General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eyes Windshield Shades

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011 | 12:12 PM
Eyeshades
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again for your support, everyone. I really appreciate that.

I'll start thinking of a cut-off date and will speak with the shade manufacturer about hopefully giving us a break on the minimum order number. 50 is turning out to be a lot.

That being said, if anyone is still on the fence about a shade, ordering now means you are getting a lower cost than if you wait. After the preorder goes through, the price will become full price although the shades will then be on an individual basis.

Old 09-16-2011 | 12:47 PM
Vampelley
1st Gear
I ordered! I cannot wait. I'm glad everyone is being slow pokes. I was scared when i read the order page was up that i missed my chance!

I personally was fine with the price. VroomS deserves to be able to at least see whats going on while i'm working or shopping. Can you image sitting in a parking lot BLIND? Its practically MINI ABUSE! Besides, everything about Mini ends up being expensive, this has been the least painful thing so far! Going out to my car and seeing those big eyes looking back at me will make even the worst day..better.

Old 09-16-2011 | 12:54 PM
Eyeshades
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Vampelley
I ordered! I cannot wait. I'm glad everyone is being slow pokes. I was scared when i read the order page was up that i missed my chance!

I personally was fine with the price. VroomS deserves to be able to at least see whats going on while i'm working or shopping. Can you image sitting in a parking lot BLIND? Its practically MINI ABUSE! Besides, everything about Mini ends up being expensive, this has been the least painful thing so far! Going out to my car and seeing those big eyes looking back at me will make even the worst day..better.
That is EXACTLY my thoughts when I see Volly looking back at me from his parking spot. He has such attitude now as well! He always looks like, "Well, what are you waiting for?! Let's GO!" He also has to sit there and make faces at all the other cars.

Old 09-16-2011 | 01:08 PM
Vampelley
1st Gear
LOL i need a stupid mini glovebox organizer...that thing is like $70 and i GUARANTEE i am going to enjoy that a whole lot less.

Old 09-16-2011 | 05:02 PM
Kermit
1st Gear
Hey you fence sitters!

If you give up one latte a week you will have paid for your shade in less than a year. Life's to short, do whats fun, you can't take it with you!

Cheers,
Kermit

Old 09-18-2011 | 07:03 AM
Rjgross
3rd Gear
Dittin, I never provided any details on what I was looking for. My wife has a Bright Yellow countryman. She is working on a Wizard of Oz theme, specifically the wicked witch. I wondered if you could do something like a wicked witch. Bright yellow iris, and green eyebrows. Sometype of a mean or wicked look. Let me know if you come up with something. I deffinently want to order for the countyman, Thanks

Old 09-18-2011 | 07:25 AM
jrsamples
1st Gear
Dittin,

Any way of getting a somewhat version of this Taz's eyes? Hoping the expression comes through that is!

Mine is design #95. Please change eye color to more lime green (more vivid green )

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Eyes Windshield Shades-taz-747618.jpg  
Old 09-18-2011 | 08:14 AM
MollyNC1
2nd Gear
I just ordered! I think this is a brilliant idea and I am always for supporting the entrepreneurial spirit! I really believe that when people start seeing these out there, you are going to be getting more orders than you can handle...for cars of all sorts. Good luck on this venture, and I look forward to seeing my "Wicked Girl" eyes on Luna!

Old 09-18-2011 | 05:54 PM
K9Chris
1st Gear
Just added my order too, I had to check with the wife. She said "Well, since we paid so much for the car we might as well spend a little more to make different."

I went for the "The Rock" in BRG2 and dark brown eyes. Now comes the wait!!!

Old 09-18-2011 | 06:00 PM
reddbettie
1st Gear
Dittin, if I ordered more than one, would i get combined shipping? I'm considering grabbing one for my dad's MINI as well.

Old 09-19-2011 | 09:30 AM
Eyeshades
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Rjgross
Dittin, I never provided any details on what I was looking for. My wife has a Bright Yellow countryman. She is working on a Wizard of Oz theme, specifically the wicked witch. I wondered if you could do something like a wicked witch. Bright yellow iris, and green eyebrows. Sometype of a mean or wicked look. Let me know if you come up with something. I deffinently want to order for the countyman, Thanks
Of course! I'll start working on a design for the Wicked Witch Countryman. That's a very unique theme!

Old 09-19-2011 | 09:31 AM
Eyeshades
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jrsamples
Dittin,

Any way of getting a somewhat version of this Taz's eyes? Hoping the expression comes through that is!

Mine is design #95. Please change eye color to more lime green (more vivid green )

Thanks
Sure! I'll get this design going as well!

Old 09-19-2011 | 09:33 AM
Eyeshades
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by reddbettie
Dittin, if I ordered more than one, would i get combined shipping? I'm considering grabbing one for my dad's MINI as well.
Yes, I will certainly combine shipping. If anyone needs to do this, just send me a PM with the car types, car colors, iris colors, and expressions needed for the multiple shades and I'll send you a custom invoice with combined shipping. Oh and don't forget your PayPal email address so I know where to send it!

Old 09-19-2011 | 10:07 AM
Mini_Voyager
Motorholic
Would it be possible for you to come up with a design for a BRG (with same color roof) R56 (2007) and using the Playful, but for a female though. And maybe one for Wicked Girly one? Dora (and a future 2012 MCS at some point) have/will have gold stripes on her bonnet? So maybe green and gold for the eye colors??? Just trying to see what it'd look like before I place an order.

Last edited by Mini_Voyager; 09-19-2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Added model info.
Old 09-19-2011 | 11:59 AM
Eyeshades
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jrsamples
Dittin,

Thanks
Another version of the Taz eyes:
Name:  Taz2LBLimeGreenpanther.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  14.9 KB

Old 09-19-2011 | 02:23 PM
Dittin
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Rjgross
Though she is nothing without her black hat, Wicked Witch MINI will get you! And your little dog too!

Old 09-19-2011 | 03:03 PM
Dittin
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini_Voyager
Would it be possible for you to come up with a design for a BRG (with same color roof) R56 (2007) and using the Playful, but for a female though. And maybe one for Wicked Girly one? Dora (and a future 2012 MCS at some point) have/will have gold stripes on her bonnet? So maybe green and gold for the eye colors??? Just trying to see what it'd look like before I place an order.
Mini_Voyager, here are your design requests:
Name:  PlayfulFemaleBRGGold.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  17.4 KB
Name:  WickedGirlyBRGGold.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  19.5 KB

Old 09-19-2011 | 06:32 PM
Minian
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haven't been keeping up, but my order has been placed!!! C'mon folks lets get these orders in. Most of you are paying for your design. You didn't think a "quality one-off" screen (basically) was going to be cheap did you. If Dittin came up with the design you asked for think about the time she spent on your project. I have sticker shock too, but I got what I asked for. Not trying to start a fuss, just want you guys to hurry so I can receive my screen!!

Old 09-19-2011 | 06:34 PM
Minian
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dittin

WOW!! Those eyes won't be hard to see.

Old 09-19-2011 | 06:40 PM
WhoIsPurpleGoo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Minian
Haven't been keeping up, but my order has been placed!!! C'mon folks lets get these orders in. Most of you are paying for your design. You didn't think a "quality one-off" screen (basically) was going to be cheap did you. If Dittin came up with the design you asked for think about the time she spent on your project. I have sticker shock too, but I got what I asked for. Not trying to start a fuss, just want you guys to hurry so I can receive my screen!!

i thought the same thing. in fact, i don't think anyone else has requested the design i asked dittin to put together, so it might actually be a one-off.

shade + artwork + some profit for the effort

the price seemed fair to me.

Old 09-19-2011 | 06:52 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dittin

I love #2 out of theese ones!

Old 09-19-2011 | 09:40 PM
jrsamples
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Eyeshades
Dittin,

How about one with brown eyes and one with blue eyes instread of green, with regular eyes as well as panther eyes. Also #95 (regular taz) with the same brown and blue iteration. Can't decide which I like the best.....

Thanks a bunch!!!

Old 09-20-2011 | 05:01 AM
Mini_Voyager
Motorholic
Originally Posted by DICKS GARAGE R53
I love #2 out of theese ones!
Indeed--I'm trying to picture them on my car though, so I can decide between them...decision decision decision....

Old 09-20-2011 | 09:27 AM
reddbettie
1st Gear
Dittin, I already placed my order for a Glam British Racing Green. I was having a hard time deciding between the Glam and the Cute ones. Anyway you can make eyelashes somewhere between the Cute and Glam ones? I like the iris placement of the Glam one.

Old 09-20-2011 | 11:31 AM
jrsamples
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Eyeshades
Dittin,

Can you try one with blue eyes and one with brown eyes, not so sure about the green. Try with regular eyes as well. Please do the same for #95 on your website as well.

Thanks a bunch.

Quick Reply: Eyes Windshield Shades