General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your mini today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Germarican
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Installed my ijdmtoy led side lights. I ordered white, but they sent blue. Just waiting for darkness so I can take a good photo to show the company that this is obviously not white. I'll post it on this site later.

The side lights were easy, just twist counter clockwise and pull. Anybody have experience with fog lights?

Old 02-06-2011, 10:31 AM
david in germany
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Handed my Mini over to BMW for a repair... My oil feed line broke on the turbo... Glad I found it when I checked the oil and not by seeing flames coming from under hood!

Old 02-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Germarican
2nd Gear
Hey DIG, do you know the part number for the 2011 turbo cover?

Old 02-06-2011, 11:39 AM
david in germany
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Germarican
Hey DIG, do you know the part number for the 2011 turbo cover?
The little shield for the oil line we were talking about?

Heat resistant plate 11657603484

Old 02-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Germarican
2nd Gear
Thanks. Going to order it tomorrow morning.....

Old 02-06-2011, 06:19 PM
NH_MCS
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Yesterday I had my 17% pulley, l/w crank pulley, and JCW exhaust installed. So today I went out for a drive to see how it all performed. Had a huge smile on my face the whole time .

Old 02-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Namikuz
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Namikuz
After installing the MillTek wide tiped cat back, I split a heater hose. The hose is special order, BUT the dealer had the oil dipstick in stock.....GO FIGURE???
The MillTek looks and sounds GREAT!!! I drove it around the block, before a fellow Mini owner showed up for some work.
I JUST finished the install of an Alta 15% on the fellow Mini owners car, and when I tried to go home, STUPID HOSE!!! What a mess. So, Firday I can finish up my car.
Got the heater hose replace, what a pain.... Cleaned all the mess and went out and enjoyed the Milltek exhaust. Oh, I gave it a wash too!!!

Old 02-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Agarwaen
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well. I threw my back out (21 yrs old) while trying to plasti-dip my gas door.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:09 PM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
How do you throw out your back Plastidipping a gas door?

Dave

Old 02-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Agarwaen
5th Gear
I had taken it off since it's only one screw. Much easier than taping it off.

I then brought it out back and put it on a piece of plywood. Was bending over painting it, and about half way through the first coat, bam. Enough pain to make me drop the can, and fall to the ground. Bout the third time it's happened to me in the past 2 months.

Fun.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:17 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Germarican
Just a little surprised they suggested an additive. Is it to help with sludge?
I don't remember the exact explanation, doesn't really matter...$25+ 10% Club Member Discount. If you've seen my other posts you will know that regardless of mileage Molly is @ the Dealership every 6mo. for Service. This will continue after April 19th when Free Maintenance goes Bye Bye!!

Old 02-07-2011, 09:11 PM
3pedalMINI
4th Gear
Went to school, came out to an WRX STI sitting next to my car as i was getting in he rolled down his window and said nice car....we talked for 5 or so minutes about cars and went on our ways....im sure i made a parking lot buddy for the semester

Then later on in the day i went to WaWa to grab a sandwich and as i was getting out a A3 rolled in next to me and said is this your car? i said yea and he said this is by far one of the sickest mini's i have ever seen...nice job! we then had a quick conversation about cars, audi's and minis mostly and said he was going to order a mini but decided he couldnt wait this long and settled for a flappy paddle a3 the dealer had on the lot

now, why cant any of these conversations be with hot chicks

And i finally got around to installing my radar detector, have it direct wired in. This is the one i had in my old mini and was hoping i could place it behind the mirror like i did before but it doesnt look good/right and doesnt really fit as well as it did in my r53 so for now its between my two wiper blades. ....i think i might do the built in radar units as soon as i have some extra cash sitting around

Old 02-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Cole9953
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Agarwaen

I then brought it out back and put it on a piece of plywood. Was bending over painting it, and about half way through the first coat, bam. Enough pain to make me drop the can, and fall to the ground. Bout the third time it's happened to me in the past 2 months.

Fun.
I feel your pain man. I'm 22 and this has been happening to me since I was 18. Last time it happened it had me hurting all day everyday for about a moth, so I went to the doctor. She said you probable pulled some thing, here are some pain killers. When I asked how to stop the pain and prevent it from happening again she said " quit using your back" ....

Old 02-08-2011, 10:23 AM
3pedalMINI
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Cole9953
I feel your pain man. I'm 22 and this has been happening to me since I was 18. Last time it happened it had me hurting all day everyday for about a moth, so I went to the doctor. She said you probable pulled some thing, here are some pain killers. When I asked how to stop the pain and prevent it from happening again she said " quit using your back" ....
Yeah, im 21 and through my back out when i was 13. I wanted to surprise my dad by carrying the 80lb concrete bags around back before he got home and by the third bag my back went out.

It was OK because i got to stay home from school the day after lol

It suck though, Ever sense then my back has never been right and depending on how I sleep or lift something ill be in pain, Ohh well cant do anything about it now

Old 02-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Agarwaen
5th Gear
Got it finished today. Much better than chrome(Even on a white roof car).
Name:  ae2f5668.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  95.2 KB

Disregard the dent/paint transfer. I've done everything in my power to remove that (aside from seeing a professional). Clay, pre-wow, nothing will remove it. the only ding on the whole car, not bad for an '03 around here.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:38 AM
3pedalMINI
4th Gear
looks really good! just curious, can you peel the plastic off if you ever wanted to go back to the dreadful chrome?

Old 02-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Agarwaen
5th Gear
Yeah, it comes off easily if you want it to. But at the same time it is durable. To get it to peel off you do have to start at an edge, and it pulls off just like a rubber glove. But since you have to start at the edge it's really unlikely that it will come off if you aren't trying to peel it.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:11 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
I literally kissed her...

Old 02-08-2011, 12:24 PM
wpb mini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Agarwaen

Fun.
sorry about that . . . feel better soon!! I know what you're feeling because my husband has been having back troubles since age 20. He threw his back out last weekend trying to clean out our garage. Our goal is to have racedeck flooring (checkerboard) and a cool accent wall (maybe Chili Red) to make the garage a total man-cave. So he overdid it by trying to move some really heavy things without any assistance . . .

Anyway, if you want any advice, and I understand if you don't, the best thing for your back is rest and moderate exercise like walking, to start. When you are feeling better, maybe some exercises to strengthen your abs because strong abs help stabilize your back. Take care!

Last edited by wpb mini; 02-08-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:34 PM
wpb mini
5th Gear
GigglesMcMini: awe!! post some pics of your baby!!

Old 02-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Charlie Victor
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
More fun with mirror caps!

Finally got a set of Chili Red mirror caps to go with my Rally Edition Lime Green ones - thanks Colin!

Also put on a set of Union Jack side scuttles from OutMotoring.

These shots are the same car, different time of day. The new BRG2 looks very different when seen in different light!

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-p1150584.jpg   What did you do to your mini today?-p1150580.jpg   What did you do to your mini today?-p1150581.jpg  
Old 02-08-2011, 05:05 PM
gothmdoc
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Charlie Victor
Finally got a set of Chili Red mirror caps to go with my Rally Edition Lime Green ones - thanks Colin!

These shots are the same car, different time of day. The new BRG2 looks very different when seen in different light!
The BRG paint looks amazing in the sun... I can't wait for sunnier warmer days.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:28 PM
minimike21
5th Gear

are you leaving it like that?

Old 02-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Agarwaen
5th Gear
Are you trying to say that your clubman is a Boat?

Old 02-08-2011, 05:41 PM
rickyr53
4th Gear
My mini set off two car alarms in the parking garage at school yesterday I was very proud of myself lol

Quick Reply: What did you do to your mini today?