General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Configreration

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
DEHawk
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini Configreration

Hello,
I have a 2007 Mini Cooper S and have a few quirks that would like to fix if possible.
1st, can the remote be re-programed so when I push the unlock button it unlocks BOTH doors.
Is there a way to open the hatch with out having to use the remote? I think they way it is set up when i push the unlock button on the remote only the driver door unlocks, and I have to push it again to unlock the passenger door.
To open the hatch I either have to push the remote button twice and use the latch on the hatchback to open it, or use the remote.
Kinda a pain in the a$$ to open hatch when your hands are full.

Thanks

Old 01-04-2010, 05:10 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I am sort of confused about what you are asking.

You want to have the key/remote so that you click unlock once and it unlocks both doors and the hatch? Or you want to use the key/remote to actually OPEN the hatch?

The former is definitely doable, but you have to get to a dealer to have them reprogram it. They may or may not charge you for the service - call first to find out.

The latter I am 99.9% sure is NOT doable. You have to squeeze the hatch handle to open it once it's unlocked.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:11 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Exactly why I went with the Convenience Package. And I have the factory NAV so I know how I can change those items with my setup, but yours most likely is different. I'm 99% certain that those things are covered in your Owners' Manual. If you don't have yours, I think there is a thread on here that has them.

So again, the answers to your questions are: yes and yes, but as far as how you can change yours is dependent on the variables of your particular vehicle.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:14 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
And after reading what MLPearson wrote, I know I can change my settings myself on my 07 but not the 05. Since yours is an 07, odds are you can change yours yourself too.

And I might've misread it, but no, you can't have the hatch actually "pop up" for you but it is possible to get it to unlock without having to press a button on the key fob.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:42 PM
DEHawk
2nd Gear
Sorry about the confusion,
I will try this again
Now when I push the unlock button on the remote just the driver side door unlocks, then I have to either press unlock again and all doors including hatch unlock or if I want to unlock the hatch I have to press the hatch button.
I would like to just have to press the unlock button once and the driver, passenger and hatch unlock. This way I can use the hatch button on the hatch to open it.
So it sounds like I can program the remote to at least unlock the driver and passenger door.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Samysonary
3rd Gear
You can actually change how the doors unlock on the carputer. You have to go through the settings through the left button on the signal stock. Please refer to your owners manual.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:22 PM
mattsenpai
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Samysonary
You can actually change how the doors unlock on the carputer. You have to go through the settings through the left button on the signal stock. Please refer to your owners manual.
+1, you do not need to go to no stealership

Old 01-10-2010, 10:30 AM
DEHawk
2nd Gear
Thanks for the help!
I got it all configured the way I wanted. I now can unlock everything (both doors and hatch) by just pushing the unlock button.