General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those who FINALLY got their 2012 support group

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012 | 08:41 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by fluteboi
Yay. I can finally officially join this group.

Picked up "Prince Charlie" over the weekend and have been very busy practicing driving him.(First time driving manual)

Still need to make my launch and shift more gentle and less choppy. Any advice?

Here is a pic of him at the dealership. I will post some more pics after putting the strips and tints on him.
Congrats

Old 08-11-2012 | 09:02 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
You might consider editing that sign behind Prince Charlie.
I just now noticed that. Just say'n!

Old 08-11-2012 | 09:04 AM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by WinstonAllegheneyIII
Winston is still dirty from the trip
Winston dirty, I never thought I'd hear those words together.

Old 08-12-2012 | 09:22 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
Winston dirty, I never thought I'd hear those words together.
He's all clean again! He even has his new MINI car cover on

Old 08-12-2012 | 09:29 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
I managed to get Pumpkinhead out in some torrential rain Friday so he took a nice shower!
Before I became disabled I swear I washed my Jeep every couple of days and weekly waxing wasn't out of the question.
Now I sit in my garage on a shop stool looking at Pumpkinhead. I sit there going, IS THAT A CHIP?!!, IS THAT A SCRATCH?!!, DID SOMEONE DING MY DOOR?!! IS THAT A CRACK IN MY WINDSHIELD?!! Naw, it's just dirt and those damn bugs! At least with my Jeep if I didn't feel up to washing it I could allow the dirt and bugs to build up to protect the paint while still looking like a Jeep should.

Did I forget to mention I love my Pumpkinhead. The most fun I've had on 4 wheels without having to go off-road to get a smile on my face.

I didn't get no stinking car cover! (I know it wasn't swag but it was fun to say)
I'm still trying to find a way to fold up my garage so I can put it in the boot when I leave the house. The only thing making it difficult is that it's attached.

Last edited by PMKNHD; 08-12-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2012 | 10:09 PM
fluteboi
2nd Gear
new clothes for Winston eh?

I wish the cover is a bit cheaper. Since Prince Charlie is parked outside all the time, it wouldn't make sense for me to get a cover for him. Not that my neighborhood is unsafe or anything, but I am just going to be paranoid that someone will take the cover.

So Prince Charlie will be naked for the time being.

Old 08-12-2012 | 10:10 PM
fluteboi
2nd Gear
Congrats
thanks for the welcome. How's Purrl doing?

Did you hear back from your original MA about happened to Hawkling? I am guessing no?

Old 08-13-2012 | 09:35 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
You being that happy makes me smile. I think we all should feel this way

I managed to get Pumpkinhead out in some torrential rain Friday so he took a nice shower!
Before I became disabled I swear I washed my Jeep every couple of days and weekly waxing wasn't out of the question.
Now I sit in my garage on a shop stool looking at Pumpkinhead. I sit there going, IS THAT A CHIP?!!, IS THAT A SCRATCH?!!, DID SOMEONE DING MY DOOR?!! IS THAT A CRACK IN MY WINDSHIELD?!! Naw, it's just dirt and those damn bugs! At least with my Jeep if I didn't feel up to washing it I could allow the dirt and bugs to build up to protect the paint while still looking like a Jeep should.

Did I forget to mention I love my Pumpkinhead. The most fun I've had on 4 wheels without having to go off-road to get a smile on my face.

I didn't get no stinking car cover! (I know it wasn't swag but it was fun to say)
I'm still trying to find a way to fold up my garage so I can put it in the boot when I leave the house. The only thing making it difficult is that it's attached.

Old 08-13-2012 | 09:37 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
new clothes for Winston eh?

I wish the cover is a bit cheaper. Since Prince Charlie is parked outside all the time, it wouldn't make sense for me to get a cover for him. Not that my neighborhood is unsafe or anything, but I am just going to be paranoid that someone will take the cover.

So Prince Charlie will be naked for the time being.
I wish the cover was cheaper too, but it really is of excellent quality in my opinion. It's all shiny and smooth on the outside and all velvety on the inside

An outdoor cover on the ther hand sounds like trouble. Wouldn't want to see your investment walk, and it probably would

Old 08-13-2012 | 09:38 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Did you hear back from your original MA about happened to Hawkling? I am guessing no?

Old 08-14-2012 | 07:47 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
thanks for the welcome. How's Purrl doing?

Nope. That Lot is closer to me than the lot we purchased Purrl from so I'm thinking next time I need to go in for something, I'll bring her there.

Old 08-14-2012 | 08:26 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
You being that happy makes me smile. I think we all should feel this way
+1000 I'm glad my smile made you smile!

Old 08-14-2012 | 08:27 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Nope. That Lot is closer to me than the lot we purchased Purrl from so I'm thinking next time I need to go in for something, I'll bring her there.

Old 08-14-2012 | 08:46 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
What's up, y'all???? Viv and I didn't forget about you!

Old 08-14-2012 | 08:57 PM
fluteboi
2nd Gear
I saw a MCS hardtop in Pumpkinhead color today on my way home. Orange body, black top and black wheels. I looked a couple times at the driver trying to make eye contact and get a wave, but he never look over. I have yet to get a wave here in Cali and I see at least one or two MINI everyday.

I guess not all orange MC is as cool as Pumpkinhead?

Old 08-15-2012 | 07:35 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
I saw a MCS hardtop in Pumpkinhead color today on my way home. Orange body, black top and black wheels. I looked a couple times at the driver trying to make eye contact and get a wave, but he never look over. I have yet to get a wave here in Cali and I see at least one or two MINI everyday.

I see many, many other MINI's everyday and I think I have only gotten one LOOK from another driver in the 6 weeks I've had Raph, much less an actual wave. I actually got way more waves, thumbs ups, 'sup head nods from other Camaro owners when I had my Z28. It's actally quite disappointing...

Old 08-15-2012 | 09:20 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear

Old 08-15-2012 | 09:35 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
What I think is funny is the fact that they not only don't wave, they make a deliberate effort to not even look your way. Must be self involved or suffering with some social phobia.
Keep waving and they may [come out of their shell.] <=(I couldn't resist)

Old 08-15-2012 | 10:20 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
I haven't gotten any waves either. And there are soooo many MINIs in my area! I was at a stop light the other day and a white Countryman stopped in the lane next to me....but not even with me...a whole car length back so we weren't side to side. WTH??

Old 08-15-2012 | 11:04 PM
fluteboi
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
I haven't gotten any waves either. And there are soooo many MINIs in my area! I was at a stop light the other day and a white Countryman stopped in the lane next to me....but not even with me...a whole car length back so we weren't side to side. WTH??
They probably wanted to check out the back side of Viv and saying "Gosh, why didn't I get a blue one"

Old 08-16-2012 | 12:05 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
Maybe he got flustered because Viv is such a fine looking gal!

Old 08-16-2012 | 12:16 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
I feel like I'm one of the Little Rascals.
I'm a member in good standing of the Non-Wavers Haters Club.

Everyone raise your right hand . . No, your
other right hand. . . I, Pumpkinhead (all repeat)…Member in good standing of the MINI Cooper Non-Waver Haters Club (all repeat)…do solemnly swear to be a real waving MINI Cooper and hate Non-Wavers and not play with them or talk to them unless I have to. And especially: never fall in love. And if I do, may I die slowly and painfully and suffer for hours or until I scream bloody murder. (all try to repeat)

Old 08-16-2012 | 06:09 AM
razz
3rd Gear
I got a thumbs up at a stop light from a guy driving a big silvery white Lexus. Threw me for a loop.

Old 08-16-2012 | 06:30 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
They probably wanted to check out the back side of Viv and saying "Gosh, why didn't I get a blue one"

Old 08-16-2012 | 06:31 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
Maybe he got flustered because Viv is such a fine looking gal!

Quick Reply: Those who FINALLY got their 2012 support group