General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did your MINI do for YOU today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:23 PM
cricketine
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini Z brought me home from the dealer after picking him/her up. I have never smiled so big in my life...aside from the birth of my son!
I smoked a Hummer trying to pass me... big dumb brute.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:32 PM
drsimmons
6th Gear
^^^Cool.............smokin' them biggin's.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:19 AM
Asequui
2nd Gear
Betty made me smile, hop around, and dance like a fool after I drove her from the dealership.
And then made me laugh and whoop in triumph when I smoked a new Camero on the way home. Thing was driven by a teeny bopper/hipster who tried to muscle his way in front of me, coming waay too dangerously close. Betty and I simply whipped around him and went about our day. Thought that was the end of it but apparently not. Teeny Hipster pulled up alongside me at the next light and revved his engine. I didn't rev mine. I did, however, say "goodbye" as the light turned green.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:59 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
Helped me understand the use of the clutch with the transmission. After 5 months and 6800 miles we are working together.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:00 AM
Kathy1946
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Asequui
Betty made me smile, hop around, and dance like a fool after I drove her from the dealership.
And then made me laugh and whoop in triumph when I smoked a new Camero on the way home. Thing was driven by a teeny bopper/hipster who tried to muscle his way in front of me, coming waay too dangerously close. Betty and I simply whipped around him and went about our day. Thought that was the end of it but apparently not. Teeny Hipster pulled up alongside me at the next light and revved his engine. I didn't rev mine. I did, however, say "goodbye" as the light turned green.
Love Bettys' name I hop around and dance with excitement, everytime I look in the garage. Just something about these little cars!!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:43 AM
drsimmons
6th Gear
Had Mini of Pensacola install my Forge Intercooler, discharge pipe, and NM torque arm mount, and did my recall. $200 for install of after market parts which is not too bad at all. Megan Racing sent wrong coilovers so that has to wait till next week. Another big day for Nimbley.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:30 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
She put the BIGGEST on my face today, spent the day with 4 other MINIs and a Subbie (don't flame me...he was cool!!)...AND we got to do this...

I even kept up pretty well with our affectionately known MINIac "Stickers"...care to guess why??

So few pics., but so many memories!!

Had the Molly Girl up to 93mph, at least the last I looked, tried to remember to keep my eyes on the track, but oh man was it FUN!!

Thanks to HOD and Ridge Motorsports Park, Shelton, WA for offering us the opportunity to come out and enjoy this amazing track!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 04-02-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:41 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Not going to tell Giggles that Molly did this, she'd be jealous

Old 04-01-2012, 08:35 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Giggles this track is "under construction" literraly...the only real things there are the Tower and Track!!

Here's a link...
http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/

Old 04-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Eddie07S
OVERDRIVE
Received 1,203 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Giggles this track is "under construction" literraly...the only real things there are the Tower and Track!!

Here's a link...
http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/
First time out on the track? And you sound hooked

Looks like a fun track....did you get to do the full track?

Old 04-01-2012, 09:59 AM
skyslug
2nd Gear
He made me smile and think of excuses just to motor about

Old 04-01-2012, 10:41 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Eddie07S
First time out on the track? And you sound hooked

Looks like a fun track....did you get to do the full track?
Yes Eddie07S we did...and then some, they let just us MINIacs go out again after everyone else had packed it in!! I was the 1st one to pit though after this last round.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Eddie07S
OVERDRIVE
Sweeeeet...

First in, but, there will be another day.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:20 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Sweeeeet...

First in, but, there will be another day.
OOOoooohhhh YES there will!

Old 04-01-2012, 03:57 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
OOOoooohhhh YES there will!
RJ, was this your first track experience? I'm kinda getting the itch to do this, but am a bit intimidated. Willing to give it a shot, though. My club runs have taught me a lot about this wonderful little car, but feel I could probably benefit from some track experience!

Pretty sure MOTD will teach me a LOT!!!

Old 04-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Eddie07S
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by GigglesMcMini
RJ, was this your first track experience? I'm kinda getting the itch to do this, but am a bit intimidated. Willing to give it a shot, though. My club runs have taught me a lot about this wonderful little car, but feel I could probably benefit from some track experience!

Giggles - The Mini is a blast on the track. But, yes, being out on the track can be very intimidating. My first day out I hit 85 at track on which I later saw 127 mph. My right foot was shaking so bad that my instructor thought something was wrong when the car started jerking because of that .

The best way to learn is with instruction. The BMW CCA sponsors HPDEs (High Performance Drive Education otherwise known as "Track Days) as do many other groups. For your first time out (and likely many more times) you have an in-car instructor as well as class room instruction. This is a great way to learn to drive your car to the limits. But, be fair warned, that the track is unforgiving (I know from experience on that one) and you should get track insurance if your regular insurance won't cover you.

I would suggest that MOTD is not the place to "push it"; just go and have fun on it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16Yn...layer_embedded

Old 04-01-2012, 06:46 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Giggles, this is the group that will be holding HPDE Classes on this course thoughout the year...http://www.hookedondriving.com/
They travel all over so check their schedule, they might be coming to a Track near you!!

Old 04-01-2012, 08:25 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by GigglesMcMini

Giggles, I did an Autocross once, it was MINIs ONLY too...it was fun, nothing like yesterday though. If you choose to do an Autocross I would highly suggest some CG Locks, I'm planning on getting some when the Run Season kicks off...our weather has been none to friendly these days, seems more like late February instead of late March.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Asequui
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Kathy1946
Love Bettys' name I hop around and dance with excitement, everytime I look in the garage. Just something about these little cars!!
TY! She picked it herself! Well, sort of.

RJ, that looks like great fun!

Old 04-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
Thanks for sharing your track experience, RJ! I want do that one day - I do have a legit tow hook now!

Old 04-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Eddie07S
OVERDRIVE
Giggles and others -
Not to lose track of the subject of this thread, but here are another couple of groups in your area (mid Atlantic):
https://www.trackdaze.com/
http://www.delvalbmwcca.org/schools.php

I also do autocross with SCCA (Sport Car Club of America), very fun also. SCCA, like BMW CCA sponsors HPDEs and will be a little less expensive than the commercial outfits. Remember, at a minimum you will need a helmet (motorcycle will do), brake fluid flush and some track capable brake pads on the front (maybe not the first day out, but not a bad idea).

Point being...Minis are a lot of fun in a lot of situations and, as this thread is about, will leave you well rewarded.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:12 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Giggles and others -
Not to lose track of the subject of this thread, but here are another couple of groups in your area (mid Atlantic):
https://www.trackdaze.com/
http://www.delvalbmwcca.org/schools.php

I also do autocross with SCCA (Sport Car Club of America), very fun also. SCCA, like BMW CCA sponsors HPDEs and will be a little less expensive than the commercial outfits. Remember, at a minimum you will need a helmet (motorcycle will do), brake fluid flush and some track capable brake pads on the front (maybe not the first day out, but not a bad idea).

Point being...Minis are a lot of fun in a lot of situations and, as this thread is about, will leave you well rewarded.
Thanks for the info

Old 04-02-2012, 06:51 PM
mikewitdaspike
2nd Gear
I miss my Holly so much :'( This was back on March 1st, but the first time I drove her in 6 months (was on my midtour, currently finishing up my one year deployment in Korea) was right after my now ex-wife told me she was leaving me. It was a 4 hour drive back to my parents, and at first it was terrible (Well, life in general sucked for the whole trip and beyond lol), but just driving Holly through the twisties and such on the way to the interstate helped calm me down and keep my mind off of it a LOT even with messed up tires, grinding brakes, hadn't been washed since I left, no hood scoop... She was a mess :( but still made me feel so much better just by being a darn fun drive I'm gonna have some presents for her in September when I get back home ^_^

Old 04-02-2012, 06:56 PM
drsimmons
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mikewitdaspike
I miss my Holly so much :'( This was back on March 1st, but the first time I drove her in 6 months (was on my midtour, currently finishing up my one year deployment in Korea) was right after my now ex-wife told me she was leaving me. It was a 4 hour drive back to my parents, and at first it was terrible (Well, life in general sucked for the whole trip and beyond lol), but just driving Holly through the twisties and such on the way to the interstate helped calm me down and keep my mind off of it a LOT even with messed up tires, grinding brakes, hadn't been washed since I left, no hood scoop... She was a mess :( but still made me feel so much better just by being a darn fun drive I'm gonna have some presents for her in September when I get back home ^_^
Kudo's my friend. Been there, done that.
Vet myself but thanks for your service as well.
Things can only get better. They did for me.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:37 PM
mikewitdaspike
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by drsimmons
Kudo's my friend. Been there, done that.
Vet myself but thanks for your service as well.
Things can only get better. They did for me.
Thanks man Here's hoping, at least I got to keep the car! It's the only thing I got lol, but only material possession between us I cared about.

Quick Reply: What did your MINI do for YOU today?