if you want to search wildcard MINIs I think you need to do WMWM%
Ah! Learn something new...!!! I'll update my post above.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:19 AM
banannastand
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RayRatt
WMWMM must be for a "male" MINI, and
WMWMF must be for a "female" MINI. Right?

In any case, did you find your VIN on the list? When I looked at the list for "WMWMF%" I saw there were six or seven cars that had been "received at the terminal" (as of 8/26/09) but had not yet been loaded on the ship. Yours may be on that list - I hope so!
Mine isn't in there yet, so it must still be on its way or waiting for the train.

I hope the F doesn't mean female, as I have firmly decided that mine is a male... it's going to have some identity issues!!

Old 08-26-2009, 04:16 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Roster for August 26, 2009

Banannastand, NY, 8/26 production completed, waiting for Elektra 9/1 departure, destination New York VDC

Blouise, NY, body shop

JcM1n1, SoCal, 8/19 production completed, waiting for Porgy 8/28 departure, destination Port Hueneme VDC

Kencwallace, VA, in production

Maui Meg, NJ, 8/26 production completed, waiting for Elektra 9/1 departure, destination New York VDC

N666BK, NJ, aboard Undine, ETA NY 9/3

Neverfifty, VA, aboard Undine, ETA NY 9/3

Norcaltinkerbell, NorCal, 8/21 production completed, waiting for Porgy 8/28 departure, destination Port Hueneme VDC

Rayratt, WA, paint shop

UAL_Kingpin's friend, SoCal, paint shop

Y2K Falcon, TX, body shop

Last edited by UAL_Kingpin; 08-26-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:50 PM
N666BK
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UAL Kingpin thank you very much for tracking reference. Everything is going so fast for me now I do not know why. Yesterday (25th) my newborn baby was on the vessel, the same day production ended. She is aboard Undine scheduled for NY, departed Southhampton on 25th.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:58 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
N666BK

Good to hear your car is aboard the Undine with Neverfifty's car. I updated the status of your car.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by N666BK
Yesterday (25th) my newborn baby was on the vessel, the same day production ended.
Oh... REALLY???!? So.... if mine really is complete Saturday the 29th, there's a chance to make the boat on Tuesday the 1st! (2 working days later + Sunday)

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 08-26-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:22 PM
blouise
2nd Gear

Can't seem to log in here tonight- anyone able to get in to check tonight? Maybe it's because I am on a Mac here at home and checking it with a PC at worK?

The excitement couldn't get any higher, but it keeps escalating every moment for all of us, doesn't it? My car is in the body shop today, too, still estimated to be completed on the 28th. I certainly am getting my hopes up for being cargo leaving on the 1st. It's so exciting to hear of other's cars being ready to go and getting on the ship on the same day!

Take a deep breath..... can you smell the new car smell? Mix in a little ocean air and the solid sound of the driver's door closing behind you and have sweet dreams all tonight!

Old 08-26-2009, 05:22 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by N666BK
Yesterday (25th) my newborn baby was on the vessel, the same day production ended. She is aboard Undine scheduled for NY, departed Southhampton on 25th.
Wow! Maybe there is a chance after all that my MINI will get done in time to be loaded onto the Porgy on August 28th. Twiggy was in the paint shop this morning, and since her estimated completion date continues to be August 27th, I can try being real nice to people and say my prayers and hope I am as lucky as you!

I just checked with Angela at ASK-MINI... she said the computer shows Twiggy is still in the paint shop. Hopefully that means they painted her early this morning and let it dry today - and later tonight they will start the final assembly process. I hope to hear she is finished when I call tomorrow morning!

Last edited by RayRatt; 08-26-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by blouise

Can't seem to log in here tonight- anyone able to get in to check tonight? Maybe it's because I am on a Mac here at home and checking it with a PC at worK?

The excitement couldn't get any higher, but it keeps escalating every moment for all of us, doesn't it? My car is in the body shop today, too, still estimated to be completed on the 28th. I certainly am getting my hopes up for being cargo leaving on the 1st. It's so exciting to hear of other's cars being ready to go and getting on the ship on the same day!

Take a deep breath..... can you smell the new car smell? Mix in a little ocean air and the solid sound of the driver's door closing behind you and have sweet dreams all tonight!

I think I've seen a warning about using Safari.... Have any other options from home?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:26 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Neverfifty & N666BK

To track the Undine, go here and enter SHJC as the Callsign

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html

Old 08-27-2009, 01:44 AM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Looks like our group is the last of the 2009 production. There isn't a week 35 from what I can find, and weeks 36 is 2010 cars.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:50 AM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Whoa! the Ask Mini automated system just said, "your vehicle is being transported to the point of exit"

Four hours earlier, the automated system said the car was still in the paint shop.

The factory workers are busting their butt to get this last batch of 09 cars done!

Old 08-27-2009, 05:14 AM
blouise
2nd Gear
IN THE PAINT SHOP! Still due to be completed tomorrow, the 28th. It looks like mine might be one of the last 2009 produced? Perhaps they threw in an "S" motor that was laying around in order to make room for the 2010's??? Alas, it still could be three weeks before I have it in my hands, but that's to worry about next...

UALKingpin, do you ever sleep? I love the fact that someone seems to be equally obsessed as I am, but more talented at finding information than I am Keep on keeping us posted! Thank you!

Old 08-27-2009, 06:28 AM
blouise
2nd Gear
Just was told my MINI hit the paint shop yesterday. Should be taping off and painting my roof black and getting ready for the wedding et al.... Go lil' cooper!

Old 08-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by blouise
...and getting ready for the wedding et al.... Go lil' cooper!
Well, it will be ready for a wedding, as it is wearing white!

Good job, blouise...

Quick Reply: Production time