General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your mini today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 08:28 AM
mini coop
6th Gear
Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
I like the look of the wheels.....people PlastiDip wheels, stripes, panels and more and that is viewed as being okay. This, even though the quality of finish of PlastiDip is fair at best and mostly temporary. This appears to be a quality job on OEM wheels. So, you know the quality of the wheel is good and appropriate for the car regardless of the weight and peoples other opinions.

+++ for creativity.

Last edited by mini coop; 12-08-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DICKS GARAGE R53
Believe it or not, most kids with their Hondas have taste for good looking, and the real thing.
You sure didn't hang out with most of the Honda kids that I've seen...

Old 12-06-2013, 12:16 PM
c0op3r
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Slave to Felines
You sure didn't hang out with most of the Honda kids that I've seen...
I am sure you are right, the Honda kids here are all ME-TOO's and have no creativity of their own, the new thing here now is to ride around with no hood!

Even at $125 per wheel, I seriously doubt you will see any Hondas running around on fake carbon fiber look wheels... Believe it or not, most kids with their Hondas have taste for good looking, and the real thing. No personally I dont like it either.
See, I dont mind if people dont like what I have done, I personally hate when people put the eyelashes on their car to make the headlight look like eyes, but I dont ATTACK that person, saying things like "FAKE" eyelashes, and they should have Better "Taste".

I can appreciate that the MINI is all about making the car YOUR OWN, and if I do not like what you did to it, I keep my mouth shut, I dont say things that you would expect from a 7 year old that does not know better.

See I am the one that had to take the time to do it, Pay for it, and ride around on the wheels, Some will like it, some will not.

Just my opinion, no need to get all defensive...

Insecure much?
I am not insecure about it at all, I am the one putting the wheels on and I am the one that is going to ride around with them. BUT I will say this, this persons attitude is one of the reasons that people are leaving NAM and that it has such a bad reputation with the other MINI communities.

Originally Posted by RAYGUNZAP
I spend most everyday working around large carbon fiber airplanes… Their rims? they're not made of carbon fiber!
Then we have the statements that bring nothing of value to the conversation.

Originally Posted by joe_bfstplk
Not my scene, baby....

If I had the $$$ to spend on customizing my stock wheels, I'd get 'em stripped to bare metal, high-nickel chromed, then coated with a translucent gunmetal grey, but it'd be far cheaper to just get the set of Konig Lace that I want....
See now this comment on the other hand was truthful (as some like to say the others are but are not) its not for him, he tells you what he would like and how he would go about it, therefore bringing something of value to the conversation.

So the moral of this post is dont be a

Old 12-06-2013, 01:28 PM
VittorioS
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by c0op3r
So the moral of this post is dont be a
I don't see how he is being a d|ck. He is stating his opinion and just because you think those wheels look good, it doesn't mean everyone will see them that way. It's also given that he never bashed your wheels, he simply stated that he didn't like them. If you didn't want any criticism you shouldn't have posted those wheels.

As far as the Honda comments go, LOL at you guys. Most so called "creative" MINIs I see just have stripes, some kind of badge, and an "actual size" sticker. Please, tell me how that is creative.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:13 PM
mini#allblack
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed the quicksilver exhaust......isnt quite loud enough for me; anyone know of a good quality exhaust that is somewhat louder that isnt just a big muffler Thanks!

Old 12-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Pno2nr
4th Gear
Love the wheels!

FART CANS. Not advised by me or my son!

Old 12-06-2013, 03:01 PM
joe_bfstplk
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VittorioS
I don't see how he is being a d|ck. He is stating his opinion
I agree.

Even at $125 per wheel, I seriously doubt you will see any Hondas running around on fake carbon fiber look wheels... Believe it or not, most kids with their Hondas have taste for good looking, and the real thing. No personally I dont like it either.
What *I* read here is not hostile or insulting. Not exactly "sugar coated", but an honest statement. He was much less antagonistic than the "what your mother should have taught you" and "this from a guy that wants to make his car look like rust" comments that followed in reply, IMHO. Not everyone is going to like the same stuff. The world would be really boring if we all did.

Can't we all just get along?

C ya,
Dutch

Old 12-06-2013, 03:38 PM
heresmymind
4th Gear
I got a set of Mini Driving lights for a steal. I'm going to sand blast them, then powder coat them and reinstall. or maybe trade them for hella fogs.

-B

Old 12-06-2013, 03:56 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks guys, but no need to defend me...

I have been here for a long time, and have never really been known for holding back, or sugar coating stuff... If I have an opinion about something, damn straight I am going to share it.

I dont single people out, with what I say either, if Dale went and put a giant set of neon green truck nuts under Nudnick, I would probably call him a bruised fruit, and suggest he changes his car to Nutnick... However we are both adults, can take it for what it is, and have a laugh about it.

Not throw a tantrum over the forum that is going over 2 pages or more now, and keep feeling the need to post pics to call me a *****. I'm sorry you feel that somebody stating they do not like your wheels becomes an ATTACK (no **** all caps must have hit the main vein). Not everybody is going to share the same opinion on things... Aesthetic or performance, people will always have different "taste" in what they like. Sounds to me like, you need to accept that with a thicker skin, this is after all a public forum. Throwing a tantrum at somebody's criticism is pretty much the definition of insecurity to me.

Look, I like to think I am a pretty easy going guy, but it is getting harder and harder for me to think any good of you with each passing post. The more you push the fact that I am a (oooh somebody put up a picture that says ****!) the worse it makes you, yes you look. So why not accept the fact that you are an adult, which shouldn't be throwing a tantrum over somebody not liking your specific taste in modifications.

If I really wanted to insult you, I would have said something besides "No, I don't like them either".
I take it you are an adult of drinking age, so please go out, grab a beer and get over it, like an adult.

Sorry for being a ****
Signed with all sincerity, *****

Old 12-06-2013, 03:59 PM
trwxxa
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Even at $125 per wheel, I seriously doubt you will see any Hondas running around on fake carbon fiber look wheels... Believe it or not, most kids with their Hondas have taste for good looking, and the real thing.

I'm sorry... You were saying?

Old 12-06-2013, 04:12 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Yep you found some real crap there...
Glad most of that stopped in the early 2000's!

Around here now you see stuff like this:

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-image-1631739908.jpg   What did you do to your mini today?-image-1919416928.jpg   What did you do to your mini today?-image-229918522.jpg  
Old 12-06-2013, 05:24 PM
VittorioS
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by trwxxa

Easy to pick the ugly ones, same can be said to some MINIs.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:32 PM
RobMuntean
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Some person threw a mcflurry at my car(driver door) while I was away from my car. Now, I wasn't mad I laughed because it motivated me to go wash my car since it hasn't been washed for two weeks(longest I've gone ever). I paid $10 for a great spa treatment and my MINI looked brand new again:-).

Thanks for the fatty McFatty for throwing it at my car door.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:36 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Your welcome!

No, wasn't me... But when it warms back up above freezing, I should probably go wash my daily... Its been a few da...weee..... OK a month or so... :(

Old 12-06-2013, 05:54 PM
RobMuntean
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your welcome! No, wasn't me... But when it warms back up above freezing, I should probably go wash my daily... Its been a few da...weee..... OK a month or so... :(
I wouldn't even be mad:-).

But that's way too long with a spa day for your MINI!!! I will treat your MINI to the best spa day for FREE! ;-)

Old 12-06-2013, 06:00 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Mine still needs paint first... Its been prepped for the last year and a half, and I just got around to spraying the roof last week. Sadly I made a mistake, and it all had to come back off. :(

Oh well, once the cold snap brakes, I will redo it better than the last time.

My Daily is a 2010 Wrangler Unlimited... They look better dirty.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:40 AM
joe_bfstplk
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys, but no need to defend me...
Wasn't so much defending you as trying to get the thread back on to more productive things than mudslinging....

I dont single people out, with what I say either, if Dale went and put a giant set of neon green truck nuts under Nudnick, I would probably call him a bruised fruit, and suggest he changes his car to Nutnick... However we are both adults, can take it for what it is, and have a laugh about it.
LOL! I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this, or I'd be cleaning it off my monitor!

FWIW, I thought about getting a set of really big trucknutz--chrome, of course--to hang from my tail pipes, and going to a big truck show, dragging and sparking the whole way, as a way of poking a little fun at them....

A couple old pics of Nutnik pretending to be a 4x4:

C ya,
Dutch

Old 12-08-2013, 11:00 AM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Silly MINI, rocks are for Jeeps...

If I would of had my spare on, I would have needed a new tailgate...

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-image-1087935161.jpg  
Old 12-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Pno2nr
4th Gear
Changed my MCS's name from "MiniMe" to "Blue Meanie". Makes more sense for me. Older folks will remember Yellow Submarine! Mini-me is too obvious and not fitting. Running my Kite Blue in the snow. She's not happy about it. I need winter tires. What works best? Run-FLats suck in the snow. We got a surprise last night. Supposed to be an inch or snow. No, we got 4" of puffder to make all skiers jealous, other than that we have no good slopes! Boo!

Old 12-08-2013, 11:17 AM
mini coop
6th Gear
Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by trwxxa

Hahaha.....omg. Those are something else. I like the wooden pallet on top of the ones spoiler (spoiler?). Thanks for sharing these!

Old 12-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Beachnmini
4th Gear
I brought this guy home in mine yesterday

Name:  474C1DCA-B3DF-4B65-8652-DF4527F31D13-3142-0000058F5DCAB21D_zpsa95254cb.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  218.0 KB

Old 12-08-2013, 12:38 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Beachnmini
I brought this guy home in mine yesterday
Congrats! Good looking puppy, everybody needs a riding partner.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Symtar
1st Gear
Brushed the snow off her it's her first snow since we move from Florida.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:24 PM
MotorWorf
4th Gear
Baby Dobie...wil he fit when full-sized or is your MINI still growing?

Old 12-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Beachnmini
4th Gear
^ lol! He's my 2nd and they'll both fit in the clubman.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your mini today?