General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your mini today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 06:12 AM
nrowensby
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EDIT: After looking at it again, I might leave the mirror caps, but the scoop has to go!! It looks like a giant clown nose... :(

Just laid a coat of gunmetal over it until I can get to the store for a can of black. Hopefully all these layers of PlastiDip will fill in the crack, lol.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:33 AM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MCS2011PT
Gave MINIon a bath, but discovered water marks on the bonnet when I got done. Anyone got suggestions on best way to remove them? Thanks!
I'll try to help you prevent water spots. If you want to end water spots forever after washing your MINI, try Adam's Car Wash Shampoo and Detail Spray.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-31-ad...h-shampoo.aspx
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-870-a...w-formula.aspx

Washing your MINI with Adam's product is as easy as this:

1. Rinse vehicle thoroughly.
2. Add a few ounces of Adam's Car Wash Shampoo and wash with the two bucked method (one plain water, one Adam's Car Shampoo).
3. Wash vehicle from top down to belt line, then belt line to bottom.
4. DO NOT RINSE. Watch the video attached to the link I gave above to see why.
5. After washing all areas of the vehicle, now rinse.
6. Mist down the entire vehicle with Adam's Detail Spray and dry with a microfiber drying towel.

You will be amazed at the level of shine and look of your paint. I've used many product and Adam's is the only car shampoo that has given me predictable results every time. I've washed my Roadster in full sun on hot days using Adam's products, and the method described above, and not one water spot on my Midnight Black paint, not one.

My worries regarding water spots are gone forever.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:04 AM
barndwellergirl
1st Gear
I bought Scarlet 12.5 gallons of 90 octane non-ethanol added go-go juice! She thanked me this morning by boosting on up to 33mpg. I've increased her mpg from 32.4 to 33 so far and I hope to keep increasing it.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:54 AM
NinerfanWI
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyRideTravis
Yesterday I let my dog get hair all over the new car, and went for a drive to Washington Island. On the ferry trip back, i was the last car on the boat, and really got wedged in!
It's interesting watching them load cars on those ferries.

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 08-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Kirby11
5th Gear
Originally Posted by nrowensby
EDIT: After looking at it again, I might leave the mirror caps, but the scoop has to go!! It looks like a giant clown nose... :(
Heehee! When I saw your first post I was thinking Rudolph, but didn't want to offend... The mirrors look great though!

Old 08-28-2013, 08:40 AM
nrowensby
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Kirby11
Heehee! When I saw your first post I was thinking Rudolph, but didn't want to offend... The mirrors look great though!
No worries, once I stepped back, I saw how bad it was, lol

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

Last edited by nrowensby; 08-28-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:19 PM
nrowensby
2nd Gear
Debadged her while I was outside playing... :P

Old 08-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Debadged her while I was outside playing... :P
I've debadged cars before but for some reason I can't do this one.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:01 PM
yesti
5th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Added some color.... Not sure if I like it....

Looks like a red nose (reindeer?). Not bad but I wouldnt do it. Can you put it back easily?

Old 08-28-2013, 06:19 PM
yesti
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mr. T

I'll try to help you prevent water spots. If you want to end water spots forever after washing your MINI, try Adam's Car Wash Shampoo and Detail Spray.

2. Add a few ounces of Adam's Car Wash Shampoo and wash with the two bucked method (one plain water, one Adam's Car Shampoo).
6. Mist down the entire vehicle with Adam's Detail Spray and dry with a microfiber drying towel.

You will be amazed at the level of shine and look of your paint. I've used many product and Adam's is the only car shampoo that has given me predictable results every time. I've washed my Roadster in full sun on hot days using Adam's products, and the method described above, and not one water spot on my Midnight Black paint, not one.

These products look great! Couple questions, can you apply a sealant/protectant over the dried car after the detailing spray? Like Menzerna or other acrylic polymers? Or would you skip the detail spray and use the sealant after rinsing/drying?

Old 08-28-2013, 06:44 PM
nrowensby
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by yesti
Looks like a red nose (reindeer?). Not bad but I wouldnt do it. Can you put it back easily?
Yes, see my more recent posts. :-P

Old 08-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
These products look great! Couple questions, can you apply a sealant/protectant over the dried car after the detailing spray? Like Menzerna or other acrylic polymers? Or would you skip the detail spray and use the sealant after rinsing/drying?
Adam's products are great, and I'm not just saying that. I have used just about all of them and they do exactly what they claim. If you're not happy with the results, he has a 110% money back guarantee. Everything is made in the USA. The following video is worth watching:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Detai...ntro_Tour.aspx

Just to clarify, the idea behind the detail spray after the rinse is to disburse the beaded water as well as to lubricate the surface for drying. I'm not exaggerating, full sun, hot day and nearly high noon and not one water spot on black paint. Fantastic results. It sound like the detail spray would not interfere with the sealant. On the Adam's forum, there is even the suggestion to clay bar the car prior to sealing with machine sealant or their Quick Sealant. When using a clay bar, you usually use the detail spray as a lubricant. Hope that answers your question.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:55 PM
yesti
5th Gear

Yes, see my more recent posts. :-P

Sorry, i didnt see more recent pages till afterwards

Old 08-28-2013, 07:13 PM
yesti
5th Gear

Adam's products are great, and I'm not just saying that. I have used just about all of them and they do exactly what they claim. If you're not happy with the results, he has a 110% money back guarantee. Everything is made in the USA. The following video is worth watching:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Detai...ntro_Tour.aspx

Just to clarify, the idea behind the detail spray after the rinse is to disburse the beaded water as well as to lubricate the surface for drying. I'm not exaggerating, full sun, hot day and nearly high noon and not one water spot on black paint. Fantastic results. It sound like the detail spray would not interfere with the sealant. On the Adam's forum, there is even the suggestion to clay bar the car prior to sealing with machine sealant or their Quick Sealant. When using a clay bar, you usually use the detail spray as a lubricant. Hope that answers your question.
Sounds good, thanks. The OP had water spots, would just the car wash/detail spray take those off or would he have to polish a little? I'm going to read more on these products too

Old 08-28-2013, 07:17 PM
speedkills66
3rd Gear
I added a "BMS Short Throw Clutch Stop" :
http://burgertuning.com/clutch_stop_mini_cooper.html

Best $10 ever spent.

The left foot equivalent of a short shift kit.

Do it.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:48 PM
KilmerPT
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome! Thank you Mr. T!

Old 08-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Sounds good, thanks. The OP had water spots, would just the car wash/detail spray take those off or would he have to polish a little? I'm going to read more on these products too
You might have to remove the water spot with machine polish. Don't forget that the spots you're seeing are from sediment, impurities and lime from the rinse water that have dried onto the clearcoat. I might also add that I live in an area that has extremely hard water, and the water I use is straight from the hose and unfiltered. The Adam's Car Wash Shampoo and Adam's Detail Spray work every time to keep my Midnight Black paint spot free.

Here's my Roadster just after wiping it down with a waffle microfiber drying towel. It is always deep, reflective and wet looking when I'm finished.

Name:  IMG_1458_zpse2da86c9.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  152.8 KB

Old 08-28-2013, 10:56 PM
yesti
5th Gear
very nice! my spots are from rain. and the water here is rather hard as well. and i have a chili red hardtop. didn't know what i was getting myself into with a red car.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Project
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by speedkills66
I added a "BMS Short Throw Clutch Stop" :
http://burgertuning.com/clutch_stop_mini_cooper.html

Best $10 ever spent.

The left foot equivalent of a short shift kit.

Do it.
I got one of those for mine (picking it up saturday?) not sure if I will install it straight away or drive it for a bit stock first. I've never driven a manual mini before so maybe I should go for stock for a while lol.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:44 PM
CA94960
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got our car back from the body shop. Someone driving a pick-up truck didn't see it parked and pulled over and clipped the left front fender and front end. The body shop repaired the damaged parts and repainted the front end. I feel it came out nice.

Name:  image_zps59e74005.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  93.9 KB

Old 08-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Eds not-so-red MINI
5th Gear
I installed a VIP strut bar. Took about 15 minutes, including the time it took to adjust my torque wrench to 26 ft-lbs. Haven't gotten to try it out yet!!!

Old 08-29-2013, 06:05 PM
iriedevil32
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CA94960
Got our car back from the body shop. Someone driving a pick-up truck didn't see it parked and pulled over and clipped the left front fender and front end. The body shop repaired the damaged parts and repainted the front end. I feel it came out nice.
Love the kit!!!

Old 08-30-2013, 12:56 AM
MiniCooperPDX
Neutral
Got my baby painted! (04 r50) pdx or

Got my baby painted!! Plus other mods of course, but this totally changed him. He's so handsome now! :-)

------->BEFORE<-------

(First day I bought him)
092cdc29-120f-4fdd-899c-c53b1a144b3e_zps0a38e7be.jpg?t=1377848683

37184ea9-6853-4ed3-be41-5bfb6100ba6d_zps0a9b0304.jpg?t=1377849038

-------->AFTER<----------

a24fafa4-1b03-4dff-90fd-74093314f4b4_zps76c34722.jpg?t=1377848087

538af590-c37a-44dc-b5a7-f2471ced0fc4_zpse2770609.jpg?t=1377847931

75d8a323-acb9-4471-91b6-d4a70c2d1c58_zps1cf43b26.jpg?t=1377848196

Old 08-31-2013, 04:58 AM
<05MINI>
3rd Gear
Got her a fresh tank of 93 octane (real gas with none of that crappy ethanol additive) and getting her oil changed.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:30 AM
EHans
5th Gear

Mr. T - this is the bomb! The first time I washed Lana I had all kinds of waterspots on the black roof.

I looked up Adam's products and found a local dealer here 2mi from my office. Stopped by last night and picked up the above stuff, and a few more items, watched the videos and washed her last night. No more spots! I actually had to clay bar the roof (first time for that too) to get the some of the older spots off, but this made a world of diff. Gone forever are the days I buy the $4/gallon car wash solution at Autozone.

Many thanks.

Now to figure out how to use this new
Porter Cable Polisher Porter Cable Polisher
I got last week. Lana is ready for a good wax job. Nervous about using the right grade pad.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your mini today?