General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did your MINI do for YOU today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 01:45 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'll be damned...

Been contemplating on most likely changing out my 16"chrome alloy wheels and RF's for 17" Gloss black wheels and a more winter worthy tire. Was told repeatedly at dealership that because I have RF's I don't need a spare tire. I figured I'd need to buy a spare and the kit required to keep it in the boot of my Clubman. On a whim we decided to open up the back and take everything out. Huh, if we don't have a spare why is there a jack in here? On a whim we lifted that whole level out...and....wait for it....THERE'S A SPARE TIRE IN MY MINI!!!

WOOOHOOOO She just saved me a lot of money Now I'm going for it!!!!!!!

2010 HzB Clubgirl, fairly loaded, much loved

Old 09-20-2011, 03:11 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
It would appear Giggles really likes classical music. When I play my Mozart CD she definitely has more horse power and handles even better on the curves...hmmmm...

Wonder if she'll like Beethoven...

Old 09-20-2011, 07:26 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has Giggles been allowed to listen to anything other than Classical music. What about Tchaikovsky or Rimsky Korsakov or ????? anything but brahm!!!! That would lull Giggles to sleep.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Kirby11
5th Gear
I think Ride of the Valkyries could really get Giggles flying...

Old 09-21-2011, 04:16 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
She's very picky about stuff that plays on the radio. She likes Black Eyed Peas, "It's gonna be a good night". It's gotta be upbeat stuff, but she really LOVES Mozart!! Can't find my other classical cd's since we moved to Maryland. Going to have to purchase Tchaikovsky and Valkyries...thanks for the suggestions!! :->

Old 09-24-2011, 12:53 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Yesterday took delivery of our CM in the rain even though had a big smile on both of our faces. Took her out today enjoyed every minute. We both have Jello pudding smiles on our faces (LOL) We are enjoying the Srius/XM radio to the fullest. Pics are coming, just need that sun to come out and put a smile on our CM. I don't like depressing pictures.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:48 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mrluckypa
Yesterday took delivery of our CM in the rain even though had a big smile on both of our faces. Took her out today enjoyed every minute. We both have Jello pudding smiles on our faces (LOL) We are enjoying the Srius/XM radio to the fullest. Pics are coming, just need that sun to come out and put a smile on our CM. I don't like depressing pictures.
Jello pudding smiles..hahaha. In MINI speak that is referred to as the "permagrin"

Also, understand that it is perfectly NORMAL to go look at her numerous times. Hopefully you have her in a garage so your neighbors don't notice this odd quirk. After 8 months of ownership i STILL do this. At work I try to park her just outside the window of my lobby where I work so I just have to glance up, see her...PERMAGRIN so happy for you guys!:thumbsup

Old 09-24-2011, 02:05 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Neighbor came over and stated "nice oversized lawnmower" I opened the drivers door and he proceeded to sit inside and changed his tune. For a small car this is alot bigger than I expected. He loved the design, layout and quality. He now gets it. Only thing I didn't do was let him take our MINI for a ride. Took pics but I have to wait for the sun to come out to give everyone the real colors.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
My MINI made me laugh last week. Found a note under the wiper that read, "This is a hot a$$ car". Still have no idea who left it.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:23 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
OMG, that is just too awesome!!! I love it when random strangers walk up to me in parking lots to ask and comment on her...GREAT feeling!

Old 09-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
And I thought for sure it was one of my office mates. But when I showed them the note, it was obvious none of them had left it. That's some effort for a complete stranger - I've said the same thing about a number of cars, but I've never pulled out a pen to leave a note.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:31 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Albiecrazy
My MINI made me laugh last week. Found a note under the wiper that read, "This is a hot a$$ car". Still have no idea who left it.
Very C@@L!!

Old 09-24-2011, 06:14 PM
MiniTS-05
3rd Gear
Blue took me to Summit Point today and we have a ton of fun driving on the Main Circuit. Brought me back home in one piece

Old 09-25-2011, 06:58 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
She's taking me on my third Mini run with my Mini Motoring Club here in Maryland! :D

Old 09-25-2011, 10:48 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Yesterday, she made me take notice of a Morris Mini driving through the WallyMart Parking Lot and then introduce myself (sadly not the Morris) to a fellow MINIac in same parking lot, gave him our Club Card!!

Old 09-25-2011, 05:25 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Had a rough run today. A deer strike and a pothole that made airbags deploy....not fun..

Old 09-25-2011, 05:29 PM
MiniTS-05
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GigglesMcMini
Had a rough run today. A deer strike and a pothole that made airbags deploy....not fun..
whoa I'm sorry to hear, but are you ok? I thought of making the run today but i was too tired, and i won't have any free time till after the 17th of October. But will try to make out with the group.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
That's bad, Giggles. Did they happen at the same time?

Old 09-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Clubman S Turbo
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That was a bad day. First a Countryman whacked a deer, think everybodys okay but that was a scare, then Steve hit a pothole and deployed all the pass side curtain bags and bent his upper rear locator rod, cambering the rear wheel in majorly. And it looks like the front tire has sidewall damage, that'll be a goner too. The insurance adjusters are gonna be busy :(
Not a great day, but everybody walked away so thank Heaven for favours and grace.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:44 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
I agree....rough day but all ok...

Old 09-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Clubman S Turbo
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I decided not to waste the geographic coincidences so when I saw an exit sign, I jumped on over to see Antietem Battlefield, it was only 10 miles away and Ive never been. Got some great pix.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:04 PM
SWAgoat
2nd Gear
Das Cooper took me and my sons to the NORCAL MINIS end of summer picnic. Met some more club members and got a lot of looks from folks as the club made the run from Castro Valley to Martinez CA. It's priceless to see the look on peoples faces as 15 MINIS roll pass!

Old 09-25-2011, 08:55 PM
swpars
2nd Gear
Our Mini frustrated me today, because I found out it arrived at the dealer but it won't be ready for pickup until Thursday. Ugh.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:43 PM
PatM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got it nice a dirty today in a driving rainstorm. Coming home from Church the sky just opened up.

I have not washed him yet so he is a bit unhappy. Though he is back in the garage all safe and sound.

Fulburt is a tough guy and can wait a bit.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:35 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Albiecrazy
That's bad, Giggles. Did they happen at the same time?
No, about 5 mts into the 2nd half (after a nice lunch) the deer strike happened. Driver shaken, but ok, went home. Got saome awesome twisties in before the lead hit a nasty pothole. He drove a little more, only to realize there was more damage than he though

All unfortunate, unforseeable miss haps. This run had been rescheduled as it was originally cancelled due to hurricane Irene...

Quick Reply: What did your MINI do for YOU today?