General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your mini today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 07:29 AM
MikeInOKC
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yesterday I changed Chubby's oil and filter. Just spilled 6 drops of oil on the garage floor! BONUS. Thanks for all the posts on oil changes you guys. Really helpful. Also put a badge holder behind the rear license plate.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Cole9953
4th Gear
got back from my road trip yesterday added 1200 miles to the odometer. went into the Ozarks of Arkansas, and my god, the roads out there are absolutely sick. if you are ever in the area, highway 23 out of Ozark north of I-40 is nuts. nothing but steep, banked, really tight turns one after another, and its all fresh smooth blacktop. I really but my new IE fixed plates and RSB to the test and it was amazing .

mini handled the whole trip like a champ, but i had just one hiccup, near caddo lake on the way home my SES light came on, got the code scanned at an auto zone in Marshall TX, and it was a P0171, so far this morning i have just been searching nam for a solution or at least a plan of attack

Old 06-13-2011, 10:01 AM
minimike21
5th Gear
Just ordered some goodies for Watson! If anyone orders over 190 something at outmotorung you get free shipping... Even on next day air! Unless that's a mistake. Pretty cool!

Old 06-13-2011, 11:19 AM
trakatdave
2nd Gear
Had silver stripes installed that I ordered from Mini Mania.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-dscn3193.jpg  
Old 06-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Nvergara
Neutral
Installled LED lights today, dome, footwells, doors, trunk, glovebox, rear license and front park lights (eye lids) both error free. Installed xenon halogen bright white H8 for the fog lamps to much my xenon headlights. WOW!!!

Old 06-13-2011, 12:36 PM
minimike21
5th Gear
those stripes looks realy good...

Old 06-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Derk
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Nvergara
Installled LED lights today, dome, footwells, doors, trunk, glovebox, rear license and front park lights (eye lids) both error free. Installed xenon halogen bright white H8 for the fog lamps to much my xenon headlights. WOW!!!
I just ordered some silvered amber bulbs and red puddle lights and was contemplating changing the running lights and fogs for something to resemble the HIDs. What brand did you end up going with?

Old 06-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Nvergara
Neutral
Originally Posted by Derk
I just ordered some silvered amber bulbs and red puddle lights and was contemplating changing the running lights and fogs for something to resemble the HIDs. What brand did you end up going with?
i opted for xenisis halogen bulbs. According to coopersport they are the last bulb you would buy. If you have OEM hid and did not upgrade to 6000k or 8000k this xenesis are the perfect match. They are on sale right now for $40. Way cheaper compared to the popular PIAA.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Nvergara
Neutral
i opted for xenisis halogen bulbs. According to coopersport they are the last bulb you would buy. If you have OEM hid and did not upgrade to 6000k or 8000k this xenesis are the perfect match. They are on sale right now for $40. Way cheaper compared to the popular PIAA.
If you want the brand name for my LED interior lights. i settled for iJMDtoy lights. $13 for a pair, they are really bright. They have LEDs with resistors buit in for your exterior lights for an error free application.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:17 PM
valvashon
5th Gear
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Put the wife's '03 R50 back together (from the subframe on up) after I chickened out on replacing the clutch . When I got to the "remove spindle nuts with your impact wrench and a 23mm socket" I realized I didn't have the time or money to continue with it, so on Wednesday it goes up to the street to a place called "Swedish Automotive" that promises to be able to work on MINIs (they advertise as such). Our quote was $2300!

At least now I own a few new tools (including a transmission jack!) and am not scared about putting in polyurethane control arm bushings when the time comes...

Val

Old 06-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Mini-Moi
2nd Gear
Contemplated a bunch of things. I used my phone to get out to Mini Oakville yesterday (needed power steering fluid) and just had it sitting in the cupholder in front of the gear shift. It was really easy driving there with GPS, but it wasn't very safe to look at while driving (like a nice pair of legs). I like the Cravenspeed holder, but I need to work a micro-USB port to it so I can charge my phone while using it.

This is, I hate it when things look like they don't belong. I think I'm going to just wire into a ACC +12V feed and keep it all hidden, other than the connector for the phone. Has anybody tried this?

Also planning on beginning wheel prep for paint (black spokes, white lip) and looking into a chatter at idle in neutral.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:05 AM
minimike21
5th Gear
picked up watson from mini of plano today from getting checked out and some stripes looks awesome with my white accents... still no word on the noise... couldnt get it to reproduce so i guess ill try to video it if it happens again... but heres a few cell phone pictures...

Old 06-14-2011, 11:13 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minimike21
picked up watson from mini of plano today from getting checked out and some stripes looks awesome with my white accents... still no word on the noise... couldnt get it to reproduce so i guess ill try to video it if it happens again... but heres a few cell phone pictures...

Old 06-15-2011, 12:29 AM
MS Maggie
1st Gear
Woo hoo! Got window tinting done today! With this 100 degree weather we're having it will really come in handy...plus it looks awesome!

Old 06-15-2011, 04:21 AM
*Ghost*
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Watson is looking good!!

Old 06-15-2011, 07:37 AM
36rodder
3rd Gear
A Little Maintenance Today

Quick clean up and detail then an oil and filter change. Changed my oil after 7,000 miles even though my maintenance counter said I could go another 10,400 miles - yeah right, like I would ever consider going that long on an oil change. Oil and a filter is a hell of a lot cheaper than an engine rebuild. Takes about 20 minutes to do and only costs ~ $40 to do yourself if you watch for oil sales and buy your OEM filters in quantity on line.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:45 AM
Dwight Walhood
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 36rodder
Quick clean up and detail then an oil and filter change. Changed my oil after 7,000 miles even though my maintenance counter said I could go another 10,400 miles - yeah right, like I would ever consider going that long on an oil change. Oil and a filter is a hell of a lot cheaper than an engine rebuild. Takes about 20 minutes to do and only costs ~ $40 to do yourself if you watch for oil sales and buy your OEM filters in quantity on line.
Love your "alternate" transportation!

Old 06-15-2011, 09:21 AM
hexon
2nd Gear
If you want the brand name for my LED interior lights. i settled for iJMDtoy lights. $13 for a pair, they are really bright. They have LEDs with resistors buit in for your exterior lights for an error free application.
Do your interior lights still gradually dim when they turn on/off with the LEDs? I'm considering replacing mine since the factory bulbs don't put out much light.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Miniblue2
4th Gear
Don't ever drive through the puddle left when the road has been saw cut to remove pavement. The ultra fine white talc like material mixed with the water is next to impossible to remove from your car. It does NOT hose off. I had to wash the car with a brush (sold for cars) and soapy water. After the first wash there was still a little white haze and a second wash was necessary. Also I still haven't gotten it all off the wheel well interiors.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:00 PM
minimike21
5th Gear
Originally Posted by *Ghost*
Watson is looking good!!
Thank you sir! I don't know if you noticed my hawaiian island creation liscense plate frame. My gf lives on Oahu!

Old 06-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Neufusion
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hexon
Do your interior lights still gradually dim when they turn on/off with the LEDs? I'm considering replacing mine since the factory bulbs don't put out much light.
Yes they still dim. I bought some blue ones from autolumination.com for the dome and footwells and they look awesome. When I first installed them, I sat there for 5 minutes locking and unlocking my car because they looked so cool. haha. I want to get one for the boot as well. They must hit part of the UV spectrum, because they light up white paper and white shirts like a blacklight and make the orange gauge lights look really cool.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:20 PM
joe_bfstplk
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Neufusion
Yes they still dim. I bought some blue ones from autolumination.com for the dome and footwells and they look awesome. When I first installed them, I sat there for 5 minutes locking and unlocking my car because they looked so cool. haha. I want to get one for the boot as well. They must hit part of the UV spectrum, because they light up white paper and white shirts like a blacklight and make the orange gauge lights look really cool.
Sounds really cool.... Did you happen to notice if they have *green* LEDs?

C ya,
Dutch

Old 06-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Neufusion
4th Gear
Originally Posted by joe_bfstplk
Sounds really cool.... Did you happen to notice if they have *green* LEDs?

C ya,
Dutch
Yup, autolumination.com

Old 06-16-2011, 05:38 AM
*Ghost*
5th Gear
Thank you sir! I don't know if you noticed my hawaiian island creation liscense plate frame. My gf lives on Oahu!
Very Cool license plate frame!!!

I live in North Shore on Oahu!

Old 06-16-2011, 05:40 AM
*Ghost*
5th Gear
I installed my JCW carbon fiber interior door handle pulls and JCW carbon fiber boot handle at work!!!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your mini today?