General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Room to negotiate when building?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011 | 10:14 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ualamini
Just wanted to say that this thread was very helpful in giving me the courage to ask for a discount, even though I was only ordering one option (pano roof). BTW, my Costco discount was $250, which wasn't much. But the MA was amenable to the Edmunds suggested price, so that was fine with me.
Costco discount is only $250? This must be something that changed recently. Which dealer did you order it from?

Old 05-30-2011 | 09:42 AM
SoCalledFriend
4th Gear
USAA says I should pay $26,907 (Target Price) for my car with the current May incentives. I am totally down with with that since MSRP is $30,405. I just hope the July incentives are somewhat close to what they are now when my car finally arrives.

Old 05-30-2011 | 12:28 PM
Cannedtuna
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SoCalledFriend
USAA says I should pay $26,907 (Target Price) for my car with the current May incentives. I am totally down with with that since MSRP is $30,405. I just hope the July incentives are somewhat close to what they are now when my car finally arrives.
Hey I'm pretty new to this and I just that your signature shows that you placed your order in May....and you should be receiving it in July?

If so....I wanted to get a 2012 model by September should I place my order in July???

Thanks in advance and sorry to everyone for moving off topic...

Old 05-30-2011 | 03:20 PM
ualamini
1st Gear
Costco discount is only $250? This must be something that changed recently. Which dealer did you order it from?
@darthen: East Bay Mini. I know; I thought it was low, but OTOH, I had a base Mini w/ no packages, hardly any options. Wasn't yours a Clubman w/ more options?

Old 05-30-2011 | 04:51 PM
SoCalledFriend
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Cannedtuna
Hey I'm pretty new to this and I just that your signature shows that you placed your order in May....and you should be receiving it in July?

If so....I wanted to get a 2012 model by September should I place my order in July???

Thanks in advance and sorry to everyone for moving off topic...
From what I've read and experienced, delivery times vary on location (where you live) and options being ordered with your build. I was actually fortunate enough that my dealer was able to take one of their allotted builds that was already in the build line and make all the changes to suit my exact build or I would have definitely had to wait longer (especially with the scarce availability of the Connected and Nav parts due to the Tsunami in Japan). Another this is my location. I'm up in Seattle, so you can add an additional 30 days or so from the time the car leaves the UKport until it gets to my dealer. 21 days from the UK to Cali and then another 10 from Cali up to the dealer and prep. All in all, I think I'm getting mine in a reasonable amount time. Lots of variables go into how quickly, or not, you receive your car.

Old 05-30-2011 | 05:01 PM
Cannedtuna
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SoCalledFriend
From what I've read and experienced, delivery times vary on location (where you live) and options being ordered with your build. I was actually fortunate enough that my dealer was able to take one of their allotted builds that was already in the build line and make all the changes to suit my exact build or I would have definitely had to wait longer (especially with the scarce availability of the Connected and Nav parts due to the Tsunami in Japan). Another this is my location. I'm up in Seattle, so you can add an additional 30 days or so from the time the car leaves the UKport until it gets to my dealer. 21 days from the UK to Cali and then another 10 from Cali up to the dealer and prep. All in all, I think I'm getting mine in a reasonable amount time. Lots of variables go into how quickly, or not, you receive your car.

Thanks friend, I think that I'll have to place my order in July and anticipate it'll will be on the East Coast by end of September....

Old 05-30-2011 | 09:14 PM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ualamini
@darthen: East Bay Mini. I know; I thought it was low, but OTOH, I had a base Mini w/ no packages, hardly any options. Wasn't yours a Clubman w/ more options?
I only got the premium package and xenon. Not that much options. I got mine from East Bay Mini too!

Old 05-31-2011 | 06:38 PM
erferguson26
1st Gear
I ordered a custom MCS on April 2. My MA guaranteed me $1000 off MSRP from the dealership, plus whatever current deals going on from MINI USA at the time of delivery. When the MINI Rocks event came, he agreed to "push through" my deal even though I already had one on order. I had the tri-fold paper advert that was mailed to my house; otherwise I couldn't get the $1000. So, no matter what happens, I am guaranteed $2000 of MSRP. They will also honor the dealer price for the package specials, so about $1500 for the MINI Connect with Nav, which I ordered. Best case scenario, $3500 off the MSRP for a special order.

I am working with Asif from Global Imports in Atlanta, if anyone needs a good recommendation. Delivery ~ June 8.

Old 06-22-2011 | 08:51 AM
walk0080
6th Gear
I seem to have 5 dealerships within 50km, 3 within 120km and one 200km away... so I am definitely going to try emailing for quotes (using a different name + email so they don't look me up in their system - hehe).

My previous MA at the local dealership left MINI so apparently I've got some new guy assigned to my "portfolio". Haven't heard anything from him in weeks... not even an initial hello email. Does not inspire confidence.

Last edited by walk0080; 06-22-2011 at 09:32 AM.