General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did your MINI do for YOU today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 12:35 AM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Habanero took us to our first two MINI events this weekend - a breakfast/get-together of the Inland Valley group of the SoCal MiniManiacs and a food drive where we helped fill thousands of boxes with food for needy families. Both events were lots of fun and we got to meet some truly terrific people. It was a very cool MINI weekend and Habanero's "debut" so to speak.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:50 AM
mister.t
2nd Gear
Drove me 70 miles through traffic in complete comfort to a Silverstone race track, did 15 hot laps, then took me home through road works with the air con and cruise control activated. Perfect.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:00 PM
conrad0102
2nd Gear
I installed the NM torque arm bushing kit today. I must say, my torque steer is gone, my acceleration is stronger and my shifting is much smoother. I think it was the best Christmas present a person could get from his brother. My next mods will probably be resonator delete, then getting purple anodized rims and tow hook. THEN I PROMISE I AM DONE. :]

Old 12-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Eddie07S
OVERDRIVE
Received 1,203 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by conrad0102
I installed the NM torque arm bushing kit today. I must say, my torque steer is gone, my acceleration is stronger and my shifting is much smoother. I think it was the best Christmas present a person could get from his brother. My next mods will probably be resonator delete, then getting purple anodized rims and tow hook. THEN I PROMISE I AM DONE. :]

Old 12-28-2011, 04:14 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by conrad0102
Uhhuhsureokeydokeyyeahright.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:24 AM
conrad0102
2nd Gear
Ok.. you guys caught me. I lied. Just don't tell Santa ok... Cooper and I have a really big wish list for next year.. I'm talking new headlight bulbs, maybe an Alta Accessport and intercooler, stubby antenna, clear bra, somehow I need to find a way to get that BOV sound with my stage 1 intake, new filter for the stage 1 intake, performance clutch and flywheel, hopefully new friends with minis nearby and most importantly of all..... Gas money.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:18 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
she got compliments while I was filling her tank at my little towns dinky gas station. One guy came out of the 7-11, stopped and said, "That is one nice looking car, is it fun to drive?" That got me started, now he wants one(he had a Honda)

Then a lady filling up next to me complimented her checkered mirror caps wanted to know if they came with the car. Told her about "youifying" the Mini....people, do not get me started....I might have a Mini problem

Old 01-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Tmini08
5th Gear
Old 01-06-2012, 06:46 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Was a great conversation starter at the gas pumps. A lady loved it and wondered if her husbands wheelchair would fit in the back of a clubman.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:53 PM
SpicyMaguro
4th Gear
Just got the winter rubber floor mats. Time to take out the rugs, clean 'em and store 'em for spring.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:40 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Molly took us on a nice 279.3mi. round trip to...
http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...ge%2001072012/

Last edited by RJKimbell; 01-08-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:18 AM
SpicyMaguro
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SpicyMaguro
Just got the winter rubber floor mats. Time to take out the rugs, clean 'em and store 'em for spring.
The floor mats came in handy on my 450 mile round trip to VT and back. I took a short detour off of I89 to drive a nice stretch between Montpelier and Bethel. Some really fun twisties . Now have just over 1,000 on the ODO. Nearly done with the break-in.

https://public.blu.livefilestore.com.../WP_000374.jpg

https://public.blu.livefilestore.com.../WP_000375.jpg
Classic Vermont covered bridge
https://public.blu.livefilestore.com.../WP_000376.jpg
I motored across at the speed limit
https://public.blu.livefilestore.com.../WP_000377.jpg

Last edited by SpicyMaguro; 01-08-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:21 AM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Molly took us on a nice 268m. round trip to...
http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...ge%2001072012/
Nice teaser, RJ. What a great way to spend a Saturday. MIne was quite the opposite - drove him 20 ft out of the garage so I could give the garage a good cleaning.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:36 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by SpicyMaguro
The floor mats came in handy on my 450 mile round trip to VT and back. I took a short detour off of I89 to drive a nice stretch between Montpelier and Bethel. Some really fun twisties . Now have just over 1,000 on the ODO. Nearly done with the break-in.

https://public.blu.livefilestore.com.../WP_000374.jpg

https://public.blu.livefilestore.com.../WP_000375.jpg
Classic Vermont covered bridge

https://public.blu.livefilestore.com.../WP_000376.jpg
I motored across at the speed limit
https://public.blu.livefilestore.com.../WP_000377.jpg
Stunning photos, the scenery is nice, too, lol! Love Vermont, beautiful any time of year!

Old 01-08-2012, 06:00 AM
Eggburp
3rd Gear
Mouse Trap

I'm envious of all you southern drivers!!!!

I checked the Minis in storage, '02 MCS Yellow and its mate a '03 MCS,
all mouse traps clear of vermin! Don't laugh, I've caught two so far!!!!!

They seem partial to the "03, I think it might be the mods.
Meanwhile, my Spring '12 mod list grows longer & longer.

Cheers, Ed.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:23 AM
jimmyd1
4th Gear
It was 65 deg in Delaware yesterday so I took my baby out for a first ever January drive then I wahsed her down and back into the garage she went

Last edited by jimmyd1; 01-08-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:54 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Albiecrazy
Nice teaser, RJ. What a great way to spend a Saturday. MIne was quite the opposite - drove him 20 ft out of the garage so I could give the garage a good cleaning.

Thanks Albie!!

One thing that was pretty cool was that I've almost become proficient at using the Steptronic Gearshift!! Not much traffic so I was able to keep her in 6th Gear, only made one mistake of downshifting one to many gears!!

One thing that I like even better is that when I'm tired of remembering what gear I'm in or knowing that I'm not going to be able to shift smoothly I can just kick it back over and let it do it's own thing!!

Old 01-08-2012, 02:03 PM
jacquesew
3rd Gear
Ollie took me for a fun little drive down Skookumchuck Road. It's just a few miles long with lots of 25-30 mph twists and turns that are fun when you go a little faster than that. Pushed the sport button and wheeeee!!! I just had to get out in this PNW sunshine....January and 50 degrees???? what????

I am still a bit of a chicken baby about driving him too fast (been a mellow driver for a lot of years and still finding my unscaredy cat self) but, it's still fun. The car does inspire trust. It feels so solid and there is no hesitation or feeling of breaking loose in anything I've done so far. I think I need to go someplace where there isn't anything to hit and see what happens when it does break loose so I know what to expect.

I must say I am still getting used to the sport mode sounds. I learned to drive in the 70's when backfire sounds meant we needed a tune. Love how it drives in sport and the burble but, the loud pops are taking some getting used to. It is growing on me though....

Old 01-08-2012, 03:14 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jacquesew
Ollie took me for a fun little drive down Skookumchuck Road. It's just a few miles long with lots of 25-30 mph twists and turns that are fun when you go a little faster than that. Pushed the sport button and wheeeee!!! I just had to get out in this PNW sunshine....January and 50 degrees???? what????

I am still a bit of a chicken baby about driving him too fast (been a mellow driver for a lot of years and still finding my unscaredy cat self) but, it's still fun. The car does inspire trust. It feels so solid and there is no hesitation or feeling of breaking loose in anything I've done so far. I think I need to go someplace where there isn't anything to hit and see what happens when it does break loose so I know what to expect.

I must say I am still getting used to the sport mode sounds. I learned to
drive in the 70's when backfire sounds meant we needed a tune. Love how it
drives in sport and the burble but, the loud pops are taking some getting
used to. It is growing on me though....
Join a Mini Motoring Club! That is exactly how I learned what my Mini can do! I am a 58 yr old Grandma of 5 and this is my first Mini. Had her almost a year, and those first few months I, too, was a bit timid with her. After a few runs with my Mini club, I am having a BLAST!!!!! Scaredy cat all gone! My husband keeps trying to tell me to SLOW down on the curves, HA! he drives a Tacoma......sucker....

Old 01-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
No doubt the MINI inspires trust. I went on my second favorite twisty today and pushed him all over the place - even when it did break loose, it recovers really nicely. At one point, an Audi A4 pulled in behind me from a side road and he looked like he wanted to have some fun, too. So I decided to really push it. Two turns and I never saw him again.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by GigglesMcMini
My husband keeps trying to tell me to SLOW down on the curves, HA! he drives a Tacoma......sucker....
You're making me giggle again, Giggles!

Old 01-08-2012, 04:07 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
love ya, Albie!!!!

Old 01-08-2012, 04:11 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
It's funny, my husband is the one who encouraged me to register for MOTD. I love him to pieces for that, but we gotta remember to bring his heart meds!
Too excited for words, at this point. can't wait for this experience! LOVE MY MINI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2012, 05:58 PM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts

I must say I am still getting used to the sport mode sounds. I learned to drive in the 70's when backfire sounds meant we needed a tune. Love how it drives in sport and the burble but, the loud pops are taking some getting used to. It is growing on me though....
Scookumchuck Rd., that's near Bucoda, right? There are so many things named Scookumchuck around here!

I agree, join a MINI Motoring Club! South Sound has the Salish Sea MINI Motoring Club,

http://ssmini.org/

And there's the Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club,

http://www.psmini.org/

Which covers the northern part of the Puget Sound a little more. I joined both!

There is a lot of stuff happening for a MINI enthusiast in Western Washington!

The country's newest race track is opening in Shelton WA this spring!

http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/

SS MINI Motoring Club has already done some preview laps on it, it is a really fun road race course, designed with the amateur racer in mind.

My wife and I have met a lot of cool MINI enthusiasts through both clubs, check out the club websites!

Dave

Old 01-09-2012, 11:39 AM
jacquesew
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GigglesMcMini
Join a Mini Motoring Club! That is exactly how I learned what my Mini can do! I am a 58 yr old Grandma of 5 and this is my first Mini. Had her almost a year, and those first few months I, too, was a bit timid with her. After a few runs with my Mini club, I am having a BLAST!!!!! Scaredy cat all gone! My husband keeps trying to tell me to SLOW down on the curves, HA! he drives a Tacoma......sucker....
Funny. I think I make my hubby nervous ... more about how I might be dirving when I have no witnesses....I've thought about joining a club and have been checking in to see what's going on. Just haven't decided which one yet.

Dave, Skookumchuk is near Bucoda. Not too long from end to end but, good for a quick zip and it starts about 1/4 mile from my house. I had no idea a track was opening in Shelton. I'll have to check it out...to watch anyway. I might be scared to actually drive one...

Thanks for all the info!

Quick Reply: What did your MINI do for YOU today?