General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those who FINALLY got their 2012 support group

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012 | 08:20 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Those who FINALLY got their 2012 support group

A group of us had so much fun in our "those waiting for a 2012 support group" thread that we wanted to create this forum for those who now have their 2012's and want to keep up general discussion.

Old 07-12-2012 | 08:28 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Welcome Pumpkinhead, deejay, tely, razz, and ninjaturtle (i'm sure you'll be here soon)

Old 07-12-2012 | 09:04 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear
I'll hang my hat here.

Meet Pini!

Old 07-12-2012 | 09:10 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Sweet! How appropriate that you are here. You are the founder of our other thread that we had so much fun on

Great pics and welcome! I love the "happy birthday" banner!

Originally Posted by Vapok
I'll hang my hat here.

Meet Pini!

Old 07-12-2012 | 09:27 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Pini's been a good car. From all reports from MINI USA and my dealership, Pini is at least the 1st 2012 Clubman off the Oxford production line, if not the first 2012 MINI off the line as a whole.

She's been good to me. A few hiccups.

We've already got 17,000+ miles together. She's driven across the country (almost) and back, she's climbed to the summit of Mt. Washington (all 6,288 feet of her, or at least the parking lot), and all around New England.

Only a few issues. Within a month of ownership, her tachometer died, which is the control assembly for everything electronic in the car.. so that was a little scary. It was replaced within a couple days at the dealership. Then she worked perfectly up until about two weeks ago, and I had to get the engine thermometer replaced, which caused all sorts of messages on the MINI Connect screen saying "Engine Malfunction, Reduced Power" and a nice solid orange light.

Took her into the shop the next day and within about two hours was all fixed up...and even bought her some bling while there. A nice shiny new JCW Strut Bar.

Already making memories with her!

Old 07-12-2012 | 09:53 AM
PMKNHD
4th Gear
PMKNHD and Pumpkinhead checking in and confirming membership!

Old 07-12-2012 | 10:33 AM
razz
3rd Gear
Took her into the shop the next day and within about two hours was all fixed up...and even bought her some bling while there. A nice shiny new JCW Strut Bar.
I wonder if the dealer programs in a minor malfunction in order to get customers back in for bling ahead of the first service visit.

Old 07-12-2012 | 10:59 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Pini's been a good car. From all reports from MINI USA and my dealership, Pini is at least the 1st 2012 Clubman off the Oxford production line, if not the first 2012 MINI off the line as a whole.

She's been good to me. A few hiccups.

We've already got 17,000+ miles together. She's driven across the country (almost) and back, she's climbed to the summit of Mt. Washington (all 6,288 feet of her, or at least the parking lot), and all around New England.

Only a few issues. Within a month of ownership, her tachometer died, which is the control assembly for everything electronic in the car.. so that was a little scary. It was replaced within a couple days at the dealership. Then she worked perfectly up until about two weeks ago, and I had to get the engine thermometer replaced, which caused all sorts of messages on the MINI Connect screen saying "Engine Malfunction, Reduced Power" and a nice solid orange light.

Already making memories with her!
That's a great story! I can't wait to start making memories with Winston!

Old 07-12-2012 | 11:16 AM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Checking in with my peoples!

Old 07-12-2012 | 11:16 AM
Tank251
4th Gear
I have had Comet since December. No issues except a flat. Appearantly I got screwed.

Just broke 6K miles. Love it.

Old 07-12-2012 | 11:17 AM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by razz
I wonder if the dealer programs in a minor malfunction in order to get customers back in for bling ahead of the first service visit.
That must be why mine has been OK...I just picked up all the extras I wanted when I took delivery.

Old 07-12-2012 | 11:22 AM
TELY
3rd Gear
Hello friends!
I just sold my Jeep today! *BIG sigh of relief*
Got a little more for it than we had hoped.....hmmmmm....maybe I should buy Viv a present....

Old 07-12-2012 | 11:28 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Tank251
I have had Comet since December. No issues except a flat. Appearantly I got screwed.

Just broke 6K miles. Love it.
Well hello neighbor! Southwest Denver here. Hope to see you around soon. We very often meet on Friday nights at the Sonic on 100th & Wadsworth for cars and conies! You should join us. Just look for all the MINI"s and Mustangs

ps: "got screwed"

Last edited by WinstonAllegheneyIII; 07-12-2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: adding the ps
Old 07-12-2012 | 11:29 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TELY
Hello friends!
I just sold my Jeep today! *BIG sigh of relief*
Got a little more for it than we had hoped.....hmmmmm....maybe I should buy Viv a present....
Awesome! Congrats! And yes, you should buy VIV something after all the fun she has given you!

Old 07-12-2012 | 12:16 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by WinstonAllegheneyIII
Awesome! Congrats! And yes, you should buy VIV something after all the fun she has given you!
+1

I hear girls like shiny things...at least that's what my wife keeps telling me.

Old 07-12-2012 | 12:17 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Damn!!! I spoke too soon! The buyer for my Jeep just backed out!

Old 07-12-2012 | 12:21 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Damn!!! I spoke too soon! The buyer for my Jeep just backed out!
Yikes! I was just going to suggest some motoring swag for you and maybe a cute little bulldog keychain and maybe a car cover for all that rain for VIV but I'll rescind my statement... so sorry. I'm sure the right buyer will come along. What type of Jeep is it?

Old 07-12-2012 | 12:24 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
So can anyone who has an ihpone 4s tell me if they hear a humming sound through the speakers when trying to listen to the ipod portion of the phone? I'm guessing it's because it's an iphone and the radio is causing interference. I'll try to hook up my ipod touch via bluetooth and listen to the music that way (or I guess I could just hook it up and not plug in the iphone?). Let me know if any of you has heard humming... Thank you!

Old 07-12-2012 | 12:29 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Yikes! I was just going to suggest some motoring swag for you and maybe a cute little bulldog keychain and maybe a car cover for all that rain for VIV but I'll rescind my statement... so sorry. I'm sure the right buyer will come along. What type of Jeep is it?
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Sport. Seems like there are a ton of Jeep owners who have now gone MINI! About the rain.....we had a huge drought last summer, so the rain is very welcome!

Old 07-12-2012 | 12:35 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Anything about your MINI driving you crazy yet?

Every time I open the doors or boot, there is condensation dripping everywhere. (From the rain, obviously...)

My purse is apparently heavy enough to signal the passenger seat seat belt tone to go off. FYI....I don't consider my purse heavy.

My hubby keeps asking if he can take my MINI to work with him.

So far....that's it.

Old 07-12-2012 | 12:48 PM
bmwr606
6th Gear
hello Mr Statetrooperman

so last week i motor up to the corner "quikkie store" for a cup of coffee and something sweet to go with it

as i walk out the door, i see Mr Statetrooperman has parked his car behind my CMS All4, blocking me into the pull-in parking space and HE is standing behind my CMS All4 looking at the tags (or so it appears) ....

OH OH! what did i do now? :confuse d:

i am just standing there and he looks up and says "is this your car, sir?"

my first thought is to deny, deny, deny and steal another car ....

but i say "yes it is"

he says "nice car, WHAT IS IT? i know it's a MINI, but IT HAS 4 DOORS"

BIG SIGH! and into the sales pitch i go

i think i am now down to 3 lives left out of my original nine, there are some other interesting stories for the other 5 lives

scott

Old 07-12-2012 | 12:50 PM
Tank251
4th Gear
Well hello neighbor! Southwest Denver here. Hope to see you around soon. We very often meet on Friday nights at the Sonic on 100th & Wadsworth for cars and conies! You should join us. Just look for all the MINI"s and Mustangs

ps: "got screwed"
Are you in MINI5280 or something else?

I joined 5280 in January and went to some things, but lately (Last 3 months) I haven't gone to anything. I have been busy on the weekends.

What time Friday's?

Old 07-12-2012 | 12:51 PM
TELY
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bmwr606
so last week i motor up to the corner "quikkie store" for a cup of coffee and something sweet to go with it

as i walk out the door, i see Mr Statetrooperman has parked his car behind my CMS All4, blocking me into the pull-in parking space and HE is standing behind my CMS All4 looking at the tags (or so it appears) ....

OH OH! what did i do now? :confuse d:

i am just standing there and he looks up and says "is this your car, sir?"

my first thought is to deny, deny, deny and steal another car ....

but i say "yes it is"

he says "nice car, WHAT IS IT? i know it's a MINI, but IT HAS 4 DOORS"

BIG SIGH! and into the sales pitch i go

i think i am now down to 3 lives left out of my original nine, there are some other interesting stories for the other 5 lives

scott
That's a great story! Welcome to the group!

Old 07-12-2012 | 12:52 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Anything about your MINI driving you crazy yet?

1. Every time I open the doors or boot, there is condensation dripping everywhere. (From the rain, obviously...)

2. My purse is apparently heavy enough to signal the passenger seat seat belt tone to go off. FYI....I don't consider my purse heavy.

3. My hubby keeps asking if he can take my MINI to work with him.

So far....that's it.
2. WOW, I thought MY purse was big and heavy? My boyfriend calls my purse the BLACK HOLE

Only thing wrong with mine so far is that the windshield got dinged. The side scuttles are a little loose but I think i'm going to change them anyway...

Old 07-12-2012 | 12:54 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Tank251
Are you in MINI5280 or something else?

I joined 5280 in January and went to some things, but lately (Last 3 months) I haven't gone to anything. I have been busy on the weekends.

What time Friday's?
I'm in MINI5280 and my boyfriend is in Coloradostangs and allfordmustangs.com. The times we meet are all different. If we are going to go, i'll pm you. Are you going to MITM?

Quick Reply: Those who FINALLY got their 2012 support group