General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those who FINALLY got their 2012 support group

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012 | 07:37 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
3 hrs. 23 min. and counting (your time)

Old 07-19-2012 | 10:18 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by PMKNHD
3 hrs. 23 min. and counting (your time)
36 minutes now! time for some motoring and detailing this weekend. How many times do you guys wash your MINI per week?

Last edited by WinstonAllegheneyIII; 07-19-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Ipad
Old 07-19-2012 | 10:20 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Sorry for the typos. This iPad has a mind of it's own.

Old 07-19-2012 | 10:39 PM
Btwyx
6th Gear
It wouldn't happen to be Whatchamacallit would it?
Front runner is currently "Algy" after Biggles' sidekick (for some very convoluted reasons).

Old 07-19-2012 | 11:57 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by WinstonAllegheneyIII
Sorry for the typos. This iPad has a mind of it's own.
They all do, it's called a processor. The rest is just memory!

Old 07-20-2012 | 12:03 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Btwyx
Front runner is currently "Algy" after Biggles' sidekick (for some very convoluted reasons).
Very interesting. I'm surprised I've never heard of the books until now. At least I don't remember. I may have read some when I was younger.
With there being over 100 volumes, even though it's particularly British I would think there would be a following here.

Old 07-20-2012 | 03:56 AM
Hyland33
2nd Gear
So I finally had to fill up Winston's gas tank and when I did, my gauge said I was getting 38.8 mpg!?!? That sounds outrageous (or have I been driving an SUV for too long). Is that right???

I went up to my NH house the other day and I averaged 40mpg on the way up

Old 07-20-2012 | 08:45 AM
lara
1st Gear
I picked up Skyrider Wednesday evening. I am loving the car. My only issue is that there's only one charger port in the front (I do know there's one in the back). I'd like to be able to have my GPS and radar detector plugged in at the same time. I can charge my phone via the y-connector, so that's not as big a deal. Anyone have any workarounds?

(And I keep having trouble going into reverse since it's not just below first gear like in my old car--and one time I went into reverse by mistake instead of first at a stop light which could have been disasterous!)

I've already had several unsolicited compliments on Skyrider. And there are no random error messages popping up like in my old car.

Old 07-20-2012 | 08:50 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Maybe you can look for a splitter for your charger port in the front? I never use mine and I don't even know where it is or if a splitter can be accomodated in that area, but it's an idea... Maybe try Radio Shack?

RE Going into reverse. I suggest you take your time practicing with Skyrider. I had this problem at first with my first MINI years ago. It just takes a little bit of getting used to. Try not to move the shifter "abruptly" to the left because that's when mine seemed to want to go into reverse instead of first. Hope that helps?

Originally Posted by lara
I picked up Skyrider Wednesday evening. I am loving the car. My only issue is that there's only one charger port in the front (I do know there's one in the back). I'd like to be able to have my GPS and radar detector plugged in at the same time. I can charge my phone via the y-connector, so that's not as big a deal. Anyone have any workarounds?

(And I keep having trouble going into reverse since it's not just below first gear like in my old car--and one time I went into reverse by mistake instead of first at a stop light which could have been disasterous!)

I've already had several unsolicited compliments on Skyrider. And there are no random error messages popping up like in my old car.

Old 07-20-2012 | 08:52 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Hyland33
WOW! Great. So is the actual mpg in the onboard computer or the trip computer? Both list "mpg" but one is higher than the other. Can someone explain

Old 07-20-2012 | 08:52 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
They all do, it's called a processor. The rest is just memory!
Smart alec

Old 07-20-2012 | 10:30 AM
razz
3rd Gear
So is the actual mpg in the onboard computer or the trip computer? Both list "mpg" but one is higher than the other. Can someone explain
One is average fuel consumption (since last reset) and the other is current fuel consumption (at that instant).

Old 07-20-2012 | 10:43 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
i'll assume the trip computer is the instant mpg and the onboard computer is the mpg since last reset?

Old 07-20-2012 | 11:15 AM
razz
3rd Gear
i'll assume the trip computer is the instant mpg and the onboard computer is the mpg since last reset?
The OBC displays both current and average, depending on item selected. The trip computer displays the average consumption since the trip was reset.

Old 07-20-2012 | 02:28 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
I hope everyone has a relaxing and safe motoring weekend!

Old 07-20-2012 | 02:46 PM
The Angry Pumkin
2nd Gear
Stomp on it you will know which one is current lol

Old 07-20-2012 | 10:09 PM
deejay_001
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Hyland33
We're currently averaging 26.9 mpg. WTH. Dang Seattle traffic.

Old 07-21-2012 | 02:41 AM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Btwyx
Just passed 1200 miles, so break in is over and I can unleash the full power. Its nice, he makes an interesting noise around 5500 revs.

In other news, we may be settling on a name.
Very nice! I've got about 150 miles to go.

Old 07-21-2012 | 12:28 PM
Btwyx
6th Gear
Very interesting. I'm surprised I've never heard of the books until now. At least I don't remember. I may have read some when I was younger.
With there being over 100 volumes, even though it's particularly British I would think there would be a following here.
The Biggles series is kind of suffused throughout the British consciousness, though I never read any myself. If you look at the parodies section of the wikipedia article, you can see that Monty Python thought it was something that could be readily parodied. I think we had one book on the bookshelves at home, I suspect the syle wouldn't agree with my Dad or Brother even though they're hard core militeria people.

Old 07-21-2012 | 11:28 PM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
I hope everyone has a relaxing and safe motoring weekend!
You too, at least what's left of it!

My mother was feeling pretty good today. (this is unusual) So I took her and her dogs for a ride to Mohican State Park. It's about a 2 hour drive each way. Nice country roads with 55 mph. speed limits and lots of twisties.

Mom is 69 and loves Pumpkinhead, she even laughs while going through the twisties. For that matter she laughs to the sound of the pops and burbles and says it's part of what makes the ride fun.

Mom made my laugh, taking me off guard by saying the turbo pshhhhh sounded sexy.

I hope your Saturday was as entertaining as mine!

Old 07-22-2012 | 09:22 AM
fluteboi
2nd Gear

My mother was feeling pretty good today. (this is unusual) So I took her and her dogs for a ride to Mohican State Park. It's about a 2 hour drive each way. Nice country roads with 55 mph. speed limits and lots of twisties.

Mom is 69 and loves Pumpkinhead, she even laughs while going through the twisties. For that matter she laughs to the sound of the pops and burbles and says it's part of what makes the ride fun.

Mom made my laugh, taking me off guard by saying the turbo pshhhhh sounded sexy.

Nice. But did you tell her your car has something call "Fart mode"?

Old 07-22-2012 | 09:36 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by fluteboi
Nice. But did you tell her your car has something call "Fart mode"?

I thought that's what he was going to say that his mom said!!! You're a good son to entertain your mom

Old 07-22-2012 | 09:49 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
We took a ride in Winston through the hills to Boulder and back. it was really nice too! Stopped for an ice-cream YUM! I just finished my Sunday morning ritual of washing Winston he's so fun to hand wash OMG I just realized I forgot my tire dressing

Old 07-22-2012 | 12:18 PM
TELY
3rd Gear

That's awesome!!! Sounds like y'all had a great drive and good bonding time! It's great that our MINIs can be in fart mode and still sound sexy!!!

Old 07-23-2012 | 08:59 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
That's awesome!!! Sounds like y'all had a great drive and good bonding time! It's great that our MINIs can be in fart mode and still sound sexy!!!
fart mode (I still haven't been able to get Winston to fart?)

Quick Reply: Those who FINALLY got their 2012 support group