General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your mini today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know it's totally cheesy since they were only parade laps, but after washing him up, the Kid got a Lime Rock track outline on his side window.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:28 PM
highsiderider
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kirby11
Looks good. Any pictures from further back to see how the stance looks now?
Thanks. It's getting dark now. I'll take more pics later this week and I'll post...

Old 09-09-2012, 06:20 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Gave Molly a nice exterior Detail yesterday, PreWow, Black Wow, BackonBlack on Tires, Wash w/Griot's Wash&Wax (loads of suds), blew her dry w/my Stinger Vac, a nice rub down with Griot's Speed Shine and she is BEAUTIFUL!!

Old 09-10-2012, 12:10 PM
pmsummer
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Got daytime pajamas for the Clubman. It now wakes up as a woodie.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:55 PM
DixonL2
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good to have one of those when you wake up!
Dutch, bilge vents look much better now - and I bet they make a huge diff in underhood temps...

Old 09-10-2012, 01:10 PM
astroBlackMetallic_Mini
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by AdrenaliNate
This is a summary of what I did this summer...

Replaced Plastidip on headlight rings and washer covers with 3M 1080 glossy black vinyl.

2 things: 1. how did you do that vinyl wrap all in one piece! i did mine, had to cut a slice in it to remove the extra, but yours looks like all once piece! looks good!

2. how do you post the entire pic into a thread like this? ive tried pasting my image locations, but i just get a link! TIA!

Old 09-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
Astroblack - after you copy your image location look for 'photograph' icon and paste it there. 3 to the left of the You Tube icon!

Old 09-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Joey Mojo
3rd Gear
Made an appointment to get my MINI's starter system checked out, she won't start =/

Old 09-10-2012, 01:51 PM
OldGameFreaK
4th Gear
Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  132.2 KB
Sunroof white out

Old 09-10-2012, 02:00 PM
68WMiniS
3rd Gear
^^^That looks good. Did you do it yourself?

Old 09-10-2012, 02:42 PM
OldGameFreaK
4th Gear
No I had a local graphics company do it for me. It was only 80.00 installed

Old 09-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I had a flat. The stock jack sucks; it failed to lift the car before slipping and damaging the bodywork of the car. I finally borrowed a floor jack to do the job.

While it was off, I noticed a nice deep groove around the rotor, near the edge.

I made an appointment to take him in to the dealer to have those looked at.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:21 PM
highsiderider
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Kirby11
Looks good. Any pictures from further back to see how the stance looks now?
Here's some pics.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-img-20120910-00037.jpg   What did you do to your mini today?-img-20120910-00038.jpg   What did you do to your mini today?-img-20120910-00039.jpg  

Last edited by highsiderider; 09-10-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Swimbaxter
4th Gear
New shift boot, e-brake boot and e-brake handle

installed new e-brake handle and boot. Also installed a new boot for the shifter and a JCW shift ****. Over the weekend, I installed a new JCW steering wheel and wrapped the MF Steering wheel trim pieces with a carbon fiber wrap. The shifter came with a JCW decal which I used on the lower spoke. I used some silver and red pin stripes on the lower spoke trim piece to replicate the bonnet stripes I installed last month. The boots and e-brake handle are black with red stitching. I am well pleased with the look.

http://imgur.com/a/OWmfo

Trying to post pictures. Bear with me.

Last edited by Swimbaxter; 09-10-2012 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Adding pics
Old 09-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Doc_Savage
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Swimbaxter
installed new e-brake handle and boot. Also installed a new boot for the shifter and a JCW shift ****. Over the weekend, I installed a new JCW steering wheel and wrapped the MF Steering wheel trim pieces with a carbon fiber wrap. The shifter came with a JCW decal which I used on the lower spoke. I used some silver and red pin stripes on the lower spoke trim piece to replicate the bonnet stripes I installed last month. The boots and e-brake handle are black with red stitching. I am well pleased with the look.
All that and not a single pic

Just saying.....

Old 09-10-2012, 05:55 PM
SsgtThor
2nd Gear
Today I put a stubby antenna on and installed a short shift adapter. It was a lot of fun although it was a lot of work for something so small lol

Old 09-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Swimbaxter
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
All that and not a single pic

Just saying.....

Here you go!

Old 09-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Doc_Savage
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Swimbaxter
Thx, appreciated

Really nice, always love the red accent's

Old 09-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Doc_Savage
2nd Gear
Took a ride to show all my fresh new mods to my pal,

While heating up the car slowly cruising to his place I heard couple of strange sharp noise and then It was like I was in a cesna plane.

got back home I tought that my nice new Ebay cat-back got unscrewed, So jacked the darn thing put her on car stand got under and then discoverd that the pre-cat just opened like a can of tomatoes

I've been searching for solution (cheap) as I just spent over way too much money for the next 2 years on that car my wife his going to kill me.

Oh BTW the nice new ALTA IC Air diverter Just made a nice ding in my hood I'am pissed about that

Old 09-10-2012, 07:44 PM
lowsid3r
2nd Gear
Washed and waxed the mini all sparkling and clean!

Old 09-10-2012, 08:03 PM
alanwrench
1st Gear
Removed the nasty old, faded, stained bonnet, and rear doors striping. Silver striping was almost a smog gray. The paint underneath my new to me '09 Clubman was in perfect shape.
Re checked the dealers work on their "service" from recent purchase of this vehicle
and found the grommet that holds the air box in place on the drivers side (U.S.) was loose, rolling around the inside.
So I took all the plastic, cheesy inlet piping off to clean out the crud, and it seems the big plastic boost box thing they stick on the six speed autos fits really crappy. It flops around alot, and as far as I can see its just the 1, 6 mm hex bolt holding the whole thing to the motor. Is that all there is holding it?
Also ordered the right side front marker lamp, and two of those weird MINI only plastic clamps that holds the lower radiator hose to the inside of the bodywork.
I knew going on this was going to be sort of a project car, as the normal bumps and bruises from 50k + miles, and hack mechanics.
I just went on a road trip with my girl yesterday, and averaged 36MPG.
BTW: We are loving this car so far!

Old 09-10-2012, 09:15 PM
joe_bfstplk
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DixonL2
Dutch, bilge vents look much better now - and I bet they make a huge diff in underhood temps...
Tanxs! It was kinda my plan all along to black out the vanes, but I wanted to see if I could get away without it. It's running like the temperature's 20 or 25 degrees cooler outside, and it recovers a lot faster from heat-soak than before. I'd call that a raging success! I wish I had a Scangauge before I put 'em in so I could log the intake air temp before and after. Helix said he logged 25 degrees drop in IATs on his.

C ya,
Dutch

Old 09-10-2012, 10:12 PM
joe_bfstplk
5th Gear
I replaced the original 340cc injectors for now. As it turns out, the one I got were inexpensive when originally purchased, are discontinued in a few places. I suspect they may not actually be 400cc. I got the info from the guy who sold them to me on where he obtained them, and they've got a slightly confusing part number system. I'm hoping they will respond to my form submission asking for help in identifying the injectors. They have three different part numbers on them. If I can't get them to answer, the only way to know for sure how many cc/min they are would be to have them flow-checked. If I knew someone who had the equipment and could cut me a smoking deal on testing them, at least then I'd know what they really are. As it stands, I won't sell them, as I don't know if they're mislabeled or defective. I'm just out the $$$. Oh well.

On the upside, I figured out, via these iffy injectors, that the ECU calculates the gas mileage from the fuel maps and fuel trim adaptations--for the first several miles after my last fillup yesterday, I managed not to hit a single red light while cruising at around 40 MPH, and the computer thought the car was getting over 65 MPG! I guess it dialed back the fuel trims quite a bit on those supposedly 400cc injectors!

I'm going to order some new 400cc units from a different, more reputable source and try it again, as the 340cc units reliably throw a lean code every time I go up a long enough hill....

C ya,
Dutch

Old 09-11-2012, 03:23 AM
zre
4th Gear
It is not what I did,. but what I wished I could have done. Spent a week on the Amalfi Coast in Italy wished I had my car to drive the coast road. Would have been a great adventure.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:51 AM
Doc_Savage
2nd Gear
Today I will try to find a shop that will fix my pre-cat as I'm broke....

Originally Posted by joe_bfstplk
I replaced the original 340cc injectors for now. As it turns out, the one I got were inexpensive when originally purchased, are discontinued in a few places. I suspect they may not actually be 400cc. I got the info from the guy who sold them to me on where he obtained them, and they've got a slightly confusing part number system. I'm hoping they will respond to my form submission asking for help in identifying the injectors. They have three different part numbers on them. If I can't get them to answer, the only way to know for sure how many cc/min they are would be to have them flow-checked. If I knew someone who had the equipment and could cut me a smoking deal on testing them, at least then I'd know what they really are. As it stands, I won't sell them, as I don't know if they're mislabeled or defective. I'm just out the $$$. Oh well.

On the upside, I figured out, via these iffy injectors, that the ECU calculates the gas mileage from the fuel maps and fuel trim adaptations--for the first several miles after my last fillup yesterday, I managed not to hit a single red light while cruising at around 40 MPH, and the computer thought the car was getting over 65 MPG! I guess it dialed back the fuel trims quite a bit on those supposedly 400cc injectors!

I'm going to order some new 400cc units from a different, more reputable source and try it again, as the 340cc units reliably throw a lean code every time I go up a long enough hill....

C ya,
Dutch
Lot of those things floating around out there

Sorry to hear about that

Chris

Quick Reply: What did you do to your mini today?