General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your mini today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 01:19 PM
MiniMello
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 68WMiniS
I have it bolted up in several locations underneath and obviously to include the support rods. It doesn't flex and I drive 50 miles round trip to work. It's holding up so far.

I understand that you don't like the air splitter I chose to go with and that is an observation you're entitled to. But I chose the splitter I went with strictly for cosmetic purposes. Yes I know, wrong way to go. But as long as it's supported correctly and serves MY purpose, then I count it as a win. Support rods are strictly preference, you might not like them but I do. I can safely assume judging by the fact that you're making a mold, that your product or splitter will cost more that what I paid for mine. I'm not saying it will be a superior/inferior product, but unless you do aerodynamic testing then every DIY splitter is strictly cosmetic. If you do the testing and it proves that it aids in aerodynamics and is priced well, count me in for one!

Don't take this as a bash on you or your DIY abilities, I'm also just "voicing" my opinions/thoughts.
I am glad to see its holding up well for you i like the support buckles actually, maybe its a bit boy racer but adds a little excitment to the front end a bit. Nice job I am curious to see how the other splitters look that are being made as well, someday I will get one and probably hit a parking stone first trip out lol.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:23 PM
BMUN8IVE
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Swimbaxter
I downloaded the Torque Pro App toay as well. I ordered the Bluetooth Reader but I wont have it until next week. Please let me know how you like it and how you set up all the initial settings.

Thanks,
Swimbaxter
I'll be sure to update. From everything I have read, and seen online, it seems to be a well spent few bucks. . . from the folks I have talked to that actually USE it, it further confirms that statement. We'll see.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:25 PM
joe_bfstplk
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Took Nudnik's picture and did a little light Photochopping....

Also updated my old, out-of-date sig pic from the same image....

C ya,
Dutch

Old 09-27-2012, 06:26 PM
68WMiniS
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BMUN8IVE
Been a while since I've posted here, just been busy/swamped with life stuff. . . anywho. . .

The new shift **** of the short shifter going into L'ili'i Ka'a. Will be getting done just as soon as my new resonator gets welded into the Alta sporttone exhaust going in.

Also, got the torque pro app and OBD2 reader, so we'll see what that's all about.

LED Black and Grey union jack side markers from Out motoring, as well as film to smoke the rear tail lights.
TATTRAT? Where did you get the shift ****?

Old 09-27-2012, 06:42 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniMello

I wasn't trying to upset anyone I was just asking if thats what it was truly made out of. I see the update you did about the one your designing and it looks real good so far I hope you keep updating us with pics as it progress' it is always a lot of fun to see something take shape from an idea and into the final product i am anxious to see how it looks all done and on a MINI. Good job man.
Not a problem, I will take the hit from anybody who got upset. First thing in the morning sometimes Im a little grumpy.

I just kinda get tired of the same old products being offered for us and really nothing new. 99% Of the splitters for MINIs are just a flat board of fiberglass, plastic, or CF, and they are all ridiculously priced. That is why I decided to make my own no matter how much of a PITD it is. I never really intended to make them for sale, but the interest is there so why not? If I do end up selling some any profits are going right back into my car to help pay for a $12K engine build!

Old 09-27-2012, 07:07 PM
pmxgm
2nd Gear
I put a D1 spec yesterdayWhat did you do to your mini today?-2012-09-27-19.45.36.jpg

Old 09-27-2012, 07:07 PM
BMUN8IVE
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 68WMiniS
TATTRAT? Where did you get the shift ****?
From http://www.hotrodshiftknob.com/

Debbie couldn't have been more helpful. I called with concerns about proper fitment to the new short shifter, and threaded adapters, blah blah blah, we talked, she was AWESOME, got everything all sorted and it was at my door in 2 days(free S&H).

Their son owns a 2003 R53 too, not sure if he is kicking around on the boards, lol.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Black S type
3rd Gear
New pads and PCV hose..

Old 09-27-2012, 07:46 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BMUN8IVE

From http://www.hotrodshiftknob.com/

Debbie couldn't have been more helpful. I called with concerns about proper fitment to the new short shifter, and threaded adapters, blah blah blah, we talked, she was AWESOME, got everything all sorted and it was at my door in 2 days(free S&H).

Their son owns a 2003 R53 too, not sure if he is kicking around on the boards, lol.
That is where I got my shift ****, I've sent a few of us their way before. Glad its catching on.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:17 PM
BMUN8IVE
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DICKS GARAGE R53
That is where I got my shift ****, I've sent a few of us their way before. Glad its catching on.
I couldn't have been more pleased with the actual human help, the site is pretty straight forward, it was MY doubling back, and questions that made me call.

Debbie was just great, the shipping was fast, and I am really pleased with the product. While it's a LITTLE smaller than I anticipated, it feels great in the hand.

My only problem now, I have found quite a few tiki/Ali'i/moai that I am digging, I just wish there were more that were weighted. No biggie. I just feel like I am going to end up with a shift **** collection, lol.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:12 AM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Got it a new friend!
What did you do to your mini today?-pbu6xh.jpg
What did you do to your mini today?-ksg7qh.jpg
What did you do to your mini today?-x9smfh.jpg
What did you do to your mini today?-j32klh.jpg

1275cc 4-speed, Weber Carb, RC40 Exhaust, Tahiti Edition..

I HATE that it's sitting in my driveway right now and the DMV is closed so I can't register it until Monday. ><

Old 09-29-2012, 09:14 AM
MiniMello
3rd Gear
Not a problem, I will take the hit from anybody who got upset. First thing in the morning sometimes Im a little grumpy.

I just kinda get tired of the same old products being offered for us and really nothing new. 99% Of the splitters for MINIs are just a flat board of fiberglass, plastic, or CF, and they are all ridiculously priced. That is why I decided to make my own no matter how much of a PITD it is. I never really intended to make them for sale, but the interest is there so why not? If I do end up selling some any profits are going right back into my car to help pay for a $12K engine build!
12k Wow that ought to be a heck of a build love to see that .

Old 09-29-2012, 09:16 AM
MiniMello
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by NavyNUKE
Got it a new friend!

I HATE that it's sitting in my driveway right now and the DMV is closed so I can't register it until Monday. ><
That is awesome we have a right hander in the area thats the same color I love it. someday lol

Old 09-29-2012, 09:20 AM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
When the time comes I will start a new build thread, so everybody can follow along with the completion of my car. For now though I dont have that much $$$ so it has to wait. Gives me a chance to do some small projects though.

Love the classic NavyNuke!

Old 09-29-2012, 09:34 AM
VittorioS
3rd Gear
Got it a new friend!

Awesome car! I hope I'll be able to get a classic one day.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:08 AM
VittorioS
3rd Gear
Hi everyone,

I found a set of web spokes on CL for $200 could not resist and well ended up with this

Name:  mini2.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  301.1 KB
Name:  mini3.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  393.4 KB
Name:  mini1.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  311.0 KB

Old 09-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Swimbaxter
4th Gear
Originally Posted by VittorioS
Hi everyone,

I found a set of web spokes on CL for $200 could not resist and well ended up with this
They look great! Good find.

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 09-29-2012, 12:05 PM
hrhpob
1st Gear
Got it a new friend!

Looks GREAT Navynuke...Good Luck with your new friend!!!

Old 09-29-2012, 12:15 PM
broham71
2nd Gear
... but didnt want the flash to be a tail lifter!
Wow! For some reason, reading that just gave me one heck of a good laugh! Thank you!
I guess I needed it!

Old 09-29-2012, 01:13 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMello
That is awesome we have a right hander in the area thats the same color I love it. someday lol
Hah! Thanks! What part of Mass? It might be the same one, I just picked mine up from Fall River.

Originally Posted by VittorioS
Awesome car! I hope I'll be able to get a classic one day.
Thanks! I used to say the same thing, and then I just went and got one! I keep staring out the window wanting to take it for a ride!

Originally Posted by hrhpob
Looks GREAT Navynuke...Good Luck with your new friend!!!
Thank you! Can't wait to put some plates on it!

Old 09-29-2012, 04:10 PM
user 837978240
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Added wheel spacers and installed an Accessport today and mapped a Stage 1 92 Octane map. Oh man, talk about a beast now!

Old 09-29-2012, 04:32 PM
VittorioS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Swimbaxter

They look great! Good find.

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring
Thanks!

Old 09-29-2012, 04:33 PM
VittorioS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by G33KGUY
Added wheel spacers and installed an Accessport today and mapped a Stage 1 92 Octane map. Oh man, talk about a beast now!
Looks great! Loving the plate too.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Lazlo10S
2nd Gear
I made it and my wife's cr-v fit in the garage. Not really something I did to my mini as much as it was for the mini, but it was a small victory for me nonetheless.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:01 PM
KMPSSBL
4th Gear
My husband is in the process of painting my headlight surrounds body color. He did his today, and I decided I liked it better than the plasti-dip. So I peeled it off lol. He also painted his chrome bumper pieces body color. I'm probably going to do that next week as well, and peel off all the plasti-dip I've already done. Wasn't sure which I would like better, so it's a good thing I did that first

Quick Reply: What did you do to your mini today?