General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did your MINI do for YOU today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 02:54 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by minted-rose

today, my mini told me everything will be alright.
tomorrow, it'll lighten my mood in between 16 hours of work.
YIKES, 16 hours..ick!!! Are you a member of C3M? Central Maryland MINI Motorists???? We do some great MINI runs. Find us at www.meet-up.com under C3M.

And your MINI is right, it will be ok!! Mine is taking me to Skyline Drive this weekend

Old 09-01-2011, 03:01 PM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
No, I'm not a member of C3M. I have been to the website though and saw that there's going to be a meet up at The Pub Dog in Columbia on Sat, 9/24. Sadly, I had already bought my bus tickets to and from NYC for that day hours before I saw that meet up. I was pretty crushed about that.

I told my buddy about the Columbia meet up and he was saddened also. He's going to NYC with me that day. He also owns a MINI.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:07 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minted-rose
No, I'm not a member of C3M. I have been to the website though and saw that there's going to be a meet up at The Pub Dog in Columbia on Sat, 9/24. Sadly, I had already bought my bus tickets to and from NYC for that day hours before I saw that meet up. I was pretty crushed about that.

I told my buddy about the Columbia meet up and he was saddened also. He's going to NYC with me that day. He also owns a MINI.
No worries!! There WILL be more runs added soon, with fall approaching!! Go ahead and join. You may be our 300th member!!!!

Old 09-01-2011, 03:12 PM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
ok. joined! i think i am the 300th member :D

Old 09-01-2011, 06:08 PM
OKCdancer
3rd Gear
it ALWAYS makes me GRIN!

Old 09-04-2011, 05:16 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Yesterday actually, introduced her to Skyline Drive! She performed beautifully, had a blast! Picnicked, motored, and purchased 75th anniversary shirt and wine glass :D

Old 09-04-2011, 06:38 AM
MiamiGuitarMan
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not today but last weekend, finally installed the trailer hitch I had been waiting patiently for since I bought the car in April. Took about 2 hours including a half hour rain delay. Now I can finally carry my bike again! Although unfortunately this is Miami, it's the middle of the rainy season and also mosquito season so there's not much biking fun to be found. Been wanting to go on some trails in the everglades but they are all muddy and the mosquitoes are unbearable even with bug spray.

But at least I'm ready for when the weather gets better!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 06:56 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Giggles,

Awesome trip. Can't wait to start taking trips in our MINI. So tired of being uncomfortable and bored!!!!!!! 17 days to go (I hope)

Old 09-04-2011, 07:15 AM
MiniTS-05
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GigglesMcMini
Yesterday actually, introduced her to Skyline Drive! She performed beautifully, had a blast! Picnicked, motored, and purchased 75th anniversary shirt and wine glass :D
Sounds like a lot of fun.
Do you have any pictures to share?

Old 09-04-2011, 07:51 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Got some good pics, even of a couple of bears! Can't figure out how to download from my iPad....erg...it as a blast! Did post pics on fb, though...

Old 09-04-2011, 07:57 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mrluckypa
Giggles,

Awesome trip. Can't wait to start taking trips in our MINI. So tired of being uncomfortable and bored!!!!!!! 17 days to go (I hope)
Aww...soon! It was a great trip. Hoping to make it a yearly run with my C3M club!!! We even spotted a Momma bear and her cub. going to post them on my fb wall as soon as they are downloaded to my pc. Have some pics of my MINI up there on fb. Are you on Facebook??? If so, friend me. (Deborah Beatty McMullin)

Old 09-04-2011, 07:57 AM
MiniTS-05
3rd Gear
Got some good pics, even of a couple of bears! Can't figure out how to download from my iPad....erg...it as a blast! Did post pics on fb, though...
sent ya a PM.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Kirby11
5th Gear
Tonight my Mini paid me to do a mod. I was installing the armrest and when I lifted up the seat rail there were three quarters and a nickel underneath. Thank you, Kirby!

Old 09-08-2011, 04:30 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kirby11
Tonight my Mini paid me to do a mod. I was installing the armrest and when I lifted up the seat rail there were three quarters and a nickel underneath. Thank you, Kirby!
AWWWWWW....WHO'S a good MINI?........KIRBY is!!!!!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:38 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
She made me happy to be able to bring her home from her overnight stay @ MINI of Portland, they took great care of her, but every time I went into the garage and saw the Loaner I got , but now that she's HOME...I'm AGAIN!!

Old 09-08-2011, 11:53 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Awwwww....yay!

Old 09-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Cary Cooper
3rd Gear
It wasn't today because of torrential rain but Tuesday I had a really rough day at work. Cary "took" me to my favorite winding, 9-mile rally-turn-laden, amusement park stretch of road and my day ended with a satisfied smile!

Old 09-08-2011, 11:58 PM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Cary Cooper
It wasn't today because of torrential rain but Tuesday I had a really rough day at work. Cary "took" me to my favorite winding, 9-mile rally-turn-laden, amusement park stretch of road and my day ended with a satisfied smile!

This "monsoon" we've been experiencing has been far greater this year than last, it seems.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:41 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
I agree with Minted-rose..horrible downpours and other weather conditions this year! Cary, I got Rose to join our Central Maryland Mini Motorists (C3M), why don't you check us out at www.meetup.com? Fun people who share our MINI enthusiasm. We do some really fun runs!

Old 09-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Cary Cooper
3rd Gear
Cary, I got Rose to join our Central Maryland Mini Motorists (C3M), why don't you check us out at www.meetup.com? Fun people who share our MINI enthusiasm. We do some really fun runs!
I will indeed. Thank you. Since Cary joined the family we thought it would be really fun to go motoring with other enthusiasts but haven't had much luck finding a club. A friend suggested DC Metro Minis and also directed me to NAM. DCMM sounded like an interesting club. We wanted to try and hook up with them first to see if we liked the group before joining and so i contacted them at their website. It appears we must join the club officially and pay dues first! disappointing. When is your clubs next outing? We'd love to come and meet folks.

Sorry others for the unrelated post here.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:24 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
I will indeed. Thank you. Since Cary joined the family we thought it would be really fun to go motoring with other enthusiasts but haven't had much luck finding a club. A friend suggested DC Metro Minis and also directed me to NAM. DCMM sounded like an interesting club. We wanted to try and hook up with them first to see if we liked the group before joining and so i contacted them at their website. It appears we must join the club officially and pay dues first! disappointing. When is your clubs next outing? We'd love to come and meet folks.

Sorry others for the unrelated post here.
Sept 24 - 3rd Qtr. Meet n Greet at The Pub Dog, Columbia, Md; 4:30. I won't make that one, as I'm doing the run on the 25th. You can see the scheduled runs when you go online. Looking forward to meeting you!

Old 09-09-2011, 10:34 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
BTW - FREE to join!!!!

Old 09-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Cary Cooper
3rd Gear
You can see the scheduled runs when you go online. Looking forward to meeting you!
Just joined C3M! Thanks!

Old 09-12-2011, 07:29 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
She took me to the wine fest where I was selling my hand crafted jewelry. I got to park her next to my tent where she was admired. Then 2 of my MINI friends from my C3M mini club joined me....great fun ensued...awesome weekend!!!

Old 09-12-2011, 07:47 AM
Not4no1
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This past weekend Butters took me & 3 of my friends to Kings Island & back.
248 miles, 4 hours & 26 minutes of fun...Oh, Kings Island was a blast too!

He got a bath yesterday for all his hard work...he's such a good boy!

Quick Reply: What did your MINI do for YOU today?