General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your mini today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 09:13 AM
krashlocke
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stage 1 of my CB radio installation: 4-foot antenna mounted, routed, and tuned and the PA speaker is now tucked in the rear fender.

IT CLEARS THE GARAGE!

More info here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-mounting.html

Old 05-14-2015, 09:42 AM
Mini Union
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JCW_Coupe
pure sex, w/airbags?
No air bags...but still cool.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:34 AM
Mini Union
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RB-MINI
Looks great! Any details on the install? What did you do for the occupancy sensor on the passenger seat?
Here it goes but I had an extra set of seats from a 2010 for spare parts because I might put back the original ones later.
- I kept the original sliders of the car and its sensors that are mounted on the sliders
- I removed the connectors from both seats and from the pass seat, the occup. sens. to reuse them with the existing harness, makes the install easier without cutting/ splitting existing wire, etc.
- the recaro bottom cushion is easily removable and peel off the cover. After a few tries and measurements, I cut a small area at back of the foam cushion to hide the sensor clear plastic end and ran the wire thru the foam. The sensor pad it self its a little pain in the rear, just make sure what ever you cut off not to cut any of the pad electrical. I also replicated the cut into the foam from the original seat cushion.
- the brackets that I made are somewhat a replica of the original seat bracket as far as the slider mounting points go and the belt tensioner location.

What did you do to your mini today?-img_0993.jpg

Old 05-14-2015, 10:36 AM
Mini Union
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Miata13
Those are GREAT looking seats! Congrats!

Old 05-14-2015, 07:39 PM
CooperSAZ
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Hit 106,000 miles today...

Can still remember seeing 23 on the odometer on 11/11/04.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:46 AM
Osteo
1st Gear
Ive been itching to finally be able to post something interesting... on one hand I am super stoked!!! on the other ... no so much

And then...

I got the wheels for a smoking deal!! but this was not supposed to be why!

The guy I got them from had the same ones on his MCS a few years ago and dented one (the black/silver) but could not find anywhere that would sell him one so he bought all 4. When he sold the car the new buyer did not want the 3 still in the boxes wheels (included) so he kept them in his garage for a couple years till I happened to be chatting with him.

So, I got them for a song, 2 were still sealed in the boxes and managed to find a store ironically down the street from Enkei USA that had the last SBC painted wheel as a display (discontinued colour). Had it shipped and to shorten my story finally had them installed only to get called into the back of the shop as one was a little different than the others!

One of the wheels that came out of the sealed boxes was silver not the SBC coating like the rest

Looks like I see a few cans of plasti-dip in my future

On another note - my next project is springs/RSB install... luckily I actually have a set of TSW springs patiently waiting to be installed but and wondering about clearance. I know they drop the car 3/4-1" wondering if I will rub? I may post my question over in the suspension forum but if anyone reading this knows...

Tires are 215/45 17"s

Currently I have the S suspension (as far as I know, not the original owner)

D

Old 05-15-2015, 11:10 AM
Big_Mike
1st Gear
Here's what I just did...

Hi all. Just mounted a new set of STANCE Encore's. 16's baby! Next I'll do springs and drop it 1.5", I think. And talk about getting a good deal. I got these brand new with brand new tires, installed for $550 OTD!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-otto1.jpg  
Old 05-15-2015, 02:38 PM
fastzombie
4th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Installed the Outmotoring belittling blackout vinyl. Now I just need the door handles to be back in stock and my blackout will be complete. I'm keeping the wheels silver because I really like the way they look.

Next door handles.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-img_0284.jpg  
Old 05-15-2015, 02:40 PM
fastzombie
4th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Osteo and Big_Mike,

Great looking wheels. Enjoy and watch those curbs!

Old 05-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Osteo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by fastzombie
Osteo and Big_Mike,

Thanks! don't think the wife will be driving it! the tire guys were shocked at how light those wheels are! specs have them at just 15lbs

Old 05-15-2015, 04:44 PM
krashlocke
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Osteo
Ive been itching to finally be able to post something interesting... on one hand I am super stoked!!! on the other ... no so much

And then...

I got the wheels for a smoking deal!! but this was not supposed to be why!

The guy I got them from had the same ones on his MCS a few years ago and dented one (the black/silver) but could not find anywhere that would sell him one so he bought all 4. When he sold the car the new buyer did not want the 3 still in the boxes wheels (included) so he kept them in his garage for a couple years till I happened to be chatting with him.

So, I got them for a song, 2 were still sealed in the boxes and managed to find a store ironically down the street from Enkei USA that had the last SBC painted wheel as a display (discontinued colour). Had it shipped and to shorten my story finally had them installed only to get called into the back of the shop as one was a little different than the others!

One of the wheels that came out of the sealed boxes was silver not the SBC coating like the rest

Looks like I see a few cans of plasti-dip in my future

On another note - my next project is springs/RSB install... luckily I actually have a set of TSW springs patiently waiting to be installed but and wondering about clearance. I know they drop the car 3/4-1" wondering if I will rub? I may post my question over in the suspension forum but if anyone reading this knows...

Tires are 215/45 17"s

Currently I have the S suspension (as far as I know, not the original owner)

D
I think those wheels look great, but the one wheel just doesn't look different enough. Pull a Ken Block and get that one wheel powder coated something crazy.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:32 PM
Centium
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Installed the Outmotoring belittling blackout vinyl. Now I just need the door handles to be back in stock and my blackout will be complete. I'm keeping the wheels silver because I really like the way they look.

Next door handles.
Are those things out of stock AGAIN!?!? lol

I had to wait FOUR MONTHS for them to get them back in stock. It sucks because they are the ONLY supplier online that sells the matte black handle covers. :P

Old 05-15-2015, 07:51 PM
Osteo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by krashlocke
I think those wheels look great, but the one wheel just doesn't look different enough. Pull a Ken Block and get that one wheel powder coated something crazy.

Yo Krashlocke - I just read your post to the wife and she is giving your idea the looks like I may have some fluorescent in my future!

D

Old 05-16-2015, 04:21 AM
HogWldFLTR
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed a center arm rest.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:39 PM
sabrownfl
2nd Gear
I rotated the tires for the first time since I bought the car.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:00 PM
Big_Mike
1st Gear
Osteo and Big_Mike,

Thanks! Watching the curbs indeed!!

Old 05-16-2015, 09:54 PM
Todd Gerken
2nd Gear
I actually just spent several days installing the following:

NM Springs
New Shocks/Struts
Verde Wheels
Hankook Tires
Detroit Tuned Turbo Oil Lines
Forge Intercooler
New Radiator
H-Sport Rear Lower Control Arms
Tinted Windows
Turbo Muffler Delete

I think thats everything lol. I think it turned out great. I love the lowered look.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-cooper-04.jpg   What did you do to your mini today?-cooper-06.jpg   What did you do to your mini today?-cooper-11.jpg   What did you do to your mini today?-cooper-14.jpg  
Old 05-17-2015, 09:21 AM
Steffen.Johnson
6th Gear
I just got back from a 1500 mile round trip road trip in my mini. First time I think this mini has ever been over 10,000 feet. Visited colorado and Barnaby and I climbed pikes peak made it up to 14,000 ft with 128k on the odometer! GOOD STUFF!!

Old 05-17-2015, 05:09 PM
krashlocke
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Osteo
Yo Krashlocke - I just read your post to the wife and she is giving your idea the looks like I may have some fluorescent in my future!

D
Dude, that's bad-***! I can't wait to see some pics!

Old 05-17-2015, 05:11 PM
krashlocke
2nd Gear
Installed my Whalen Shift Machine today! Thanks, Doug!

Old 05-17-2015, 05:47 PM
komet155
4th Gear
Sorry to hear that happened. In my experience several dealerships with an internet sales division have switched from processing credit cards to requiring payment from a third party such as paypal. I guess they'd rather get charged a paypal fee than run the risk of fraudulent card use. I guess it happens enough to be an issue.
Originally Posted by Nicefeet
A couple of weeks ago I placed a large order OEM parts from a MINI dealer that does internet sales. It seemed that they really did not want the business, because 30 hours later despite charging my card, they refunded the card and requested a bank wire transfer. This just pissed me off to no end considering I was standing in the middle of a field in Western North Dakota and had no way of doing a wire.

I ended up telling them just to cancel it. I got back home days later and I placed the order with ECS Tuning with all the part numbers from the vendor order. I got my parts today, which was awesome. Thanks guys for shipping a order that featured a few pain in the *** parts like a piece of glass and a back ordered JCW airbox kit.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:39 PM
Osteo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by krashlocke
Dude, that's bad-***! I can't wait to see some pics!
Being a long weekend up here north of the border it was sketchy finding a place that has Plasti Dip in stock, 3 coats of white as my base are applied, I may do a 4th coat tomorrow for good measure and will have 2 coats of white on the inside as well.

With the car up on its side and no wheels on I also used the Dremel with a wire brush attachment, cleaned and painted the exposed hub portion a flat black so I don't need to try to find a centre cap.

D

Old 05-17-2015, 08:10 PM
Steffen.Johnson
6th Gear
Here is Barnaby at Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs the other day. He is pretty much all done. Tmrw I will be installing a CAF, and Fuel Filter. Then ordering the stuff for a ATF flush next week. Just hit 128k on this trip.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-img_6332.jpg  
Old 05-18-2015, 05:42 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,873 Posts
Nicefeet " I ended up telling them just to cancel it. I got back home days later and I placed the order with ECS Tuning with all the part numbers from the vendor order. I got my parts today, which was awesome. Thanks guys for shipping a order that featured a few pain in the *** parts like a piece of glass and a back ordered JCW airbox kit. "

Again, I am glad we could help out.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 05-18-2015, 06:15 AM
Geronimo77
1st Gear
Installed my WMW Stratmospere exhaust

Quick Reply: What did you do to your mini today?