General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did your MINI do for YOU today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 10:54 AM
L.F.O.D.
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i put in the upper JCW grill on my R53 today.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:59 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
4 year old grand child Riley, " Gammaw,
I saw a Mini car at the grocery store!"

Too freakin cute!

Old 10-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Cary Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Installed a CG Lock and a (club) Go Badge. Didn't realize how much of a difference the CG Lock would make! Wow.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:35 AM
Singer05
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Getting ready to be Mr. Bean green

Ok I've been busy since picking up my topless Mini Cooper S a few weeks ago. I cleaned it really good these past few days as it gets ready to go to paint this coming monday, and yes it will be painted Mr Bean green!!!!! I've ordered some stuff this past week such as black wheel paint since the rims are scratched up pretty bad. Ill be painting the brake calipers Bean green to match the car. I'm also thinking about painting the roll bar Bean green too. Ordered 12mm wheel spacers and extended bolts, window tint and i"ll be painting the cartoon of Mr Bean and Teddy on a few spots on the car. I must say I'm really enjoying this car and building it for my special needs son who is the biggest Mr. Bean fan ever. I'll be posting pics here over the next few weeks as it all comes together and I add all the fun details to make it special.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:46 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Singer05
Ok I've been busy since picking up my topless Mini Cooper S a few weeks ago. I cleaned it really good these past few days as it gets ready to go to paint this coming monday, and yes it will be painted Mr Bean green!!!!! I've ordered some stuff this past week such as black wheel paint since the rims are scratched up pretty bad. Ill be painting the brake calipers Bean green to match the car. I'm also thinking about painting the roll bar Bean green too. Ordered 12mm wheel spacers and extended bolts, window tint and i"ll be painting the cartoon of Mr Bean and Teddy on a few spots on the car. I must say I'm really enjoying this car and building it for my special needs son who is the biggest Mr. Bean fan ever. I'll be posting pics here over the next few weeks as it all comes together and I add all the fun details to make it special.
Oh my gosh, really?! Love the original color, but can't wait to see pics of the finished creation!

Old 10-21-2011, 05:55 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Put a big "jello pudding" smile on my face driving home from the airport. Driving on I95 and a red clubman passes me waving and gets in front of me. Then a MC slid in, it was like we had our own impromto Mini run.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Gizmo
6th Gear
I was about to swerve around a deer yesterday, if I weren't in a MINI, I probably would have hit the deer :/

On a good note - I have been getting more waves recently from people, always brings a smile to my face.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Eddie07S
OVERDRIVE
Received 1,203 Likes on 936 Posts
Found a twisty gorge road to drive today. That is always good for a few smiles . 600+ miles on my new 2012 since picking it up last week and I walk to work. But I will admit to driving a few times, just because .

Old 10-22-2011, 04:19 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mrluckypa
Put a big "jello pudding" smile on my face driving home from the airport. Driving on I95 and a red clubman passes me waving and gets in front of me. Then a MC slid in, it was like we had our own impromto Mini run.
WOW. That is so coooool! Got a couple waves this week, but now my expectations have been raised...

Old 10-22-2011, 05:46 AM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Every morning my Hot Chocolate Clubman is sleeping in my garage, which is also my office and our overflow living room. Yes, heated and semi finished!
The driving is wonderful, as we all know, but a clean MINI is also pleasing to look at, and mine is one of the first and last things I see each day!

Old 10-22-2011, 11:17 AM
L.F.O.D.
1st Gear
I fixed the gosh darn door lock acc.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:57 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
She took me to Lancaster, Pa. to meet halfway with some new Mini owners that I met on this forum! Drive to agreed upon eating establishment only to find it condemned, due to a fire 2 months ago!!

Wait for my new friends, finally meet, go to another place up the road and had a great time getting to know these fine folks. My Mini has opened up a whole new world to me. Mini owners ROCK!

Between this site and my Mini Motoring Club we have met some truly wonderful, inspiring people

Old 11-07-2011, 10:48 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
And the fun just keeps on coming! She got her picture published on the "Enkei Wheels" Facebook wall! Sooo cool!

Old 11-07-2011, 11:17 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
absolutely so verrrry cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2011, 02:26 PM
splat
2nd Gear
HA! I finally discovered why the service engine light was coming on all of the freakin' time and have replaced the Knock Sensor. Not really exciting but since i bought the car in may it has been driving me crazy

Old 11-08-2011, 06:02 PM
LessPeople_MoreRobots
2nd Gear
Mine spent its 7th day in the shop (3rd trip) with only 4,000mi on the odometer. Lemon law is so close, I can taste it.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:08 PM
PatM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LessPeople_MoreRobots
Mine spent its 7th day in the shop (3rd trip) with only 4,000mi on the odometer. Lemon law is so close, I can taste it.
Other than that how do u like it?

Old 11-08-2011, 09:52 PM
swpars
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LessPeople_MoreRobots
Yuck. Lemon that thing and move on.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:29 AM
murdoc
3rd Gear
Mine made me smile the whole way to work. Since the torque mount bushing upgrade, I feel that the car drives a lot better. I almost like the little vibration that I get at idle, dunno why. This car, even after a year, makes me smile looking at it!

Old 11-09-2011, 06:40 AM
LessPeople_MoreRobots
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PatM
Other than that how do u like it?
If the car would reliably start when I put the key in, and the rattles weren't so bad that people on the other end of the phone can notice them, it would be a good car. I know all cars these days have a few rattles and creaks, but this is unreasonable.

I like the size, config, performance, etc (hence why I decided to purchase one). I bought it to be a slightly more practical car, but the same type of fun as my old Miata was. And if the issues were fixed, it would fit that bill perfectly.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:03 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by murdoc
Mine made me smile the whole way to work. Since the torque mount bushing upgrade, I feel that the car drives a lot better. I almost like the little vibration that I get at idle, dunno why. This car, even after a year, makes me smile looking at it!
No idea what a torque mount bushing upgrade is, but am considering either getting the Sprint Booster or cold air intake on my 2010 Clubman Justa to impove response, power, etc.....thoughts? I am so ignorant about such things. Wishmthe sport button remained engaged all the time.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:16 AM
murdoc
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GigglesMcMini
No idea what a torque mount bushing upgrade is, but am considering either getting the Sprint Booster or cold air intake on my 2010 Clubman Justa to impove response, power, etc.....thoughts? I am so ignorant about such things. Wishmthe sport button remained engaged all the time.
http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-coop...rm_insert.html

That is what I installed this past weekend. Really does improve the throttle response, and maybe it's in my head, but it seems to improve my shifting as well. I strongly reccomend it. I know that Way sells them too, but I ended up going through OutMotoring.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:28 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Murdoc, mine is automatic. Make a difference?

Old 11-09-2011, 07:39 AM
murdoc
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GigglesMcMini
Murdoc, mine is automatic. Make a difference?
From what I hear, even auto owners feel the difference. I can't say from personal experience since mine is a standard. It minimizes the rocking movement of the engine, and it allows more efficient power transfer to the wheels, so I would think that it would be a good upgrade no matter the transmission in your MINI.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:23 AM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
I was told by a tech at Alta that the torque arm bushing is not necessary for the cars with automatic transmissions.

Dave

Quick Reply: What did your MINI do for YOU today?