General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your mini today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Dwight Walhood
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dwight Walhood
Put a EBC Sport rotor and Red Stuff pads on the left side. Right side gets done tomorrow and Red Stuff pads on the rear if there's time. I take lots of breaks! LOL
UPDATE: Front brakes done and have started the rather lengthy (+500mi) bedding in process. Rear pads get changed shortly. Can already feel the difference over OEM. No cold brake grab at all and much better brake "feel" with only about 20mi on the brakes. A kind soul here on NAM gave a tip on new rotor prep. Clean them thoroughly with brake cleaner TWICE before install! They are coated with a fine oil at the factory to prevent corrosion while in storage. I did it and a clean, white rag came away grey after wipe down. Result? No smoke, smells or noise even at low braking speeds. I've never done a brake job before and so far am feeling pretty smug, LOL.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:32 PM
J&M'sMini
3rd Gear
nasty..yuck!

..would rather be describing something fun I did with our MINI...but,

...today, had to clean up gigantic pigeon crap and even splattered egg

Parked our lil justa in a parking garage, on a very end spot (like always) but in the 3 hrs the pigeons must have come back to their roost..after heavy feeding

..keep wet wipes in the car...got off what I could on the spot...but that egg dries fast!
..came home to clean the egg off...took pics...sorry for this (its just the egg though)..look what I found when I opened the boot yuck
J

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-hpim1828.jpg   What did you do to your mini today?-hpim1833.jpg  
Old 03-03-2011, 01:46 PM
J&M'sMini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by wpb mini
I can't complain though, our garage makeover is almost ready! I ordered a Union Jack rug today . . . I customized the colors to be similar to "Blackjack" graphics pattern (the cross and diagonals will be red, and the other areas will be black and gray). Pics to be posted when complete!
wpb - have fun with the garage (Mini home) makeover...look forward to pics of the finish.
...we started on ours last summer...got as far as scraping that "popcorn" stuff off ceiling & repainting...was about 100 degrees ..wore us out, had to stop, maybe some more this spring..
J

Old 03-03-2011, 01:49 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Mirror caps!

husband installed checkered flag side mirror caps on my horizon blue clubby!!! Now I reeeelly want the rear view mirror cap to match, but they dont make one that fits mirror with the universal garage remote (3 buttons). Anyone out there modified one of these to fit? I know you need a dremel (which we have). don't want to put out the $$$ if this is very difficult to do, then just to break the cap!!

Thanks for any input fellow Miniacs!!

Old 03-03-2011, 03:01 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
And....

Just installed my first Go Badge to my baby's grill!! Naturally the badge matches my checkered side mirror caps !! Crazy for the checkered flag accessories...I am such a dweeb...pretty sure I'm not alone

Now, which badge should I get next? Kinda partial to the "rule the Bends" black arrow on yellow......hmmmmm......

Old 03-03-2011, 08:21 PM
wpb mini
5th Gear
The racedeck tiles for my garage makeover arrived today! I am sure the UPS guy had fun dragging those 10 boxes out of the truck and up the front steps. Each box weighs in at 45-50 lbs, and the entire stack is taller than my MINI!

p.s. sounds good, Giggles! Do you have the same checkerboard badge as me?

Old 03-03-2011, 08:29 PM
nics.sd
3rd Gear
Finally had my NM Torque Arm Insert installed! What a great and cheap mod!

Old 03-03-2011, 09:15 PM
MINI*8R
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by nics.sd
Finally had my NM Torque Arm Insert installed! What a great and cheap mod!
Have you done the WMW BOV yet? That's also another cheap mod that pays driving dividends. What other mods have you done?

Old 03-03-2011, 09:34 PM
nics.sd
3rd Gear
Yeah! I have that bang for you buck mod, too! So far, I only have those and a DoS Cold Air Intake. I ordered my NM STB and it should be arriving tomorrow. Next in line are lowering springs, rear control arm and a rear sway bar.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Torri91
3rd Gear
Hubby installed my no holes license plate bracket from GoMiniGo! A very worthy first mod .

Old 03-04-2011, 02:32 AM
*Ghost*
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by *Ghost*
Dropped of my MINI at dealership.
Drivers head light washer fell out.
Coolant gauge stopped working last night and then started to work again as I drove to dealer. To top it off,check engine light is on.
Dealer replaced the thermostat and everything is good to go.

They also installed my JCW carbon fiber e-brake handle for free!!

Awesome!

Old 03-04-2011, 04:27 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Yup!

The racedeck tiles for my garage makeover arrived today! I am sure the UPS guy had fun dragging those 10 boxes out of the truck and up the front steps. Each box weighs in at 45-50 lbs, and the entire stack is taller than my MINI!

p.s. sounds good, Giggles! Do you have the same checkerboard badge as me?
It certainly looks like yours. Got mine from Aaron of outmotoring.com. Outstanding site for mini stuff at great prices! Your garage sounds amazing!

Old 03-04-2011, 08:07 AM
minimike21
5th Gear
just ordered a K&N panel filter and im looking into getting the resonator deleted this weekend...

Old 03-04-2011, 08:05 PM
MINI*8R
2nd Gear
Installed the M7Aerogel Turbo Heat Shield on my 2011 MCS. It needed some minor tweaking since the '11s have put an engine cover over the valve body; so the "L" part of the piece needed to be cut off. Then it fit just fine. So, warning this piece is not yet designed for the '11 models, but you can make it work. You might be better off with the NM heatshield instead.

Last edited by MINI*8R; 03-05-2011 at 07:23 AM. Reason: more info
Old 03-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Germarican
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordered my 17x7 et44 OZ Ultraleggeras today in downtown Wiesbaden. I am paying a $6 premium over Tirerack, but I also get the european offset I want to mount the 215/45 17 Conti Dw tires.
Also, Cravenspeed scissor phone holder so I can now run the Android Torque App. Installed my BT OBDII unit with an 8ft cable so I can hide it under the front seat. Great to know what my car is up to.
JCW factory exhaust gets added on Wednesday, so I'm excited for the change in exhaust note.... Life is good...

Old 03-05-2011, 06:07 AM
wpb mini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by GigglesMcMini
It certainly looks like yours. Got mine from Aaron of outmotoring.com. Outstanding site for mini stuff at great prices! Your garage sounds amazing!
There are a lot of badges at gobadges.com also. That's where I got mine. And thanks for the compliment on the garage. We started laying the race deck tiles last night. Not done yet, but so far, it looks pretty cool! I will post before, during, and after pics when we're done!

Old 03-05-2011, 06:31 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
:)

There are a lot of badges at gobadges.com also. That's where I got mine. And thanks for the compliment on the garage. We started laying the race deck tiles last night. Not done yet, but so far, it looks pretty cool! I will post before, during, and after pics when we're done!
Can't wait to see pics! My Mini will be sooo jealous, so I ordered the rear view mirror cover in checkered pattern to ease the pain. Hubby will modify it to fit over the Universal Garage Opener buttons. He did great job on side mirror caps....CRAZY FOR CHECKERS, CRAZY FOR CHECKERS or just crazy...

Old 03-05-2011, 06:49 AM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
My summer wheels are back on. I don't care that it's only March - can't take the run-flats any more. But my new Bridgestone's didn't get delivered so I'm still running my noisy Falkens until they arrive.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
Got a go badge holder and some badges (USAF!) and a go mini go plate bracket. dont even have the car yet. Now im looking for intakes so i can get that sweet blow off sound

Old 03-05-2011, 10:50 AM
devicemanager
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Germarican
Ordered my 17x7 et44 OZ Ultraleggeras today in downtown Wiesbaden. I am paying a $6 premium over Tirerack, but I also get the european offset I want to mount the 215/45 17 Conti Dw tires.
Also, Cravenspeed scissor phone holder so I can now run the Android Torque App. Installed my BT OBDII unit with an 8ft cable so I can hide it under the front seat. Great to know what my car is up to.
JCW factory exhaust gets added on Wednesday, so I'm excited for the change in exhaust note.... Life is good...
So was your goal to have the wheels tucked in? All the pics of the standard ET37's that I've seen appear to still be inside the lip of the wheel arches.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:05 PM
MINI*8R
2nd Gear
Added a bonnet scoop insulation piece to help protect my scoop. I should be good now with the M7 and the aluminum insulator.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:14 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Treated Giggles to a car wash after she got a teensy boo-boo when a shopping cart scraped her....erg...

Old 03-05-2011, 03:28 PM
david in germany
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Germarican
What happened to the Alta exhaust?

Old 03-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Nick5811
3rd Gear
Bought a tow recovery hook (mine was missing since I bought it used). Mini wanted $39 for it, but gave it to me for $24 after I complained about the price.

Also fell in love with a laser blue 2011 JCW with the CF scoop, door panels, rear wing and some other parts. Not so in love with the $32,000 price tag. I noticed how similar the interior is between my 05 and the 11 model, including the same stupid-small cup holders. :p

Also stopped by the body shop to check on my car's progress. The work and paint looks great, but my back window was installed crooked (more gap on the top left than bottom right). Should be fixed for a Monday pickup!

Old 03-05-2011, 04:05 PM
romille
3rd Gear
Installed the KP Technologies sunroof module and moved my mic over to the driver's side while I was messing around up there. The only other things I have done so far are stripes and a K&N drop in filter... maybe once I get some niftier mods I will have to change my signature.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your mini today?