General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those who FINALLY got their 2012 support group

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012 | 12:56 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bmwr606
so last week i motor up to the corner "quikkie store" for a cup of coffee and something sweet to go with it

as i walk out the door, i see Mr Statetrooperman has parked his car behind my CMS All4, blocking me into the pull-in parking space and HE is standing behind my CMS All4 looking at the tags (or so it appears) ....

OH OH! what did i do now? :confuse d:

i am just standing there and he looks up and says "is this your car, sir?"

my first thought is to deny, deny, deny and steal another car ....

but i say "yes it is"

he says "nice car, WHAT IS IT? i know it's a MINI, but IT HAS 4 DOORS"

BIG SIGH! and into the sales pitch i go

i think i am now down to 3 lives left out of my original nine, there are some other interesting stories for the other 5 lives

scott
Curious, what is a BMWr606? Is that a model or is it just your nic? Sorry, I don't mean to sound dumb...

Old 07-12-2012 | 12:56 PM
Tank251
4th Gear
Originally Posted by WinstonAllegheneyIII
I'm in MINI5280 and my boyfriend is in Coloradostangs and allfordmustangs.com. The times we meet are all different. If we are going to go, i'll pm you. Are you going to MITM?
Thanks. That Sonic is really close to where I live. Not going to MITM. I have training that week.

Old 07-12-2012 | 01:01 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bmwr606
so last week i motor up to the corner "quikkie store" for a cup of coffee and something sweet to go with it

as i walk out the door, i see Mr Statetrooperman has parked his car behind my CMS All4, blocking me into the pull-in parking space and HE is standing behind my CMS All4 looking at the tags (or so it appears) ....

OH OH! what did i do now? :confuse d:

i am just standing there and he looks up and says "is this your car, sir?"

my first thought is to deny, deny, deny and steal another car ....

but i say "yes it is"

he says "nice car, WHAT IS IT? i know it's a MINI, but IT HAS 4 DOORS"

BIG SIGH! and into the sales pitch i go

i think i am now down to 3 lives left out of my original nine, there are some other interesting stories for the other 5 lives

scott
That's awesome!

Old 07-12-2012 | 01:02 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
2. WOW, I thought MY purse was big and heavy? My boyfriend calls my purse the BLACK HOLE

Only thing wrong with mine so far is that the windshield got dinged. The side scuttles are a little loose but I think i'm going to change them anyway...
My scuttles are loose too. Maybe that's normal?

Old 07-12-2012 | 01:06 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
So can anyone who has an ihpone 4s tell me if they hear a humming sound through the speakers when trying to listen to the ipod portion of the phone? I'm guessing it's because it's an iphone and the radio is causing interference. I'll try to hook up my ipod touch via bluetooth and listen to the music that way (or I guess I could just hook it up and not plug in the iphone?). Let me know if any of you has heard humming... Thank you!
I haven't noticed any noise. It might be because I was used to running my iphone through a radio transmitter in my old car so I'm just used to hearing background static. But honestly, I think it sounds pretty clear. I'll listen a little closer on my way home tday and let you know.

Old 07-12-2012 | 01:07 PM
bmwr606
6th Gear
Curious, what is a BMWr606? Is that a model or is it just your nic? Sorry, I don't mean to sound dumb...
a BMW R60/6 is a BMW motorcycle

in my case a 1974 model that was my first bought NEW motorcycle (or car for that matter!)

and i still own it and ride it, 120,000 miles and going and going and going

bmwr606@xxxxx.xxx has been my email address for many years, thru many ISPs

kinda neat that my mini is also an R60!

scott

Last edited by bmwr606; 07-12-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: more info added
Old 07-12-2012 | 01:14 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
So can anyone who has an ihpone 4s tell me if they hear a humming sound through the speakers when trying to listen to the ipod portion of the phone? I'm guessing it's because it's an iphone and the radio is causing interference. I'll try to hook up my ipod touch via bluetooth and listen to the music that way (or I guess I could just hook it up and not plug in the iphone?). Let me know if any of you has heard humming... Thank you!

How are you trying to listen to it?

A) Are you using the Y-adapter? (usb + headphone jack)
B) Just a Headphone Jack?

Do you have the standard audio system or the MINI Connect/Nav?

Old 07-12-2012 | 01:24 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Vapok

I'm using the Y-adaptor. I have the Harmon/Kardon system. I'll hook up the ipod and see if that does the same thing.

Old 07-12-2012 | 01:33 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
I'm using the Y-adaptor. I have the Harmon/Kardon system. I'll hook up the ipod and see if that does the same thing.
Same thing I have... So, the Y-adapter kind of sucks.. but it shouldn't have static or background noise on it. I believe as well, that the Bluetooth music integration is not iOS supported. Only through the USB/Headphone can you get it to work.

That being said... With the H/K package, it should really sound quite crisp and clear. So if it's not, I might have it checked out.

Old 07-12-2012 | 02:32 PM
lara
1st Gear
I should be able to join this group some time next week!

Old 07-12-2012 | 02:47 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
Anything about your MINI driving you crazy yet?

Every time I open the doors or boot, there is condensation dripping everywhere. (From the rain, obviously...)

My purse is apparently heavy enough to signal the passenger seat seat belt tone to go off. FYI....I don't consider my purse heavy.

My hubby keeps asking if he can take my MINI to work with him.

So far....that's it.
The only thing driving me crazy is having to watch my shift points until 1400 miles, which all but eliminates Sport mode since the moment you touch the gas it's already pushing 3000 rpm's.

Old 07-12-2012 | 03:24 PM
razz
3rd Gear
No humming sound here when using my iPhone and listening to podcasts, ipod music, or Pandora, either via Y-cable or Bluetooth. (I do not have the cradle.) In fact, I love this feature, especially now that I finally figured out how to get everything working in the Tech package.

I do find that the Y-cable is cumbersome and the aux jack can come unseated, causing a loss of sound and/or video. I'd rather use the cradle but think it's way overpriced.

Old 07-12-2012 | 07:00 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
OK so I just hooked up my iPod in Winston and it too hummed. I checked the cable connection and one of the cables was a little loose so I pushed it in all the way and voila! It works now

I also changed my ambient lighting to purple. I'm in a purple mood lol

Old 07-12-2012 | 08:01 PM
Btwyx
6th Gear
I'm here. We still haven't named the new one yet.

Old 07-12-2012 | 08:02 PM
Btwyx
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
My hubby keeps asking if he can take my MINI to work with him.
It was at that point we bought the second MINI. Just having one was causing too much friction.

Old 07-12-2012 | 11:04 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Sweet. I was worried that my daily and nightly laughs would end. I was tearing up at the thought of not hearing from the fam. OK, maybe that was tears from laughing at PMKNHD's comment about Purrl throwing hawkling overboard.

Old 07-12-2012 | 11:07 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Or was it WinstonAllgheneyIII's creepy laugh.

Old 07-13-2012 | 05:19 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by deejay_001
Or was it WinstonAllgheneyIII's creepy laugh.

Old 07-13-2012 | 05:21 AM
Tank251
4th Gear
Originally Posted by lara
I should be able to join this group some time next week!
Great!

Also, may I say that your choice of colour is amazing! You are a genius

Hey, no bias here.

Old 07-13-2012 | 09:28 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
I drove Winston this morning and decided to play with the Minimalism Analyser. I scored 32? lol... I got 5 stars for gear changes, 4 stars for accelerate, and 4.5 stars for braking. Does that mean I'm doing good?

Old 07-13-2012 | 09:34 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear
I drove Winston this morning and decided to play with the Minimalism Analyser. I scored 32? lol... I got 5 stars for gear changes, 4 stars for accelerate, and 4.5 stars for braking. Does that mean I'm doing good?
I actually found the Minimalism Analyser a little conservative in "motoring". It seemed to get the good stars and scores, I really had to tame my driving.

So, instead, I keep it on the Driving Excitement and watch how much torque and horse power I'm using. Also the Forcemeter is pretty cool... especially if you like hard turns.

Old 07-13-2012 | 09:36 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
I actually found the Minimalism Analyser a little conservative in "motoring". It seemed to get the good stars and scores, I really had to tame my driving.

So, instead, I keep it on the Driving Excitement and watch how much torque and horse power I'm using. Also the Forcemeter is pretty cool... especially if you like hard turns.
I didn't even know I had that??? I'll have to check it out later. Planning on doing some more motoring since my "windshield rattle" seems to have amazingly disappeared?

Old 07-13-2012 | 03:59 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
It appears we've been uprooted.

Apparently, this thread doesn't qualify as First Gear!

Old 07-13-2012 | 04:17 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Just noticed the 2013 configuror is up and running on miniusa.com. In addition to the bluetooth/ipod now standard and satellite radio not (which I think is a good trade off), there are a few more trim packages available. But no more Rooster Red/Black seats , but you can now get Lounge Leather in Championship Red trim on a non-JCW.

Kinda glad that option wasn't available when I ordered or I probably would have been shelling out the extra $1000 for them!

Old 07-13-2012 | 04:46 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle
The only thing driving me crazy is having to watch my shift points until 1400 miles, which all but eliminates Sport mode since the moment you touch the gas it's already pushing 3000 rpm's.
+1 Happy to be out of break in!

Quick Reply: Those who FINALLY got their 2012 support group