General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your mini today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 08:31 PM
ccccPUNISHER
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by goneFXcrazy

That's a long shopping list, I wouldn't want to be your wallet, sounds like a fun setup!
It was a little expensive, but still cheaper then getting a new car...lol

Old 10-05-2015, 03:17 AM
goneFXcrazy
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ccccPUNISHER
Hey I like your way of thinking!

Old 10-05-2015, 04:38 AM
Steffen.Johnson
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ccccPUNISHER
Just had this conversation with my dad the other day. Even if all the repairs I do here recently total 4k I cant find any decent car for that much that I would enjoy driving as much as I do this one. So I continue to throw money at him. Lets hope all the money and time pays off and I can have a car that lasts me till 300k

Old 10-05-2015, 08:21 AM
CooperSAZ
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Steffen.Johnson
Just had this conversation with my dad the other day. Even if all the repairs I do here recently total 4k I cant find any decent car for that much that I would enjoy driving as much as I do this one. So I continue to throw money at him. Lets hope all the money and time pays off and I can have a car that lasts me till 300k
Second that... I literally keep a detailed spreadsheet on each of my three vehicles for that reason. Well, A) to remember what happened and when, and B) when is it time to say goodbye.

Doing the work yourself does help keep the cost down. But none of the new cars being produced are worth the annual cost for me to purchase one.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:37 AM
Southern Marylander
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Since my MINI got a little dirty yesterday hauling *** along country roads, I found a guy who had great reviews on Yelp and comes to wherever you are to wash / detail your car. I got a hand wash that looks great, in the parking lot of my office, for $25 which is only $5 more than all of the automatic washes.

He's definitely been added to my contacts and if anyone in the DMV is interested, his name is Chas and he owns Top of the Line Washing.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:54 AM
beken
6th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Complete a day of road marshalling and route patrol at Ride for Refuge 2015 - Vancouver. I hope there were other MINI motorers involved in other cities that held this ride in Canada and US.

We had about 750 riders this year and raised about $250,000 to assist in settling refugees and homeless people in the Vancouver area.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:12 AM
jonw9
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yesterday I installed my Burger clutch stop, my iphone adapter from ECS, and test fit my Sparco Pista winter wheel setup to make sure they clear the front caliper.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Steffen.Johnson
6th Gear
Originally Posted by beken
Complete a day of road marshalling and route patrol at Ride for Refuge 2015 - Vancouver. I hope there were other MINI motorers involved in other cities that held this ride in Canada and US.

We had about 750 riders this year and raised about $250,000 to assist in settling refugees and homeless people in the Vancouver area.
COOL! Congrats on the money raising btw its always fun when the MINI can be used for fun and good at the same time! Motor on!

Old 10-05-2015, 07:38 PM
goneFXcrazy
3rd Gear

Followed up yesterday's surface prep with a coat of wax today. Doesn't look bad for an 11 year old paint job. I'll ****** a pic tomorrow.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:32 PM
PhoR53
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
DRL led

Just for fun, does not look "cheap" as i thought it would be.😋😋😋😋

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-image.jpeg  
Old 10-06-2015, 04:05 PM
bavmotors
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by PhoR53
Just for fun, does not look "cheap" as i thought it would be.dde0bdde0bdde0bdde0b
mmmmmm cowl scoops...

Old 10-06-2015, 09:05 PM
mini coop
6th Gear
Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
What is that?

Old 10-07-2015, 04:03 AM
goneFXcrazy
3rd Gear
Pulled it out to take a few quick pictures after the surface prep and wax. Not bad. Wheels are FILTHY though...

All Shined Up - 15 by Charl Coetser, on Flickr

All Shined Up - 1 by Charl Coetser, on Flickr

All Shined Up - 12 by Charl Coetser, on Flickr

All Shined Up - 7 by Charl Coetser, on Flickr

Old 10-07-2015, 04:42 AM
Steffen.Johnson
6th Gear
Pulled it out to take a few quick pictures after the surface prep and wax. Not bad. Wheels are FILTHY though...
Looking good

Old 10-07-2015, 08:14 AM
CooperSAZ
5th Gear
I second that! Looking good!

Old 10-07-2015, 09:08 AM
goneFXcrazy
3rd Gear

Looking good
Originally Posted by CooperSAZ
I second that! Looking good!
Thanks guys!

Old 10-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Wondered who put the big flashing neon sign that says "PLEASE CUT ME OFF" on the car. And how they made it invisible to me.

Figured out where the scrapes in my steering wheel are coming from. The side rivet in my jeans sometimes rubs along the wheel when I get into the car. Some of those times, it scrapes the surface of the leather... :(

Old 10-07-2015, 10:03 AM
Southern Marylander
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Slave to Felines
Wondered who put the big flashing neon sign that says "PLEASE CUT ME OFF" on the car. And how they made it invisible to me.
I was nearly run off the road this morning by an older lady just casually drifting into my lane and I couldn't slam on the brakes because I was being tailgated. If she hadn't responded to my blaring horn, I'd have been hosed, trapped between her, a curb / sidewalk, and the tailgater.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:15 PM
CooperSAZ
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Slave to Felines

Figured out where the scrapes in my steering wheel are coming from. The side rivet in my jeans sometimes rubs along the wheel when I get into the car. Some of those times, it scrapes the surface of the leather... :(
Originally Posted by Southern Marylander
I was nearly run off the road this morning by an older lady just casually drifting into my lane and I couldn't slam on the brakes because I was being tailgated. If she hadn't responded to my blaring horn, I'd have been hosed, trapped between her, a curb / sidewalk, and the tailgater.
Any religious stickers on the offending cars or Darwin fish? Here in AZ, these individuals are typically associated with local churches (decals everywhere).

I swear they are on a mission from God. Meet him/her as soon as possible and they feel they have to bring someone with during the process.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Southern Marylander
3rd Gear
Any religious stickers on the offending cars or Darwin fish? Here in AZ, these individuals are typically associated with local churches (decals everywhere).

I swear they are on a mission from God. Meet him/her as soon as possible and they feel they have to bring someone with during the process.
Hahaha... I don't want to say anything, because I'm sure MINI owners here are a very diverse bunch and any group of more than one is guaranteed to have dingos (if you don't know who the dingo in your group is, it's you), but...

:: SMITED ::

Old 10-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Steffen.Johnson
6th Gear
As many of you know my MINI is in the shop right now..blah. Well I got a call today stating that at they were able to find so far is that the water pump was bad. I knew that it needed to replaced but now he is stating that in order to repair the water pump the supercharger has to come off..I wasn't aware of this but hey. It got me thinking while the super charger is off I wonder if I should have him check the oil in that thing?? Any thoughts?

Old 10-07-2015, 02:46 PM
CooperSAZ
5th Gear
As many of you know my MINI is in the shop right now..blah. Well I got a call today stating that at they were able to find so far is that the water pump was bad. I knew that it needed to replaced but now he is stating that in order to repair the water pump the supercharger has to come off..I wasn't aware of this but hey. It got me thinking while the super charger is off I wonder if I should have him check the oil in that thing?? Any thoughts?
I did not think the supercharger needed to come off either... But, if you are ok with him removing it, might as well have him check it out, right?

Old 10-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Steffen.Johnson
6th Gear
I did not think the supercharger needed to come off either... But, if you are ok with him removing it, might as well have him check it out, right?
Honestly I don't want him removing it haha but he is saying thats how the literature and manuals on the MINI state it needs to be done.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:52 PM
CooperSAZ
5th Gear
Honestly I don't want him removing it haha but he is saying thats how the literature and manuals on the MINI state it needs to be done.
If he is in need of literature... will this help?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm

Old 10-07-2015, 02:58 PM
Steffen.Johnson
6th Gear
If he is in need of literature... will this help?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm
Thanks I will email him this as well as a how too that states it also doesn't need to be removed. If he was to remove it then at 136k I should prob have him check out the suercharger oil. But what type of oil does it take? And should I trust a non MINI shop to do this??

Quick Reply: What did you do to your mini today?