General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colorado Mini Owners - Craig Hospital Plates

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Tank251
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colorado Mini Owners - Craig Hospital Plates

Hi everyone. Recent new MINI owner and future member of the Colorado MINI Club 5280. Found out about these plates at the January 14th meeting. The plates can be seen here: http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite...#craighospital

I think this is a good cause and have signed up for a set for my car. So I decided to let every MINI owner in Colorado know.

Quote from Chris Chappell on getting the plates.
Morning all. Thanks for your interest and support of Craig and the license plate program..
Here's how it works: (There are three ways to purchase the plates)

A) Cash - stop by the hospital foundation 3425 S. Clarkson St. Englewood, CO 80113. (East building) or let me know you'd like to purchase the plates and I'll bring a few certificates to the next club meeting / ride and we can handle it face to face.

The one-time donation is $20 (tax-deductible) - all of which goes directly to our patient assistance fund.

B) Check - Please mail: $20 (check payable to: Craig Hospital Foundation)
And send to: Nancy Harbin, CH Foundation, 3425 S. Clarkson St. Englewood, CO 80113

C) Credit or Debit Card - 1. go to www.craighospital.org home page.
2. Click Foundation / donation button (top/far right).
3. Find Make A Gift" - click.
4. This will lead you to: "Donate Now" -form.
5.(under); Donation information - click 'other' & type: 20 (in $$ box).
6. (under); Designation - (sub menu) 'Patient Assistance Fund'.
7. (under); Type Of Gift - check - 'one-time gift or pledge payment'.
8.Follow the menu down; Corporate, Anonymous.
** 9. (under); Gift Comment or Tribute Message (type: License Plate) ***
10. Fill out Billing & Payment information.
11. (optional) Tribute information detail.
12. Click 'Donate Now'

Once we receive your $20 tax-deductible donation we will mail you an original certificate or I will hand you one, if you choose the cash option, which is your receipt and verification. YOU MUST HAVE THE ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE WHEN PICKING UP THE PLATES AT THE DMV. The DMV will not accept copies. The charge at the DMV is $50 (standard group special cost) plus applicable registration cost & taxes. Even if your renewal isn't due for a few months the DMV will generally (county by county rule) credit you $$ difference on the registration renewal date / change.

Additionally, you can order personalized Craig plates or convert your existing personalized plate to a Craig plate. Cars, light trucks, motorcycles are available as well..

I wrote the bill, gathered the petitions, passed it into law with the guv (22 legislative hearings), designed the plate and know the folks at the DOC (Dept. Of Corrections) who make and distribute the plates. So, If you have any questions about the plates please don't hesitate to call me: W:303-789-8188 or email: cchappell@craighospital.org and I'll get you taken care of.

Happy Motoring and on behalf of our 27,000 graduates (patients) I thank you for your generosity and support. Your donation makes a HUGE, positive difference in our patient's lives...and besides, the plates are super cool..

Onward & Upward,

Chris

Last edited by Tank251; 01-19-2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: fix errors