General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The New Official Peerage of the Pepper White

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 02:40 PM
DTH2CHRM
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by minted-rose
Just took a photo! I still need to order the platypus plate mount.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using NAMotoring
Looks good! Yeah that mount is great. I have one but I'm not going to use it until I change to the JCW front bumper. Already did the rear.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:03 PM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DTH2CHRM

Looks good! Yeah that mount is great. I have one but I'm not going to use it until I change to the JCW front bumper. Already did the rear.
Thanks!!

Ooo post photos when complete??

Old 09-20-2013, 04:08 PM
c995990
1st Gear
Hello, can i get #912 - MCS13?

Thanks!

Meet Sheldon -

Old 09-20-2013, 04:16 PM
DTH2CHRM
5th Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave

Driving the Fiat 500 is definitely fun, ugly or not!

I don't think I've noticed a MINI with body-colored fender arches added after the purchase. Be sure to post pictures. Regular paint or this plastidip stuff I keep hearing about? Additionally, I just searched your Oz Leggenda wheels - which ones are you getting?

Warning: I know nothing about vehicle mechanics or external modifications. I'm a simple lawyer.
Definitely going with the professionally painted fender arches. I successfully plastidipped (sp?) my gas cap, but that's where it stopped for me.

As for the wheels...

The New Official Peerage of the Pepper White-image-4025114878.jpg

Old 09-20-2013, 04:19 PM
DTH2CHRM
5th Gear

Thanks!!

Ooo post photos when complete??

But of course!!!! As soon as this winter season passes, I'm going to get the front bumper.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:15 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
I have the JCW exterior package. It has the black trim arches but body color panels along the bottom. That works for me (see configuration). Of course, the body color is the indomitable Pepper White (MINI's finest color by our biased judgment).

Old 09-20-2013, 06:11 PM
DTH2CHRM
5th Gear
If I could have configured my car, I would have gotten the JCW exterior package. I bought mine used and after a month of searching for the right one, the closest I got to it was my "Klaus". Certainly not disappointed though...just have to tweak him a bit to get him just right :-)

I have the JCW exterior package. It has the black trim arches but body color panels along the bottom. That works for me (see configuration). Of course, the body color is the indomitable Pepper White (MINI's finest color by our biased judgment).

Old 09-20-2013, 08:37 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DTH2CHRM
If I could have configured my car, I would have gotten the JCW exterior package. I bought mine used and after a month of searching for the right one, the closest I got to it was my "Klaus". Certainly not disappointed though...just have to tweak him a bit to get him just right :-)
Quite honestly, I probably wouldn't have bought my MCS Roadster without the JCW exterior package. Minimally, I would've had second thoughts or considered the regular MCS Hardtop as an alternative. The JCW exterior package makes that much of a difference in the Roadster's appearance IMO. But that's just me.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:00 AM
linak
2nd Gear
Peerage #310

THE PEERAGE

#300 minilab
#303 goldiespawn
#311 ChipG
#312 MiniChik
#313 MiniCD
Hi minted-rose,
I noticed that #310 is still available from your latest list. Can I reserve that number for Alfie who is still in pieces across the pond? That number holds sentimental value for us . . . okay, okay - it's my house number. But I figure that Alfie will always know where to go when he's tired of traversing the highways. Like that's ever going to happen!

Old 09-21-2013, 05:07 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
linak,

What's your MINI's estimated production completion date? I found the wait period between factory production and ship assignment very aggravating. It took mine one week to go from the finish of production (9/13) to boarding a ship (9/20).

Old 09-21-2013, 05:22 AM
linak
2nd Gear
linak,

What's your MINI's estimated production completion date? I found the wait period between factory production and ship assignment very aggravating. It took mine one week to go from the finish of production (9/13) to boarding a ship (9/20).
I wish I had a completion date. I'm in the "scheduled for production - without a date" category. I keep thinking - soon, soon . . .

Old 09-21-2013, 05:27 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by linak
I wish I had a completion date. I'm in the "scheduled for production - without a date" category. I keep thinking - soon, soon . . .
Check with your MA or live ASK MINI rep for the most recent progress reports. I called ASK MINI reps almost daily without a trace of guilt. They're very patient and exceptionally friendly.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:13 AM
minted-rose
3rd Gear

Hi minted-rose,
I noticed that #310 is still available from your latest list. Can I reserve that number for Alfie who is still in pieces across the pond? That number holds sentimental value for us . . . okay, okay - it's my house number. But I figure that Alfie will always know where to go when he's tired of traversing the highways. Like that's ever going to happen!
You got It !! I'm at a run with some fellow mini mates. I just had time to add your request.

Congrats!!!

Last edited by minted-rose; 09-21-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:47 PM
linak
2nd Gear
Peerage #310

You got It !! I'm at a run with some fellow mini mates. I just had time to add your request.

Congrats!!!

Thanks Minted-Rose,
You made my day. Enjoy your motoring!

Old 09-22-2013, 05:44 AM
minted-rose
3rd Gear

Thanks Minted-Rose,
You made my day. Enjoy your motoring!
thanks! It was a blast! (Breakfast at a bbq joint, ice cream in Chincoteague, lunch at Hoopers Crab House).

Old 09-22-2013, 06:10 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
thanks! It was a blast! (Breakfast at a bbq joint, ice cream in Chincoteague, lunch at Hoopers Crab House).

At least you have a MINI for your motoring adventures (sigh). Mine sits on the Torino in Santander, Spain, awaiting it's final voyage across the Atlantic. It's due in Baltimore on October 3rd. Until then, I'll plug along in my little Fiat 500 rental...vroooom, vroooom!

Old 09-22-2013, 11:11 AM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
At least you have a MINI for your motoring adventures (sigh). Mine sits on the Torino in Santander, Spain, awaiting it's final voyage across the Atlantic. It's due in Baltimore on October 3rd. Until then, I'll plug along in my little Fiat 500 rental...vroooom, vroooom!
Soon, my friend. Soon. And then, beep beep vroom vroom wave wave.

The good thing about yours is that it's brand spanking new. I bought mine at 5yrs of age and 39k miles already on it...and some small dog hair in the passenger foot area. It was garage`d majority of its life before I bought it but still...I didn't get to break it in.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:30 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Soon, my friend. Soon. And then, beep beep vroom vroom wave wave.

The good thing about yours is that it's brand spanking new. I bought mine at 5yrs of age and 39k miles already on it...and some small dog hair in the passenger foot area. It was garage`d majority of its life before I bought it but still...I didn't get to break it in.
I'm glad my Roadster's new. I haven't bought a used car since my last MG in the mid-1970's. That's one advantage of being a lawyer, I guess. The funny thing? My favorite cars of all time were MG's, including a used '66 MGB and a used '71 MG Midget. My first new car was a '75 MG Midget I bought for about $3,500 when I started college (I'm 57 years-old).

Old 09-22-2013, 09:42 PM
minted-rose
3rd Gear

I'm glad my Roadster's new. I haven't bought a used car since my last MG in the mid-1970's. That's one advantage of being a lawyer, I guess. The funny thing? My favorite cars of all time were MG's, including a used '66 MGB and a used '71 MG Midget. My first new car was a '75 MG Midget I bought for about $3,500 when I started college (I'm 57 years-old).
MGBs are awesome little cars but I heard maintenance sucks for it unless you know how to work on them. I certainly do not. I'm a bit too young to have a favorite vehicle but so far so good, my MINI is my current favorite and was my "quarter century crisis" vehicle. (I'm old enough to be your daughter at 29yrs.)

Old 09-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Jolly Rogrrrr
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Minted-Rose.......... may I have a number for my 06 Cooper S. Ni request for a special number, might have better luck if you pick it!

Old 09-23-2013, 12:05 PM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Jolly Rogrrrr
Hi Minted-Rose.......... may I have a number for my 06 Cooper S. Ni request for a special number, might have better luck if you pick it!
are you sure you want me to pick a number for you?? i'm so indecisive, it's terrible BUT how many digits would you like, would you like to incorporate your lucky number, anything of significance that you would like for me to know before i pick your number ??

Old 09-23-2013, 01:07 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
MGBs are awesome little cars but I heard maintenance sucks for it unless you know how to work on them. I certainly do not. I'm a bit too young to have a favorite vehicle but so far so good, my MINI is my current favorite and was my "quarter century crisis" vehicle. (I'm old enough to be your daughter at 29yrs.)

I have two daughters close in age to you. Kelly (OSU'13)(age 22), on the left in the photo, and Kristen (UA'10)(age 25).

Attached Thumbnails The New Official Peerage of the Pepper White-dsc00858.jpg  

Last edited by tampadave; 09-23-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:29 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
NAM poster SheldonCooper found an official BMW site where you can get a line item breakdown of your MINI order and images of the exterior/interior. Here's mine before installation of the chrome driving lamps:

Attached Thumbnails The New Official Peerage of the Pepper White-bmwext.jpg   The New Official Peerage of the Pepper White-bmwint.jpg  

Last edited by tampadave; 09-23-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:27 PM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
I have two daughters close in age to you. Kelly (OSU'13)(age 22), on the left in the photo, and Kristen (UA'10)(age 25).
Awwww!! do you think they'll want to steal your convertible when they come home for the holidays?

is it crazy that i consider my dog-like cat to be my kid?

Old 09-24-2013, 03:32 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Awwww!! do you think they'll want to steal your convertible when they come home for the holidays?

is it crazy that i consider my dog-like cat to be my kid?
Probably not. Kristen married her fraternity sweetheart (a lawyer) and they live near Birmingham, AL, so she's out of the area. Kelly just bought a BMW and has no interest in my Roadster. Best of all, neither one knows how to drive a 6 speed manual. I'm a dog guy 100%, but I understand the cat thing. My sister-n-law has no children, so her cat's treated like a child. She sends out greeting cards with regards from "Rocky" the cat. I question her sanity.

Quick Reply: The New Official Peerage of the Pepper White