General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your MINI Garage

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Squirlz
It IS bigger than the house! I'm very lucky to have married a "car chick" who shares my dreams.

I am getting on eof those seats for my Logitech G27 and GT5. Holla!

Old 12-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Squirlz
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SCMountaineer
hmm...yeah, not gonna be posting any pics of MY garage on this thread. (with its piles of pool toys, Christmas decorations, and leftover bits of furniture) But do want to know how high the garage ceilings have to be for a lift to work, and the black and white floor in the first post--are those just peel and stick vinyl tiles?
I have 10 1/2' walls and scissor trusses. I'll post pictures after I get my Titan 4-post lift assembled.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Gitmoe
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SCMountaineer
hmm...yeah, not gonna be posting any pics of MY garage on this thread. (with its piles of pool toys, Christmas decorations, and leftover bits of furniture) But do want to know how high the garage ceilings have to be for a lift to work, and the black and white floor in the first post--are those just peel and stick vinyl tiles?
Two of these floors appear to be a product called Park Smart Tiles. Something I have been looking into for my garage refinish. Im still wondering if I can use a jack on them though. Here's a link with more info... http://www.autogeek.net/parksmart-ga...loor-tile.html

Old 12-02-2011, 01:32 PM
motor12
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing fancy, but it keeps the rain off and is secure...

Attached Thumbnails Your MINI Garage-img_3901.jpg  
Old 12-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Patches
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Gitmoe
Two of these floors appear to be a product called Park Smart Tiles. Something I have been looking into for my garage refinish. Im still wondering if I can use a jack on them though. Here's a link with more info... http://www.autogeek.net/parksmart-ga...loor-tile.html
Mine is Racedeck tile from: racedeck.com

I have used my jack on it without detriment but would rather use a protecting pice of carboard or something similar if I were going to do it frequently. I have a 4-post lift so tend to use that mostly.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Cred
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mschiml
At the request of NAM user Cred, we thought we'd ask, what's your MINI garage look like? Here's a few of mine...
I love your garage, organized, color coordinated to match your Minis, and super cool. Your garage inspired me to start to redo mine.

Patches-
Love your garage too. How do you like the BendPak lift. I like to wrench a bit on my d90 Rover and would love the ability to wrench with my vehicle up. I have 15 ft ceiling so the lift could accommodate my lifted truck without problem.

It IS bigger than the house! I'm very lucky to have married a "car chick" who shares my dreams.
I love the lounge! Great idea for a car family.

My garage started out like this...

In anticipation of our new Mini we updated our garage. It's not done yet, but about 75% of the way there. I am still looking for a lift to buy in the summer, add a tv and stereo, and some auto art work for the walls. Hopefully I will finish up on the garage when the weather warms again.

My garage currently it looks like this...

Old 12-02-2011, 07:17 PM
user 837978240
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
+1 for awesomeness Cred. Nice!

Old 12-02-2011, 09:19 PM
cereal
4th Gear
All of these garages are amazing! I definitely need to get into a home soon...the place I have now (the gf loves calling it the "flat" ever since I got the MINI) is great and has a garage...but it still isn't mine.

+1 to everyone who's posted their garages! Very well done.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:40 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
How do you guys all have such nice clean garages! Ours looks more like a commercial grease-ball garage. I won't even post a photo next to these luxury garages! lol

Old 12-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Squirlz
6th Gear
Very nice Cred!

Old 12-03-2011, 09:15 AM
gixxerjasen
4th Gear
Nothing quite as extravagant as some of the beautiful ones pictured on here. However, you must know that it takes a pretty special car for me to move the motorcycles over to make room.

Of course, my main reason for putting it in the garage was so it'd be out of sight while we head off on vacation. Also, it's much easier to hop in a semi-warm car than a super cold car in the morning. When the weather warms up or I start working on motorcycle projects it'll likely move back outside. :D

Old 12-16-2011, 05:03 PM
PopATL
1st Gear
Finished my garage this past weekend. The things we do for our MINIs.

Attached Thumbnails Your MINI Garage-dsc01062.jpg   Your MINI Garage-dsc01066.jpg  
Old 12-16-2011, 07:57 PM
SpicyMaguro
4th Gear
We're just happy we were able to organize our garage to get Hobbes into it! It's the first time EVER having a car in our garage in 15 years!

Old 12-16-2011, 08:17 PM
cereal
4th Gear
I prefer to think that the MINI's live in the house while you live in the guest house.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:29 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Originally Posted by christomapher
Do you have an extra space? I'm in Chicago and this is what my garage looks like currently:

I love what you've done with the place! It's so open and airy without any sense of claustrophobia inherent in so many of today's garages! By the way, is that large brown and red mobile tool case in the background the new one from Snap-on I've been reading about?

All kidding aside that is a beautiful Mini!!

Old 12-16-2011, 08:42 PM
89AKurt
6th Gear
Trigger is parked in the back.......
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53074154@N00/4681866985/I'm so going to hell for lying here!

Old 12-16-2011, 08:43 PM
fhdogs
2nd Gear
Some very nice garages here! I've already gotten some ideas for finishing on my new garage that we are breaking ground on in the spring. 4500+ sq feet of auto heaven! Once it is done I will definitely be hosting work parties for all of my MINI friends. Please keep posting images of your spaces everyone.

Unfortunately the floor in the current garage has sunk about two feet and the MINI can't get in anymore. In the mean time... this is where my MINI will spend the winter...
Your MINI Garage-img_0364.jpg

Old 12-16-2011, 08:45 PM
fhdogs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 89AKurt
Trigger is parked in the back.......

I'm so going to hell for lying here!
You really shouldn't post pics of my garage on here claiming it's your own... Oh wait see my post above.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:46 PM
azminiman
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Our garage for the GP.. Still not quite finished, still have the lift and flooring to do...

Old 12-16-2011, 09:00 PM
fhdogs
2nd Gear
I might also thank everyone here because this is all great evidence to prove I'm not the craziest MINI guy around.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:21 AM
christomapher
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TerminalVelocity
I love what you've done with the place! It's so open and airy without any sense of claustrophobia inherent in so many of today's garages! By the way, is that large brown and red mobile tool case in the background the new one from Snap-on I've been reading about?

All kidding aside that is a beautiful Mini!!
Thank you!! My garage is au naturel...

Old 12-17-2011, 12:14 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mine is a filthy mess! I really shuld do a little work on it, it realy is my summer house.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Squirlz
6th Gear
Okay the lift is done! What a project that was. Other than placing the massive platforms into place my Wife and I did it all. Took 3 guys to move the platforms.

The platform is 70" from the ground. There's about 18" between the spoiler lip and the ceiling.

There's room for my hatch to open underneath.

A few random shots to show how the garage has come along.

I built the work bench with left over wood from the garage construction.

That's the bathroom.

Finally a place for the automotive art I've had for years!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Old 12-18-2011, 08:26 PM
05r50
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice place squirlz.

What lift did you get? Are you gonna post a thread on the subject? I would be interested in what you had to go thru, how much clearance you need etc.

I see this as a great way to store my cars and still use the space. I hate leaving a car out in the winter.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Squirlz
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 05r50
Nice place squirlz.

What lift did you get? Are you gonna post a thread on the subject? I would be interested in what you had to go thru, how much clearance you need etc.

I see this as a great way to store my cars and still use the space. I hate leaving a car out in the winter.
It's a Titan that I got from Excel Equipment. It has to be delivered to a loading dock with a fork lift. It takes 3 people to lift the platforms but otherwise can be assembled by one person with an occasional helper. My walls are slightly over 10' and the scissor trusses provide the rest of the clearance.

It has removable wheels but it does not move easily!

Quick Reply: Your MINI Garage