General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The New Official Peerage of the Pepper White

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:12 PM
KilmerPT
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by howzuh
Welcome. What mods are ya thinking about?
Hi,

So far I got the non-RFs and stubby on the car. Next is the BMS clutch stop, NM TIA, and tint. I have the LED fogs on order and also a CF JCW **** shipping to me now. I am on the fence about clear bra due to some new appliances we need replaced in the house. You know what they say, happy wife=happy life. lol

After break-in period is done, I also have plans for Helix FMIC, NM SSK with cover, Koni yellows paired with NM alpha springs and Hsport camber links. While I have all that apart, I am adding the Hsport Comp rear sway bar also.

When that is done, then I will get the JB+. Haven't decided whether to get the scan gauge vs the CAN tool. I need to do more research.

I will probably change the interior lights to LED as well at some point. And finally, when I have more money to spend, there's also the GP diffuser.

Looking back at my post, it really is such a slippery slope, isn't it? lol

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

Old 11-13-2013, 03:34 AM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KilmerPT
Hello folks! I would like to join the peerage. Could I please request #2185 if not already taken? Been getting lots of compliments on the color already since Sunday delivery.
You got it!! Congrats on your new Pepper White

Old 11-13-2013, 05:28 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Hello folks! I would like to join the peerage. Could I please request #2185 if not already taken? Been getting lots of compliments on the color already since Sunday delivery.

Very nice, KilmerPT and welcome to the Peerage! Enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:06 AM
howzuh
3rd Gear
Hi, So far I got the non-RFs and stubby on the car. Next is the BMS clutch stop, NM TIA, and tint. I have the LED fogs on order and also a CF JCW **** shipping to me now. I am on the fence about clear bra due to some new appliances we need replaced in the house. You know what they say, happy wife=happy life. lol After break-in period is done, I also have plans for Helix FMIC, NM SSK with cover, Koni yellows paired with NM alpha springs and Hsport camber links. While I have all that apart, I am adding the Hsport Comp rear sway bar also. When that is done, then I will get the JB+. Haven't decided whether to get the scan gauge vs the CAN tool. I need to do more research. I will probably change the interior lights to LED as well at some point. And finally, when I have more money to spend, there's also the GP diffuser. Looking back at my post, it really is such a slippery slope, isn't it? lol Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring
Well done. A slippery slope indeed.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:41 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Bump! Keeping the thread alive. b00sted09 just bought a beautiful PW Clubman, per the 2014 Support Group Thread. Of course, I encouraged him to register his magnificent machine with our Peerage.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:23 PM
KilmerPT
5th Gear
Grats boosted!

Old 11-20-2013, 12:29 PM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
i poked around the 2014 support group thread and found his car. even though it's just a silver white...he should still join us!!

Old 11-20-2013, 12:50 PM
KilmerPT
5th Gear
Discovered my 1st scratch today as I was walking towards it during lunch. Oh well, now I'm just going to have to get that GP2
diffuser after all. lol

Attached Thumbnails The New Official Peerage of the Pepper White-image-3700554656.jpg  
Old 11-20-2013, 02:52 PM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
Discovered my 1st scratch today as I was walking towards it during lunch. Oh well, now I'm just going to have to get that GP2
diffuser after all. lol

are you talking about the little white piece hanging down from the bottom of the bumper??

Old 11-20-2013, 03:18 PM
KilmerPT
5th Gear
Yeah lol... Probably had a small rock chip it on the freeway or something lol

Old 11-20-2013, 03:25 PM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
damn that is bad. i totally agree with you that you're going to need a new part now.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:57 PM
linak
2nd Gear
diffuser after all. lol

Come on Kilmer - are you sure it wasn't planned? The diffuser will look awesome on your car. I know it's on my list along with the belly pan. Just trying to figure out how to break it to my husband. Any suggestions folks?

Old 11-20-2013, 07:15 PM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by linak
Come on Kilmer - are you sure it wasn't planned? The diffuser will look awesome on your car. I know it's on my list along with the belly pan. Just trying to figure out how to break it to my husband. Any suggestions folks?
christmas/birthday present all in one?

Old 11-20-2013, 07:29 PM
linak
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minted-rose
christmas/birthday present all in one?
Great idea - I could act real surprised when I open the boxes!

Old 11-20-2013, 11:10 PM
KilmerPT
5th Gear
Sometimes, it is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. lol

Old 11-23-2013, 12:50 AM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
How's everyone doing lately?? Holidays are approaching us, therefore more shoddy drivers on the roads around us.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using NAMotoring

Old 11-23-2013, 02:00 AM
Monksgirl322
Neutral
322 for me, please!

Old 11-23-2013, 04:33 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
I'm looking forward to the holidays. This is our last winter in Northern Virginia, thank God. We're moving to Belleair, Florida next summer (5 minute drive to the Gulf beach) so I can become a total beach bum. Seriously. I'm hoping my Roadster makes it through the winter okay - snow plowing in the Washington, DC metro area is abysmal.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:42 AM
linak
2nd Gear
I'm happy to say we'll be one of the many driving to Thanksgiving dinner next week. Okay - it's only to the next town . . . but we're going to take the long way there!

Old 11-23-2013, 04:54 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Enjoy your Thanksgiving, linak! I envy you the holiday drive even if it's only a short distance. After our wonderful Thanksgiving Day feast, I'm looking forward to Ohio State vs. Michigan and Alabama vs. Auburn next Saturday.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:25 AM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave
I'm looking forward to the holidays. This is our last winter in Northern Virginia, thank God. We're moving to Belleair, Florida next summer (5 minute drive to the Gulf beach) so I can become a total beach bum. Seriously. I'm hoping my Roadster makes it through the winter okay - snow plowing in the Washington, DC metro area is abysmal.
That's awesome about next summer! ! Your Roadster should be ok. I'm sure there will be many drivers who will be "clearing" the DC streets for you. (If there's snow, I'm actually pretty afraid of driving in it although I have new tires. When we had snowpacalypse a couple winters ago, I had seen so many people lose control of their vehicles because they were going too fast. People negated the build up of ice under the thin layer of plowed snow.)

Are you and the family moving to Florida for retirement? The whole beach bum idea sounds pretty nice right now. Winter sucks.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:29 AM
minted-rose
3rd Gear
I'm happy to say we'll be one of the many driving to Thanksgiving dinner next week. Okay - it's only to the next town . . . but we're going to take the long way there!
Nice!! Show up fashionably "late" as well from having too much fun??

Old 11-23-2013, 05:34 AM
KilmerPT
5th Gear
Speaking of moving, the wife keeps asking me to consider moving from central California to Whitefall, Montana to be closer to her family. lol While I don't mind the snow at all--I love to ski actually. But I only just got my hardtop and not sure how well it will do with the amount of snow they get up in MT.

Old 11-23-2013, 11:24 AM
VittorioS
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys, as winter is approaching, my commute to school may have some salt and grit on the road. In order to protect my wheels, I was thinking of plastidipping them for the moment. Just unsure about the color, I'm not really a fan of black wheels.

What do you guys think of white?

Old 11-23-2013, 12:01 PM
linak
2nd Gear
TDave - only one winter for the Roadster - not bad. You'll have to take a pic of it in the snow for posterity and then say good-bye to cold weather!

Kilmer - speaking of winter - I say if the MINIs can do so well in Sweden, Austria and everywhere else in Europe - they can handle the snow in Montana! And think about how much fun it'll be sliding down the mountains in a MINI!

And Minted-Rose - I'd love to be fashionably late but, darn, we're bringing the appetizers . . . and dessert. Maybe we can sneak out during the main course to put a few miles on! (just kidding - in case anyone in our family is reading)

Vittorio - I'm not sure . . . would the white wheels contrast too much with the pepper white? How about a gun metal grey (I may be a bit biased towards this color as I'd like that for my winter shoes . . . if I ever get them)?

Quick Reply: The New Official Peerage of the Pepper White