General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did your MINI do for YOU today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 04:43 AM
Gizmo
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Today...was really yesterday, but I will make the exception. Yesterday I had a big pickup truck tailgating me so that is when I downshift to 5th and motor away from them

Old 06-02-2011, 04:52 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnW94
Today...was really yesterday, but I will make the exception. Yesterday I had a big pickup truck tailgating me so that is when I downshift to 5th and motor away from them
FLEMINGTON!!!! John, I lived in flemington 10 yrs, 6 yrs. ago!! LOVE that area!! while originally from Maryland, my husbands job took us there, and we bought a fantastic house in that lovely area, now we are back in my home state, but I do miss my house up there. Whereabouts do you live??

Old 06-02-2011, 04:58 AM
Gizmo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by GigglesMcMini
FLEMINGTON!!!! John, I lived in flemington 10 yrs, 6 yrs. ago!! LOVE that area!! while originally from Maryland, my husbands job took us there, and we bought a fantastic house in that lovely area, now we are back in my home state, but I do miss my house up there. Whereabouts do you live??

Wow! What a coincidence! I live up the street from Desmares Elementary School.

You will be sad to see how much build up Flemington is now though on the eastern side of 31. The race track/fair grounds is now a Walmart and Lowes. Across the street from Blockbuster and behind McDonalds is now more stores and a restaurant. Friday's caught on fire...again, but that shouldn't be news to you but it is still open. And Rt. 31 has been widened so a lot more traffic is passing through. Do you remember Angelo's? They just added a small addition to the front and redid the whole interior, it looks great!

If you ever come up to this area again, let me know and we shall motor around!

Old 06-02-2011, 05:21 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Sorry to hear about all the building. i do remember Angelo's, good for them!! One of my favorite places was Jakes, loved their potato-crusted salmon. AGAIN, Fridays...lol, get the hint. did they ever do anything to the circle? I don't anticipate getting up there, but ya never know!!

Old 06-02-2011, 05:28 AM
Gizmo
6th Gear
The circle by Fridays is still the same, but trust me, much better to be in a MINI around the circle But the one by Rita's and before you get onto Main Street was just redone...it is even more confusing now.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:34 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JohnW94
The circle by Fridays is still the same, but trust me, much better to be in a MINI around the circle But the one by Rita's and before you get onto Main Street was just redone...it is even more confusing now.
Mini on the circle...good, new circle...bad

Old 06-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Tmini08
5th Gear
Put a smile on face and changed my mood after a little run on the back roads around the RTP area. Good day today.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:58 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
First mini run!!

Giggles took me and my Hubby on our first MINI run!! Did 75 miles from Frederick, back road twisties, through the Catoctin Mtn. twisties (Near Camp David), had lunch at The Cozy Inn, Thurmont Md., bought pies at the Orchard store, motored to Cunningham Falls State Park to eat them with the Central Maryland Mini Motorists. AWESOME day, awesome run, awesome people.

I did't think I could possibly love my MINI more....she did GREAT!!!!! This little British car has opened up a whole new world to me

2010 HzB Clubgirl, fairly loaded, MUCH LOVED

Old 06-26-2011, 03:11 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Giggles took me and my Hubby on our first MINI run!! Did 75 miles from Frederick, back road twisties, through the Catoctin Mtn. twisties (Near Camp David), had lunch at The Cozy Inn, Thurmont Md., bought pies at the Orchard store, motored to Cunningham Falls State Park to eat them with the Central Maryland Mini Motorists. AWESOME day, awesome run, awesome people.

I did't think I could possibly love my MINI more....she did GREAT!!!!! This little British car has opened up a whole new world to me

2010 HzB Clubgirl, fairly loaded, MUCH LOVED
Giggles, there is nothing like a Club Run to get you to say "Now I know why I bought a MINI!!"

Old 06-27-2011, 06:35 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
I am still floating from my first run and it's Monday and I don't care! Can't stop smiling as I pour over the pics from it!!

Old 07-19-2011, 03:16 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
No matter how bad a mood Im in after work, the second I get into my MINI to commute home on my twisty, country roads, I feel SOOO much better

NEVER fails

Old 07-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Tmini08
5th Gear
No matter how bad a mood Im in after work, the second I get into my MINI to commute home on my twisty, country roads, I feel SOOO much better

NEVER fails

Old 07-21-2011, 02:39 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
I hope that some of that MINI Magic runs off on me.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:42 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mrluckypa
I hope that some of that MINI Magic runs off on me.
I loved my MINI the second I picked her out, however my appreciation for what this little car can do intensified after my first rally with my Motoring Club, C3M. On that rally I was able to drive spiritedly and really push her limits safely. It was a rush!! It was like a MINI driving lesson. I am now extremely comfortable playing with her

Attending my next run this coming Sunday, and cant wait!! Part of the magic is meeting and sharing our obsession with other fantastic MINI owners!!! Join us, you don't live too far away. We have folks from all over, including New York and West Virginia

Old 07-21-2011, 06:15 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Now is the hard part. waiting for the day of delivery. My wife has wanted a MINI for the past 5 years but stated it was too small for her. Then came the CM. Rally's are something that I will look forward to and so will she. Unfortunately, my wife can no longer drive as she lost her eyesight but she can still enjoy the ride. She loved the test drives. will keep you posted as to the progress.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:35 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Now is the hard part. waiting for the day of delivery. My wife has wanted a MINI for the past 5 years but stated it was too small for her. Then came the CM. Rally's are something that I will look forward to and so will she. Unfortunately, my wife can no longer drive as she lost her eyesight but she can still enjoy the ride. She loved the test drives. will keep you posted as to the progress.
Please do! God bless both of you! Can't wait to hear. What did you order? Color, options,etc?!

Old 07-21-2011, 06:45 AM
zKryT
2nd Gear

NEVER fails
Agreed! There are some days that I don't think there is anything that will take me to a better place. But once my Mini starts purring, I cant help but smile

Old 07-21-2011, 07:09 AM
shorenetworks
2nd Gear
Got me past all of the slow pokes on nj turnpike, 195, and the GSP best one was the 2nd lane on the on ramp passing a toyota corolla three months since jumping off of the Toyota bandwagon do I miss my car at all? Nope

P.S. I have a Justa wonder what an S would do for the morning commute

Old 07-21-2011, 07:25 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by shorenetworks
Got me past all of the slow pokes on nj turnpike, 195, and the GSP best one was the 2nd lane on the on ramp passing a toyota corolla three months since jumping off of the Toyota bandwagon do I miss my car at all? Nope

P.S. I have a Justa wonder what an S would do for the morning commute
As a Justa owner...

The SPORT button does wonders!!!

Old 07-21-2011, 08:46 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Giggles,

we ordered a CM non S Light Coffee w/ black roof and mirrors. sunroof, sport seats, cold weather package, HK sound, auto AC Automatic and various other interior colors (I think all black) Thanks for your prayers.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:38 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Giggles,

we ordered a CM non S Light Coffee w/ black roof and mirrors. sunroof, sport seats, cold weather package, HK sound, auto AC Automatic and various other interior colors (I think all black) Thanks for your prayers.
Sounds AWESOME! Cant wait to see. When is estimated delivery?

Old 07-21-2011, 10:41 AM
36rodder
3rd Gear
My MINI Kept Me Cool

Unusually HOT here in western NY. I rarely use my air conditioning even in the middle of summer. I like the fresh air so I keep the sun roof & windows open, but today at lunch I cranked up air and my MINI kept me nice and cool. 102F.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:50 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 36rodder
Unusually HOT here in western NY. I rarely use my air conditioning even in the middle of summer. I like the fresh air so I keep the sun roof & windows open, but today at lunch I cranked up air and my MINI kept me nice and cool. 102F.

I'm with ya!! AC is GOOOOOD!! 99 here in Central Maryland

Old 07-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Not4no1
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went years & I never used my A/C, I figured that's why I have a cabrio...Until this week.

I tested the A/C for the first time in years and...NOTHING!!!

Bought the r-145-a or whatever it was called & followed the instructions.

I HAVE HAD COLD A/C FOR A WEEK NOW!!!

Thank you Butters for everything you do

Old 07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Not4no1
I went years & I never used my A/C, I figured that's why I have a cabrio...Until this week.

I tested the A/C for the first time in years and...NOTHING!!!

Bought the r-145-a or whatever it was called & followed the instructions.

I HAVE HAD COLD A/C FOR A WEEK NOW!!!

Thank you Butters for everything you do
I just love your MINI, and his name!!!! Too damned cute...
what is r-145-a (or whatever)???

Quick Reply: What did your MINI do for YOU today?