General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eyes Windshield Shades

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011 | 06:47 PM
Eyeshades
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhoIsPurpleGoo
dittin,

thanks for the hard work on this.

i just placed my order. just out of curiosity, since i'm ordering for a midnight black mini, will the eyebrows be visible? if not, i think i had mentioned in an earlier post that i'd like to go a shade lighter on the eyelids (maybe dark silver/grey)so the black eye brows stand out a bit. please let me know. thanks again.
I guess I forgot to update your design here on NAM, but I did lighten the "black" per your request a while back. Here it is:

Name:  NervousMBSilver-1.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  8.6 KB

Old 09-14-2011 | 07:03 PM
WhoIsPurpleGoo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Eyeshades
I guess I forgot to update your design here on NAM, but I did lighten the "black" per your request a while back. Here it is:

that will definitely work. can't wait to get it.

Old 09-14-2011 | 08:19 PM
TiggerGTO
3rd Gear
I just ordered Taz in Eclipse Gray with Chili Red brows. Looking forward to seeing it.

Old 09-14-2011 | 08:39 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey your screen name has changed! And you are a real regestered vendor! Must be getting close to production time?

Old 09-14-2011 | 08:55 PM
Eyeshades
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by TiggerGTO
I just ordered Taz in Eclipse Gray with Chili Red brows. Looking forward to seeing it.
So am I! I hope to see pics of these in action once you guys get them!

Old 09-14-2011 | 08:59 PM
Eyeshades
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by DICKS GARAGE R53
Hey your screen name has changed! And you are a real regestered vendor! Must be getting close to production time?
Hey! Yes! I'm actually taking 50 preorders right now as a one-time only discount on the shades. They will be for MINI's only at this time. After that, it'll be on an individual basis. Here is the link to the purchase page: http://www.artisticreflection.com/MI...sPurchase.html

Oh and I still have my Dittin account, just can't post to sell under that name. I'll be around on the forums with that name though!

Old 09-14-2011 | 10:31 PM
LaurenMini
2nd Gear
I put in an order for one of my shades. I'll have to budget for the second one. Thanks for these. I can't wait.

Old 09-14-2011 | 10:33 PM
Eyeshades
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by LaurenMini
I put in an order for one of my shades. I'll have to budget for the second one. Thanks for these. I can't wait.
Got it! Thanks! The sleepy one is a good choice.

Old 09-14-2011 | 10:52 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So glad you've joined the vendor ranks! These are awesome.

Old 09-14-2011 | 11:02 PM
Eyeshades
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by wandrur
So glad you've joined the vendor ranks! These are awesome.
Thank you! I've had a lot of fun putting this together!

Old 09-15-2011 | 04:01 AM
TiggerGTO
3rd Gear
So am I! I hope to see pics of these in action once you guys get them!
Most definitely. I'll post pictures as soon as I can after getting the shade. Any idea how long the production/delivery cycle will take?

Danny

Old 09-15-2011 | 04:10 AM
TiggerGTO
3rd Gear

Dittin (or should I say Eyeshades)... I think this is the eye color I want for my gray Taz with red brows. To me, the blue you put in the design tracking page was a bit too blue. If you think there's something else that would look better, please mock it up for me; otherwise, go with this for the eye color.

Old 09-15-2011 | 06:25 PM
Eyeshades
Former Vendor
Taking preorders!

There's lots of preorders to go! Get your custom eyes sunshade here:

http://www.artisticreflection.com/MI...sPurchase.html

Old 09-15-2011 | 06:27 PM
eaglebeagle
4th Gear
looks great and all, but $155 is just too much.. soory

Old 09-15-2011 | 06:39 PM
RallyCat
2nd Gear
Just put in my order...can't wait!!

(It is under the jaclynalove e-mail address for design #60 if that helps)

Old 09-15-2011 | 06:40 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Order Placed!

Old 09-16-2011 | 10:12 AM
Eyeshades
Former Vendor
You guys are awesome! We are now 1/5th of the way there! Who else wants eyes for their MINI!? Spread the word!

Old 09-16-2011 | 10:23 AM
Kermit
1st Gear
Kermit Is In!

Mines Ordered! Great Work Kristin!!!

Old 09-16-2011 | 10:26 AM
TiggerGTO
3rd Gear
You guys are awesome! We are now 1/5th of the way there! Who else wants eyes for their MINI!? Spread the word!
Sorry, but I look at this a little differently than Dittin. We're only 1/5th of the way there? When I saw the announcement, I rushed to put in my order because I was afraid I would miss the initial batch. Come on everybody. Dittin has over 100 shades on her tracking page. Surely at least half of you people can pony up and order a very cool and unique accessory for your MINI. Come on... I want my shade... you know you want yours too.

Old 09-16-2011 | 10:58 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by TiggerGTO
Sorry, but I look at this a little differently than Dittin. We're only 1/5th of the way there? When I saw the announcement, I rushed to put in my order because I was afraid I would miss the initial batch. Come on everybody. Dittin has over 100 shades on her tracking page. Surely at least half of you people can pony up and order a very cool and unique accessory for your MINI. Come on... I want my shade... you know you want yours too.
I've ordered mine, but I think the discrepancy between the number of designs on the tracking page and the number of actual orders is because of the price. If I hadn't already verbally committed to buying one, I don't think I would ever consider paying $175 with shipping for a sunshade, no matter how cute it is.

Old 09-16-2011 | 11:36 AM
RallyCat
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ScottRiqui
I've ordered mine, but I think the discrepancy between the number of designs on the tracking page and the number of actual orders is because of the price. If I hadn't already verbally committed to buying one, I don't think I would ever consider paying $175 with shipping for a sunshade, no matter how cute it is.
I have to agree with Scott, although I am really looking forward to getting my shade!

Old 09-16-2011 | 11:47 AM
Eyeshades
Former Vendor
As much as I wish I could have gotten the price lower for you guys, it is what it is. In fact, we are doing this bulk order just to keep the price as low as possible at this time. Thank you to those who are understanding about that.

While I know that the price is definitely high for a sunshade, keep in mind that these are going to be custom-made for you. They are each a printed piece of artwork that is essentially displayed in your MINI's windshield. I've had art professionally printed before and it's never been cheap to get done right.

I may have to set a cut-off date for the preorders so that those of you who have ordered a shade aren't waiting for the rest to follow through. Perhaps the sunshade manufacturer will be kind enough to let us order a fraction of the minimum bulk order at the bulk price. Crazier things have happened.

Old 09-16-2011 | 12:01 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Don't get me wrong - I really appreciate everything you've done to make this happen - I coordinated a group buy of MINI club shirts once, with each shirt having a different design, and I remember what a nightmare that was, and I realize that this is an order of magnitude more complicated.

I'm sure I'll forget all about the price once my wife sees the shade in her car, but at almost triple the cost of the (already pricey) OEM shade, plus $20 to ship it, it was just a bit of a sticker shock initially.

Old 09-16-2011 | 12:02 PM
TiggerGTO
3rd Gear
Yes, I have to agree ScottRiqui and RallyCat. The price is probably higher than most people expected even after Kristin tried to set expectations previously. That's probably why people aren't jumping in and ordering as quickly as you would have hoped given the interest shown so far. As she stated in her last response, she's worked hard to keep the prices as low as possible, but these are custom "one off" pieces. That's never going to be as cheap as an off the shelf item.

Maybe if Kristin gets some volume going, she can reduce the price by limiting the choices and getting better bulk orders. But, that's a double-edged sword because reducing the choices might reduce the number of people who would order.

Kristin, thanks for your hard work on these shades, and I hope you can get enough orders to make this a viable and ongoing endeavor.

Old 09-16-2011 | 12:07 PM
minilauren
2nd Gear
I haven't done it yet for several reasons:

1) Still getting over sticker shock. I'll come around to it eventually, but as I'm dropping over $30,000 next week on my car...well, yeah...I'll come around to it. :-D
2) Keep looking at the eye designs and really can't decide if the "happy" one is the one I want since I can only get one...
3) Need to find a time when my credit card is near my computer and can actually place the other.

Okay, lame excuses, but it is what it is.

Quick Reply: Eyes Windshield Shades