General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your mini today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 03:55 PM
minimike21
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SimTechDJ
Justacooper fuel door mod... ;-)

***needs clearcoat still, but not bad for VHT caliper paint!***
i still want to do mine! how did you do yours... jack up the car and pop the rear wheel off?

Old 04-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Tallman
3rd Gear
Installed a Helix Intercooler. SUHweet! Great Mod, chance to take things apart, then re-assemble - just really cool fun! Really looking forward to the track this year

Old 04-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xstartxtodayx
If you want, shoot an email to my friend Kevin, he runs our car club (EE Militia) and does vinyl on the side (actually does commercial vehicle stuff but does all the little things on the side). I had some Mini vinyl center caps made by someone else and he yelled at me for not asking him to do it... doh! He's located in Smithtown but I'm sure it's something that can be handled through email/phone/post office, he's a great guy.

http://www.eemproductions.bigcartel.com/

I must admit I have not done anything to my car in the past week other than drive it (around 800 miles I guess). Went to a big show in CT the day before Easter so I cleaned it up real nice but I haven't touched it since maybe this weekend I'll give it a nice wash.
Thanks for that, Jon. I didn't really like the guy I went to anyway - he's just close.

I did give mine a wash, de-stickered his rear side windows and added this to his boot window. Cuz my Straight Cooper is just so darn evil.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-black-widow.jpg  
Old 04-13-2012, 07:12 PM
mini_macky
5th Gear
Brought the MINI to my friend's shop to have a new S/C belt, OEM upper and lower engine mount installed...but one of the mechanics broke off the tensioner while changing the belt! My friend and I immediately agreed that it was the mechanic's fault so we ordered a new tensioner a few minutes later. It should be here in 2-3 weeks from the U.S. For the meantime, Smacky will be hibernating at my friend's shop

Old 04-13-2012, 08:31 PM
AW2mini
1st Gear
r53 down to 2358lbs now! definitely a noticeable performance increase. Removed all the rear plastics and rear wiper, rear seats, rear carpets and battery cover, resonator, muffler, rear seat belts, etc. Good idea for anyone looking for a free performance boost and doesn't have more than 1 person to cart around. :P

Old 04-13-2012, 09:19 PM
mikewitdaspike
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by theging
"What did you do to your mini today?"

NOTHING! I AM IN OHIO AND MY MINI IS IN FLORIDA! I WILL SEE IT TOMORROW! *runs away and cries*
Try being in South Korea for a year while your Mini is in Virginia

Old 04-13-2012, 09:27 PM
gr8ful
4th Gear
Drove it. What a great little car.
Mike are in S.Korea now?

Old 04-13-2012, 09:29 PM
mikewitdaspike
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gr8ful
Drove it. What a great little car.
Mike are in S.Korea now?
Yep, Stationed here (Air Force), got here Sep. last year, I won't be reunited with my Holly till mid Sep. this year I got to see her for the first half of March though Took some leave

Old 04-13-2012, 09:34 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mikewitdaspike
Yep, Stationed here (Air Force), got here Sep. last year, I won't be reunited with my Holly till mid Sep. this year I got to see her for the first half of March though Took some leave
Mikewitdaspike I just wanted to say Thank You for your Service!!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:47 PM
mikewitdaspike
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Mikewitdaspike I just wanted to say Thank You for your Service!!
Thank you It's been pretty uh... "Exiciting" lately with this whole North Korea missile test thing going on lol

Old 04-13-2012, 09:56 PM
joe_bfstplk
5th Gear
Thank you It's been pretty uh... "Exiciting" lately with this whole North Korea missile test thing going on lol
I can only imagine.... Thanks, and stay safe!

C ya,
Dutch

Old 04-13-2012, 09:57 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Not good news for sure, let's just hope this is all just a misunderstanding!!

Old 04-13-2012, 11:36 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Today I played around with a can of PlastiDIp and covered my door handles and the gas cap . The last of the chrome is gone for now .

Randy
M7 Tuning

Name:  P1080106.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  165.8 KB

Name:  P1080107.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  81.8 KB

Old 04-14-2012, 07:28 AM
MiniRy
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ArmorAll Wheel Protectant

I sprayed both front wheels a few days ago with ArmorAll Wheel Protectant. The photo below is a shot of the wheel after 2 full days of driving. I am very impressed that this product works as advertised, because I have typically not been an ArmorAll fan.

This morning I drove the mini up to Starbucks for some coffee in the rain and came home and park in the garage and took this picture. This protectant stuff even keeps the water off. Pretty amazing. Time to do the back wheel.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-img_0759.jpg  
Old 04-14-2012, 08:15 AM
SimTechDJ
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by minimike21
i still want to do mine! how did you do yours... jack up the car and pop the rear wheel off?
Mike,

Jack up, wheel off and fender liner out. Might want to have an extra body plug or two(#12 in diagram) and this is the diagram you need to order Filler door and Hinge assy.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...78&hg=41&fg=25

Old 04-14-2012, 09:15 AM
signcarver
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniRy
I sprayed both front wheels a few days ago with ArmorAll Wheel Protectant. The photo below is a shot of the wheel after 2 full days of driving. I am very impressed that this product works as advertised, because I have typically not been an ArmorAll fan.

This morning I drove the mini up to Starbucks for some coffee in the rain and came home and park in the garage and took this picture. This protectant stuff even keeps the water off. Pretty amazing. Time to do the back wheel.
This product looks awesome, gonna try it - thanks!

Old 04-14-2012, 09:16 AM
MinMin2010
5th Gear
Originally Posted by maxmini
Today I played around with a can of PlastiDIp and covered my door handles and the gas cap . The last of the chrome is gone for now .

Randy
M7 Tuning

I am digging the M7 C-Wing. I have a carbon fiber version on order from M7 for my 2009 MCS. I have been told it could be 8-10 weeks before I see it. I just hope I can get it before we take our trip in late May.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Webhead68
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Installed JCW Supercharger, Craven 15% Pulley, Water Pump, Belt, NGK plugs, DDM Intake and drove it. She was bone stock before the SC died and wow what a change since the mods above.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:55 PM
joe_bfstplk
5th Gear
Got the JCW engine control software installed today. Nudnik seems a lot smoother, idles better, pulls a little harder when you stomp the go pedal, and no longer has the slight "flat spot" at around 3k RPM. Further updates as I have more time driving it, but so far, I'm happy. While he was plugged in, I also got a couple body control module settings turned on that I'd been wishing for forever.

C ya,
Dutch

Initial impressions and observations, after a round trip to work:
1. I noticed that the speedo now indicates speed in reverse, which it didn't previously.
2. After warming up, I got the impression that the JCW tune adds more timing advance at light-throttle cruise. The difference was about the same as I remember from the old air-cooled Beetle if you re-attached the loose vacuum hose to the dashpot on the distributor....
3. Idle is definitely smoother.
4. Light-throttle cruise results in far less exhaust sound--another clue that it gets a bit more timing advance at light-throttle than before.
5. Throttle curve is a bit quicker at the early stages, so that just thinking hard enough about maybe adding some throttle results in mild acceleration. No more off-the-line stumble thanks to the quicker throttle response, too, since it responds much more like my foot expects it to than it did before. Me likey!
6. Smoother throughout the RPM range, and a bit more oomph, too.
7. Gas mileage according to the meter is about the same. The true test will be doing the math at the end of the tank.
8. Cruise control now works much more accurately, without overshooting its target, and settles right in at the previously set speed when resuming.

Last edited by joe_bfstplk; 04-16-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: to add some early impressions of the JCW software upgrade....
Old 04-14-2012, 08:05 PM
KMPSSBL
4th Gear
I myself didn't do anything to her today, but the wind sure did. The wind took off my right side A-pillar cover :( It was coming off, and hubby was gonna fix it tonight. Ugh...here I come, salvage yards.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:04 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Finished blacking out her belt line. Love the look! We used the Scotch 33+ electric tape recommended to me by you wonderful NAM folks. It worked great.

I like the balance of black and chrome on her now! Also put on my chrome small dragons under my scuttles. Got them from outmotoring.com. Very nice! Now to pack for the Dragon....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Old 04-15-2012, 02:09 PM
drsimmons
6th Gear
Originally Posted by GigglesMcMini
Finished blacking out her belt line. Love the look! We used the Scotch 33+ electric tape recommended to me by you wonderful NAM folks. It worked great.

I like the balance of black and chrome on her now! Also put on my chrome small dragons under my scuttles. Got them from outmotoring.com. Very nice! Now to pack for the Dragon....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
Deb, I believe it's you that's always saying, "pics or it didn't happen."
You're slipping!

Old 04-15-2012, 02:15 PM
joe_bfstplk
5th Gear
Originally Posted by GigglesMcMini
Now to pack for the Dragon....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
Congrats!

I wanted to go this year, but it's looking like maybe next year, if I'm lucky and things go well and the world doesn't end when the Mayans predicted....

C ya,
Dutch

Old 04-15-2012, 02:24 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by drsimmons
Deb, I believe it's you that's always saying, "pics or it didn't happen."
You're slipping!
Will post pics tomorrow from work computer! Hey, did I ask this before? Going to The Dragon?

Old 04-15-2012, 02:53 PM
nskripsky
4th Gear
Turned my kitchen into a paint booth yesterday.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your mini today?