General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your mini today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 08:02 PM
wpb mini
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J&M'sMini
...I saw the computer/tv screen & fridge in pics...but air conditioner too..awsome! ..sounds like good idea to get over here in S. Tx also, with the hot summers ..would be nice to be able to do a detail inside & air conditioned..lol.
J
yes, the a/c was purchased for hurricane season, but it will be nice to use it during those summer evenings when I am out there detailing her . . .

Old 03-08-2011, 06:05 AM
Dwight Walhood
5th Gear
Originally Posted by wpb mini
Good question... I would check out the website. I am sure that Racedeck offers something for cold weather climates. Even though we don't deal with slush here, we do get lots of heavy rain during the summer rainy months. I know my husband would have considered that when he decided to get Racedeck. We would not just throw our money down the toilet by investing in the flooring if it could not withstand the water that is sure to get dragged in . . .
http://www.racedeck.com/
Racedeck makes a tile pattern called FREE-FLOW that allows for easy drainage out the door. That's what we put in our buddy's garage last weekend. He's got a nasty drainage problem whenever it rains. Rain? In SoCal? Yup!

Old 03-08-2011, 06:57 AM
PA-MCS
3rd Gear
so how much does the racedeck flooring cost? If you dont mind me asking.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:04 AM
wpb mini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Dwight Walhood
Racedeck makes a tile pattern called FREE-FLOW that allows for easy drainage out the door. That's what we put in our buddy's garage last weekend. He's got a nasty drainage problem whenever it rains. Rain? In SoCal? Yup!

thanks Dwight! I could not remember the Free Flow name!

and PA-MCS: We paid $279 per sq/ft. You can call the number at the website and speak to a rep and request samples. I think we got a discount because my husband is a member of the Garage Forum.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:17 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
thanks Dwight! I could not remember the Free Flow name!

and PA-MCS: We paid $279 per sq/ft. You can call the number at the website and speak to a rep and request samples. I think we got a discount because my husband is a member of the Garage Forum.
Was that 279 or 2.79?

Old 03-08-2011, 07:49 AM
wpb mini
5th Gear
$2.79 --sorry

Old 03-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Patches
3rd Gear
We had a Racedeck floor in Indiana through 5 winters and it handled the slush with no problem. Sometimes I'd lay a plastic sheet down when my snow/ice/slush covered Hummer needed to be parked inside but that was just to make cleanup a little easier. The Racedeck didn't care. I am preparing to do a new Racedeck floor in our new 3-car garage where we just moved here in SoCal. The new setup should exceed the previous.

Here's the Indiana garage

Name:  17ce5a6b.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  651.0 KB

This is what the floor endured.
Name:  DSC_0012.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  2.60 MB

I left that Racedeck floor there with the wall-mounted cabinets for the new owner and it definitely helped sell the house a few months ago. The floor still looked great and I did a lot of work on my cars on it.

Good question... I would check out the website. I am sure that Racedeck offers something for cold weather climates. Even though we don't deal with slush here, we do get lots of heavy rain during the summer rainy months. I know my husband would have considered that when he decided to get Racedeck. We would not just throw our money down the toilet by investing in the flooring if it could not withstand the water that is sure to get dragged in . . .
http://www.racedeck.com/

Old 03-08-2011, 09:25 AM
wpb mini
5th Gear
wow! that car lift is awesome!! please post pics of your new set up when you're done!

Old 03-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Patches
3rd Gear
wow! that car lift is awesome!! please post pics of your new set up when you're done!
Will do.

Funny thing - I offered the lift for nothing, $0, to the new owner and he didn't want it so I ended up bringing it with us. I figured it'd be easier to buy a new one rather than transport it. Guess he isn't a car guy.

Oh, and your setup is very sweet. Your attention to detail is obvious.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:03 AM
wpb mini
5th Gear
thanks. I suppose my attention to detail borders on OCD ... help!

p.s.--here is the list of what we've done so far: we installed a hanging system with hooks, painted the back wall Chili Red to match my MINI (took my touch up bottle to Home Depot for the match), painted side walls white, laid Race Deck tiles in checkerboard pattern, bought work table for back wall, bought mini refrigerator, installed wall mounted oscillating fan, and installed wall mounted flat screen tv for computer/internet so I can listen to Sirius while I detail her. I am waiting on my custom door mat (rug) from Vision Bedding.com (Union Jack pattern in red, black, and gray), and a "Reserved Parking-MINI Coopers Only" sign. I will need a few more decorative touches for that red wall and a few seats for the work table, but other than that, we are done. Whew!

Old 03-08-2011, 10:47 AM
OldGameFreaK
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Today I got new strut plates and cross bar from VIP. Friday it goes into the shop for new axels, ball joints and a new overflow bottle. I know I can do the overflow but just having it done while it's in the shop.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Patches
3rd Gear
"p.s.--here is the list of what we've done so far: we installed a hanging system with hooks, painted the back wall Chili Red to match my MINI (took my touch up bottle to Home Depot for the match), painted side walls white, laid Race Deck tiles in checkerboard pattern, bought work table for back wall, bought mini refrigerator, installed wall mounted oscillating fan, and installed wall mounted flat screen tv for computer/internet so I can listen to Sirius while I detail her. I am waiting on my custom door mat (rug) from Vision Bedding.com (Union Jack pattern in red, black, and gray), and a "Reserved Parking-MINI Coopers Only" sign. I will need a few more decorative touches for that red wall and a few seats for the work table, but other than that, we are done. Whew!"

Yep, you've got it bad, alright.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:53 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have finally gotten around to getting rid of that silver painted dash and installed one of Lyle's Vinyl Styles dry CF units .

Randy
M7 Tuning

Name:  P1040243.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  124.6 KB

Name:  P1040241.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  137.1 KB

Old 03-08-2011, 01:03 PM
gothmdoc
4th Gear
Originally Posted by maxmini
I have finally gotten around to getting rid of that silver painted dash and installed one of Lyle's Vinyl Styles dry CF units .

Randy
M7 Tuning

SICK setup!, got enough gauges there? How long did it take to undo and reattach everything to get to the dash trim?

I really want to put on my M7 CF splitter this week, but fear the task is a bit daunting by myself

Old 03-08-2011, 01:05 PM
CKeffer
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Picked up my new (to me) 2010 MTX cooper S from the dealership.....well at least I'll be doing as such in about an hour and a half :D

Old 03-08-2011, 04:10 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gothmdoc
SICK setup!, got enough gauges there? How long did it take to undo and reattach everything to get to the dash trim?

I really want to put on my M7 CF splitter this week, but fear the task is a bit daunting by myself
I could have passed on a few gages had the Scan Gage been invented when i first built the car The dash took about 45 min to change out. The gages for the most part are on the steering column and only have to be moved a bit to have room to make the swap .

As for the splitter install it really is not that big of a deal . Taking the front fascia off is the hardest part and there are a number of DIY's on that process around . Simple hand tools and your done . You can also call the office if you have a question .

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
not sure I should post this after reading all the stuff you guys are doing to your Mini's.....ok, here goes,

I applied MINI stickers over the warning stickers on my visors....I am so lame .....sigh.....

So far, only done cosmetic stuff...I'm such a girl...

Old 03-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Luv me a good MINI sticker!!! I did the same thing a couple weeks ago, Giggles, except I used the MINI S one. At The Dragon the month I'm going to have a WMW Performance Blow Off Valve installed.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
I had the same thoughts that gothm had with the gages. That is one serious interior.

My Potenza's went on today. Put 'em on my second favorite twisty and loved the grip. But does anyone know what CC-ID 142 code in the TPMS means. Usually I just reset it, but it won't reset no matter what.

Also firmed up my date to get lowered. March 20 - only a week and a half away.

Last edited by Albiecrazy; 03-09-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:50 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Dragon!

Originally Posted by Melangell
Luv me a good MINI sticker!!! I did the same thing a couple weeks ago, Giggles, except I used the MINI S one. At The Dragon the month I'm going to have a WMW Performance Blow Off Valve installed.
Just read all about THE DRAGON, Going to make it there, one of these years, looks Awesome!!! Got all my decals from Aesthetic Creations. They rock! Check out www.out motoring.com too, very good prices and selection...

Old 03-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Giggles, I went to my first MINI get together, HelenBlitz in Helen GA, this past month and caught the bug. I had planned on going to The Dragon next year but the feeling of tearing through twisty mountain roads was too much for me so... Luckily I could get a room at this late date. When are you ever going to post pics?

Old 03-08-2011, 07:45 PM
wpb mini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Patches
"p.s.--here is the list of what we've done so far: we installed a hanging system with hooks, painted the back wall Chili Red to match my MINI (took my touch up bottle to Home Depot for the match), painted side walls white, laid Race Deck tiles in checkerboard pattern, bought work table for back wall, bought mini refrigerator, installed wall mounted oscillating fan, and installed wall mounted flat screen tv for computer/internet so I can listen to Sirius while I detail her. I am waiting on my custom door mat (rug) from Vision Bedding.com (Union Jack pattern in red, black, and gray), and a "Reserved Parking-MINI Coopers Only" sign. I will need a few more decorative touches for that red wall and a few seats for the work table, but other than that, we are done. Whew!"

Yep, you've got it bad, alright.
I know, there really is no help for me. But even worse than that, I don't even want any!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Rayanmx
2nd Gear

Randy
M7 Tuning

I would hate been in front of you while driving down the road!

Chances of you putting enough attention to the road must be slim with all those distractions! Lol

Slick setup!

Old 03-08-2011, 10:09 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Rayanmx
I would hate been in front of you while driving down the road!

Chances of you putting enough attention to the road must be slim with all those distractions! Lol

Slick setup!
The car was used for a lot of R & D back in the day and all of them came into play but usually only one at a time No front end damage to date

Old 03-09-2011, 03:30 AM
PA-MCS
3rd Gear

Randy
M7 Tuning

Love the motion sickness bag Nice touch.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your mini today?