General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did your MINI do for YOU today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 04:24 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamMini
My Mini got me pulled over today cuz she has been a very baaaaaaad girl recently~~~
Good thing is that the policeman fell for her and gave me a pass even without a written warning.
The Power of Mini
PHEW!!

Old 08-14-2011, 04:26 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
My MINI made me miss her, as she sat quietly in our garage. We took hubby's Tacoma to historic Gettysburg, and visited the battlefields for his birthday...

Old 08-14-2011, 10:27 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
So, today, while walking back to my car I see a couple circling her ands peering inside. Me - HI! Them - We LOVE your MINI!

Made my day

3rd time thats happened in my 6 months of MINI heaven...

Old 08-14-2011, 03:12 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Giggles, hubby should have let you drive!!! It was his b'day and he should have relaxed. Gettysburg is a great place to visit. Boyd's bears!!! Eisenhower home, battlefields etc.

Just the fact that we have ordered ours, (still no word on delivery) my wife is excited, she has wanted a MINI for almost 5 years. As the day gets closer!!!!! Oh how her outlook on life has gotten.!!!!!

Last edited by mrluckypa; 08-14-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: changes
Old 08-15-2011, 07:45 AM
rustyeuro
5th Gear
drove me across the countryside back to my place.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:51 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mrluckypa
Giggles, hubby should have let you drive!!! It was his b'day and he should have relaxed. Gettysburg is a great place to visit. Boyd's bears!!! Eisenhower home, battlefields etc.

Just the fact that we have ordered ours, (still no word on delivery) my wife is excited, she has wanted a MINI for almost 5 years. As the day gets closer!!!!! Oh how her outlook on life has gotten.!!!!!
All was good. He loves driving his truck, as he has a company POS car for work..

I am so excited for you guys!! Cant wait to meet you, somewhere in Pa. when your MINI arrives :D

Old 08-15-2011, 08:37 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Molly smiled at me, I couldn't help but smile too, when I told her "Molly you are all MINE!!". I Paid Off her car loan on Friday
(3yrs., 3Mo., and 3wks. Post Delivery)!! WOOOO HOOOO!!

Old 08-16-2011, 04:21 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Molly smiled at me, I couldn't help but smile too, when I told her "Molly you are all MINE!!". I Paid Off her car loan on Friday
(3yrs., 3Mo., and 3wks. Post Delivery)!! WOOOO HOOOO!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Cant wait for that day, myself

Party on..

Old 08-16-2011, 05:14 AM
yetti96
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have 4 tires and wheels (mounted together) and 2 new tires all in the rear seat/boot area with the front seats all of the way back. I love getting looks from people as I haul down the road.

Last edited by yetti96; 08-17-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:43 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Just finding out that production of our CM began either yesterday or today. This put a big smile on both of our faces. Ask MINI Rep was not sure but it did begin. Maybe delivery by middle of Sept? Just in time for fall driving.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:39 AM
minimartin
1st Gear
mrluckypa

Looks like we are in the same production week. Going from not knowing anything to having a completion date (mine is 8/23 per ASKMINI) is exciting! We will have to track our progress through shipping. Mine will be going through GA to end up eventually at my doorstep in Texas!

Old 08-18-2011, 03:17 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Put a smile on our faces as the estimated completion date is 8/19. I anticipate delivery the middle of September. One huge step closer.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:27 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Put a smile on our faces as the estimated completion date is 8/19. I anticipate delivery the middle of September. One huge step closer.
YAHOO!!! That IS good news!! How long does the voyage across the pond usually take?

Old 08-18-2011, 04:31 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
My MINI has my friend, who drives a Hyundai Santa Fe, taking pics of MINI's everytime she happens upon one and then emails it to me. In the past 2 weeks she has sent me 3 pics!! I keep looking to see if they are members of C3M(my MINI motoring club). And my co2workers are CONSTANTLY telling me about how they are noticing MINI's now...so funny...

Old 08-18-2011, 05:48 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
It could take up to two weeks once it is loaded on the ship. I am hoping that it makes the next ship that is scheduled to leave on the 29th!!!! From what I gathered, it stops in England (CM is assembled in Austria) then Canada, then Boston, and then New Jersey and then other points along the way. Will start counting down the days once it is scheduled to be loaded on the ship. (also called a roro. (roll on roll off or justa car carrier)

Old 08-18-2011, 01:12 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Molly got me a MINI Wave on the way to work this morning!!
add: Got a MINI Wave on the way home tonight too!!

another add: it was just my Friend minicooperwill!! But I didn't know it was him 'til he sent me a FB Message!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 08-19-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:54 AM
murdoc
3rd Gear
Other than bring a huge smile to my face? Well, it got a great comment out of a co-worker. Here is the story. I work part time at a Lowe's a half mile from my house and to get to the parking lot, I go down a slight hill and turn left into the lot. Well, the other morning we were waiting for the delivery truck driver to back the truck to the loading dock and my co-worker looks at me and says "Every morning when I see you zip down that hill and swerve into the lot, I expect to see 2 more MINI's right behind you." I smiled from ear to ear. It truly made my day that day. Still makes me laugh when I think about it.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Clubman S Turbo
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well Murdoc, if you ever make it down here to the "deep south" (MD, LOL) The C3M group can bring you 16 more or more, we had a great run a bit ago where we had I believe it was close to 20, it was great fun watching the faces of people on the curb as they miss the first few and then slowly realize that a whole train of Coopers is rolling by, and then they start pointing and counting. Now thats entertainment.
And PS, I took the exit 77 on-ramp to I95 S this morning at just under 70, now that'll give ya a grin ................ (running just a tad late again, as almost usual )
Shout out Giggles ..............

Old 08-19-2011, 11:54 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Clubman S Turbo
Well Murdoc, if you ever make it down here to the "deep south" (MD, LOL) The C3M group can bring you 16 more or more, we had a great run a bit ago where we had I believe it was close to 20, it was great fun watching the faces of people on the curb as they miss the first few and then slowly realize that a whole train of Coopers is rolling by, and then they start pointing and counting. Now thats entertainment.
And PS, I took the exit 77 on-ramp to I95 S this morning at just under 70, now that'll give ya a grin ................ (running just a tad late again, as almost usual )
Shout out Giggles ..............
HOLLA, Clubman S Turbo! I agree, that is the BEST part of these runs!!! Doing the run with 2 non minio owners next weekend to wva! Can't wait!!

Old 08-19-2011, 11:56 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by murdoc
Other than bring a huge smile to my face? Well, it got a great comment out of a co-worker. Here is the story. I work part time at a Lowe's a half mile from my house and to get to the parking lot, I go down a slight hill and turn left into the lot. Well, the other morning we were waiting for the delivery truck driver to back the truck to the loading dock and my co-worker looks at me and says "Every morning when I see you zip down that hill and swerve into the lot, I expect to see 2 more MINI's right behind you." I smiled from ear to ear. It truly made my day that day. Still makes me laugh when I think about it.
I can dream Mark Wahlberg is close behind me ...oh, yea...

Old 08-19-2011, 12:43 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Dreaming

Just dreaming about Charlize Theron in that car behind me yes ma'am!!!!

Old 08-19-2011, 12:45 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Clubman S turbo, there was a time when my wife and I were in New York City down by the south street seaport and we had to wait for over 70 NYC police cars whizzing by us. and yes we did count I think I missed the first few!!!!

Old 08-19-2011, 01:20 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Just dreaming about Charlize Theron in that car behind me yes ma'am!!!!

Ya know, for somebody who doesn't even have their MINI, yet, you sure have posted a lot here!

Hope you join our group, Clubman S Turbo is a member, also. Great group of fun folks!

Old 08-19-2011, 01:34 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
I know that, Once I get started on something that I adore and really want, I can't stop reading and participating in discussions. If I drive people crazy I apologize, Just ask my wife!!!! LOL!!!! I think that she is more excited than I am. She's wanted one for years and now that the opportunity presented itself she finally said YES and has become .

Old 08-19-2011, 01:41 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
No worriess!! I annoy everyone constantly with my MINI obsession!! My husband is starting to tune me out..lol

Quick Reply: What did your MINI do for YOU today?